887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 8/25/2020 at 6:23 AM, GC1 said:

That's true but i am overseas now and could not return due to no flights and no hope to return before my 489 expires. I guess Bridging visa only works if i am in Australia, not sure if it can be used by the employer though i am out of the country. suggestions please..

You cannot apply BVB offshore. You will get pregnant. The only option to get back to Aus is to apply for a visit visa. Once you are back, then you need to apply to reinstate you BVA that could not be activated because you were offshore.  Your BVA will become active once your visit visa expires. Maybe you get 887 even when you are on visit visa because once you are onshore and let the CO know that you are onshore he can issue 887 anytime.

19 hours ago, NSINGHh said:

Grant Grant Grant!!!

Finally got the grant after 2 contacts!

Application date: 26 August 2019

Grant date: 26 August 2020

All the best to those who are waiting!

Congrats.. Granted After a long wait.

When were you contacted and what was requested to submit ?

When you submitted docs both times?

15 hours ago, Journey said:

Did you get any response from the complaint?  When did you send the complaint? I sent mine a wk ago and heard nothing..

Just a generic response with the 70% process within 16 months.

I send it on 18th August. when did you got the first contact ?

Hi everyone,

Received my grant today.

Date of application 23 May 2020.

Grant received 27 Aug 2020

2 Applicants (myself as primary and my spouse as secondary applicant)

Hope everyone gets their grant soon.

Any advice from those who have already received their grant. Other than converting my interim medicare to permanent medicare is there anything else I have to do.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, 887pos said:

Hi everyone,

Received my grant today.

Date of application 23 May 2020.

Grant received 27 Aug 2020

2 Applicants (myself as primary and my spouse as secondary applicant)

Hope everyone gets their grant soon.

Any advice from those who have already received their grant. Other than converting my interim medicare to permanent medicare is there anything else I have to do.

CO Please?

GRANT! GRANT! GRANT!

With a blessing of the universe, we have received our Direct Grant this morning 🙂  The golden email arrived at 10:20 am.

Application Lodgement Date: 23 May 2020

State: VIC

Family of two

CO: Michelle

Thank you to you all for your guidance 😊 This happiness has no match, may god shower this blessing on you all as soon as possible. 

Edited by Vimmi Bajwa
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sachin said:

Any applicant from Dec 2019 and still waiting for a decision? I had first contact on 2 July. 

applied 1 Oct 2019, 1st contact 2 July 2020 and uploaded docs 27 July 2020 and no news . CO Andrej for Ielts and PCC

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Qasim Javed said:

You cannot apply BVB offshore. You will get pregnant. The only option to get back to Aus is to apply for a visit visa. Once you are back, then you need to apply to reinstate you BVA that could not be activated because you were offshore.  Your BVA will become active once your visit visa expires. Maybe you get 887 even when you are on visit visa because once you are onshore and let the CO know that you are onshore he can issue 887 anytime.

ya will look into this. Thank you

Goodday guys, i'm a silent follower here, just wanna ask regarding our situation, My daughter wss born here in Aus,and bcoz of this corona we can't process her passport, do anyone has the same situation where u apply for the permanent visa and your child has no passport? Thanks for the response. Have a great day. 

Silent follower here.

Firstly, thank you for sharing your journey - every bit of info helped.

Direct Grant

Applied: 28 May 2020

Received: 27 Aug 2020

CO: Ben

State: SA

Documents supplied:

Uploaded Stat Dec for travel stating that it was under the amount of days needed for new PCC.

Used a different surname at work, so stated that in AFP application and a Stat Dec for that.

Consolidated all payslips.

Provided ATO of last FY (haven't done this FY yet)

SUPER doc with Employer contributions.

Letter from University stating tuition was in English, as well as old IELTS results.

Letter from employer stating hours worked, as well as reason for reduction in wage (20% cut due to Covid, but no cut in hours).

Uploaded resignation from Armed Forces (though 12 years ago).

Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Overdrive said:

Goodday guys, i'm a silent follower here, just wanna ask regarding our situation, My daughter wss born here in Aus,and bcoz of this corona we can't process her passport, do anyone has the same situation where u apply for the permanent visa and your child has no passport? Thanks for the response. Have a great day. 

Hi ... I applied for my Visa without my sons passport .. You could upload it later once you receive it .. You could even submit a Stat dec that the passposts are delayed coz of COVID and  they can issue grant and once you receive passport you will upload .. 

Hi everyone! I have a question. I just received my Certificate of Medium of Instruction from my uni in the Philippines. The certificate says "the medium of instruction in this University is English except courses in Filipino and other foreign languages"

I finished a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering so defo the medium of instruction was in English. Should I be worried about the "except courses in Filipino" line on the certificate? Can I attach my expired PTE result (Superior) aside from this certificate as proof of functional english?

4 hours ago, Sachin said:

Any applicant from Dec 2019 and still waiting for a decision? I had first contact on 2 July. 

Almost same is the case with me .. applied 17 September .. additional documents request 11 June 2020 .. updated University letters, PCC 17 July 2020 . CO Andrej .. no contact yet

Edited by Yaser
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1