887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

18 hours ago, Gracee said:

Hello everyone.

Update: I finally received the golden email today! Exactly 14 months after filing.

Direct Grant

Applied : 15 March 2018

Grant: 15 May 2019

CO: Manuel

Thank you to everyone in this forum for making me feel not alone. I really hope you all get your grants soon especially those who have been waiting for a long time.

congrats... i applied 15 march 2019

• Haha 1

Hello everyone,  back in my home country, our middle name is the surname of our Mother's maiden name. What's on my passport is my surname, given names and middle name. Same as PCC. However since I moved here I never used my middle name. I have renewed my AFP last March and didn't put my middle name. Should I apply again and put my middle name?

12 minutes ago, ham11 said:

Hello everyone,  back in my home country, our middle name is the surname of our Mother's maiden name. What's on my passport is my surname, given names and middle name. Same as PCC. However since I moved here I never used my middle name. I have renewed my AFP last March and didn't put my middle name. Should I apply again and put my middle name?

Is your middle name mentioned on your birth certificate? 🙂 If it is a "yes", here is your answer. 😉 CO will see your birth certificate in your submission documents.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Russki said:

Is your middle name mentioned on your birth certificate? 🙂 If it is a "yes", here is your answer. 😉 CO will see your birth certificate in your submission documents.

Hi @Russki, yup middle name is in my birth certificate. so should I apply again for Afp with middle name? I remembered I placed my second given name as my middle name😨

11 minutes ago, Jab said:

Hi all

Evidence for living in a regional area, is it ok with only rental agreement? Also with 1 year of work can it be casual and can it be divided into few months here and there over 3 years?

Thanks

About work,  yes,  it can be casual and does not have to be consecutive, can be made up of several periods of working with gaps. But it has to be 35 hours working per week, as a minimum.  🙂

• Like 1

Hi all
Evidence for living in a regional area, is it ok with only rental agreement? Also with 1 year of work can it be casual and can it be divided into few months here and there over 3 years?
Thanks

Your bank statement is living evidence as well, and your mobile bill, car registration etc.. and yes work experience can be casual, as long as you work over 35 hours per week, and you can divided over 3 years. But in total at least 12 months
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2018 at 6:53 PM, Kevin said:

Thanks Mehedi and Marlowe022. Now it seems to be clearly understood the point of my question. 

As I was an onshore 489 visa applicant from the tourist visa (600).

It took 7 months until I get a visa grant. In other words, I was holding a bridging visa A after applying for 489 visa for 7 months. 

Thus, If the 2 years residency requirement does not count from the day of holding a bridging visa, I would apply for 887 visa 7 months behind, which is a fairly big difference to me. 

Anyway, still can't find a clear answer for my question, so I will keep an eye on my friend's case, and then I will decide to go earlier or later depending on the outcome of his application. 

He is also onshore applicant and there is a two month gap between bridging visa and 489 visa grant date. 

Once I get the result of his visa application, will update at this forum.

Cheers guys. 

Hi, Kevin, any update for your friend's visa application. I have the exactly same situation as yours, if the bridging visa period can be counted, it will mean a lot to me.

Hi how are you guys 

Good day Guys.......👋.......Can you please advise my concerns (might sound a bit stupid but wish to clarify) I have applied on Aug 2018 and planning to travel interstate in Australia in a couple of months. Would the applications be on hold if applicants travelling other states at the time immi pick applications?

Also after Aug 2018, I uploaded some documents in this year but still in the immi account it's showing the last updated date as the date I applied for 887 last year Aug18. 

Can anyone pls shed me some light...Ruski.......🤗.......Looking forward. Thank you.

9 hours ago, Shanjay1 said:

Hi how are you guys Good day Guys.......👋.......Can you please advise my concerns (might sound a bit stupid but wish to clarify) I have applied on Aug 2018 and planning to travel interstate in Australia in a couple of months. Would the applications be on hold if applicants travelling other states at the time immi pick applications?

Also after Aug 2018, I uploaded some documents in this year but still in the immi account it's showing the last updated date as the date I applied for 887 last year Aug18. 

Can anyone pls shed me some light...Ruski.......🤗.......Looking forward. Thank you.

Travelling interstate shouldn't be a problem, as long as you do not move to metro areas for some time. 🙂 About your immi account, it is strange, I wonder if they have some problems with the system as some other members report that CO do not "see" uploaded documents in their immi account.

My suggestion is to call immigration and ask them to check what they can see at their end. That's what I did this week. I asked them to check if they can see my updated AFP. They put me on hold for a bit and checked. Because previously uploaded AFP they didn't see. So it is best to be proactive, if you are worried. 😉 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Russki said:

Travelling interstate shouldn't be a problem, as long as you do not move to metro areas for some time. 🙂 About your immi account, it is strange, I wonder if they have some problems with the system as some other members report that CO do not "see" uploaded documents in their immi account.

My suggestion is to call immigration and ask them to check what they can see at their end. That's what I did this week. I asked them to check if they can see my updated AFP. They put me on hold for a bit and checked. Because previously uploaded AFP they didn't see. So it is best to be proactive, if you are worried. 😉 

Good Morning Everyone

@Russki  I have called them many times asking the same question to check if they see my documents the answer i have got always is that they wont be able to view our documents , its only the CO's who can view them. Which is a bit annoying

Thanks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sajitha said:

Good Morning Everyone

@Russki  I have called them many times asking the same question to check if they see my documents the answer i have got always is that they wont be able to view our documents , its only the CO's who can view them. Which is a bit annoying

Thanks

Very annoying and inconsistent! 😞 I am sorry you had bad experience... Because they CAN check, and this is what one lady did for me, she might have called COs while putting me on hold, I don't know, but she did check, because I was insistent that previous customer service person actually told me to call back and check. This department is a pile of b*llsh*t! 😞 

• Like 3

Good day guys, I have couple of questions for those who have similar experience. I have applied 887 last week and planning to move interstate (regional suburb mentioned in the 489visa) however, I am going to stay where I am right now and only my wife and kids going to move. 

So I need to update addresses in the IMMI account so what is the best option? can I update my wife and kids address to the new and keep same old address under me? is this a possible option or a mad idea? 

As I have a job I will continue to be here until I get the PR and then join with the family.

If anyone has any idea pls share with me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roma said:

Good day guys, I have couple of questions for those who have similar experience. I have applied 887 last week and planning to move interstate (regional suburb mentioned in the 489visa) however, I am going to stay where I am right now and only my wife and kids going to move. 

So I need to update addresses in the IMMI account so what is the best option? can I update my wife and kids address to the new and keep same old address under me? is this a possible option or a mad idea? 

As I have a job I will continue to be here until I get the PR and then join with the family.

If anyone has any idea pls share with me.

My bit: if you are primary applicant and not moving then no need to update anything. Other members can also suggest.

• Like 2