887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Vinh said:

He took the test on Jan-18 and submitted on Mar-18. Unfortunately I worry CO would ask for dependents' english test randomly.

Hi Vinh

Shall you please advise your friend to enquire this issue with home affairs

As per home affairs website link below functional english for dependents should be as your friend son wrote IELTS in JAN 18 and applied in Mar 18 it must be valid as per the link below

image.thumb.png.41a9d3aa6a6bd1ffe8eb260ec99ce258.png

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Edited by wincivil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cel said:

Seems like my son's English test expired too if validity is for 1 year. He sat for it in mid Nov 2017 just before we applied for 887 on 30 Nov 2017. Just checking, if he completed his Year 12 in Nov 2017 (meaning no problem with his English),  will he need to redo his English test again. CO hasn't requested for it yet but I want to be prepared.

I think you wait until CO ask to do it. No need to hurry. We can complain hem via the link wincivil gave above.

Applied date was 30/11/2017, 2 requests in June and July 2018, 3rd request on 30/4/2019 for my son's PCC (who is currently in home country for 2 years National Service). Just submitted PCC to immi on Monday. Agent told me my son needs to be onshore for the grant to come through. My son will only be discharged from army next Feb. He does come back once in a while for 1 week. Next trip he will be back will be in Aug. My question is will his stay be too short for the grant to come through? Is there any way I can get them to grant without him being onshore? He needs to apply for uni some time in Sep 2019....a big dilemma for us. Anyone has suggestions?? Really appreciate......

On 5/14/2019 at 6:19 PM, Gracee said:

Mine will be exactly 14 months tomorrow. No contact whatsoever from the Department. My status is still "Received". I wonder why... Anyone else here who applied in March and has not been contacted at all?

Hello everyone.

Update: I finally received the golden email today! Exactly 14 months after filing.

Direct Grant

Applied : 15 March 2018

Grant: 15 May 2019

CO: Manuel

Thank you to everyone in this forum for making me feel not alone. I really hope you all get your grants soon especially those who have been waiting for a long time.

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, Cel said:

Applied date was 30/11/2017, 2 requests in June and July 2018, 3rd request on 30/4/2019 for my son's PCC (who is currently in home country for 2 years National Service). Just submitted PCC to immi on Monday. Agent told me my son needs to be onshore for the grant to come through. My son will only be discharged from army next Feb. He does come back once in a while for 1 week. Next trip he will be back will be in Aug. My question is will his stay be too short for the grant to come through? Is there any way I can get them to grant without him being onshore? He needs to apply for uni some time in Sep 2019....a big dilemma for us. Anyone has suggestions?? Really appreciate......

One thing I am sure that you will have to is to fill out the Form 1399 ,discharge of service form, when he came back to Australia. He also needs to get a discharge letter from Army and provide to Immigration.

• Like 1

Just now, Gracee said:

Hello everyone.

Update: I finally received the golden email today! Exactly 14 months after filing.

Direct Grant

Thank you to everyone in this forum for making me feel not alone. I really hope you all get your grants soon especially those who have been waiting for a long time.

Thanks for the good news! I was sure in the morning that there will be a lot of golden grants from Immigration today. so far 4 grants!

Enjoy with your new life...

• Like 3

I am not too sure about it, but what I understand is 887 is an onshore visa application, all of the applicant included into 887 needs to be on shore to get PR. If someone is staying offshore It's will delay the processing time. In your case your son need to be onshore then its up to immigration how quickly they can finialise your application. It may takes 4 weeks to 6 months. During this time your son need to stay in Australia until you get the PR. I hope you will understand the fact.

Experts tell me if I was wrong.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maxzone said:

I am not too sure about it, but what I understand is 887 is an onshore visa application, all of the applicant included into 887 needs to be on shore to get PR. If someone is staying offshore It's will delay the processing time. In your case your son need to be onshore then its up to immigration how quickly they can finialise your application. It may takes 4 weeks to 6 months. During this time your son need to stay in Australia until you get the PR. I hope you will understand the fact.

Experts tell me if I was wrong.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Thanks.....the process will take 4 weeks to 6 months.....oh no!

Hi guys,

I am on 489 and was planning to get married. My question is can I apply for my partner's subsequent entrant visa once I apply for my 877, as technically I would still be on my 489 visa for 2 years after applying for 887. Also if any one can guide to approximate wait period for 489 subsequent entrant visa. I am looking to apply for my partner's visa from offshore. Thanks for the help. Hope to see many more people with their golden emails this week.

5 hours ago, AJ4mDarwin said:

Hi guys,

I am on 489 and was planning to get married. My question is can I apply for my partner's subsequent entrant visa once I apply for my 877, as technically I would still be on my 489 visa for 2 years after applying for 887. Also if any one can guide to approximate wait period for 489 subsequent entrant visa. I am looking to apply for my partner's visa from offshore. Thanks for the help. Hope to see many more people with their golden emails this week.

hi, 

You need to get 489 for your partner before applying for 887. the processing time of 489 for subsequent is unsure, i would say it could be about few months. 

hope that helps 

Hi everyone 

Our file opened but asked for more documents.

AFP for secondary applicant  (provided in March 2019 Only!)

Evidence of English for secondary applicant

CO has asked for 4 months Payslips only

( I have already provided payslips for 2 years), PAYG, Notice of assessment, a letter from employer and Contract.   

More evidence of living in the regional/designated area 

Applied on 29 March 2018

File opened on 14 May 2019

CO Grant

• Like 5

Hi everyone 

( I have already provided payslips for 2 years), PAYG, Notice of assessment, a letter from employer and Contract.   

Applied on 29 March 2018

CO Grant

Seems like they have system problem, a lot of members upload their files but the CO didn’t see them .
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Batra801 said:

Hi everyone 

Applied on 29 March 2018

CO Grant

Hi Batra801

That strange that CO ask for just 4 month payslips and double check with your request that is they asking for certified or not, because they ask me certified copies.

Last bit is funny that CO Grant, first I read Direct Grant 😉 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gracee said:

Hello everyone.

Direct Grant

Congratulations @Gracee!!!! What a wonderful grantful day we had yesterday!!! Enjoy new life! 🤩🎉🎉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S_SHAH said:

That strange that CO ask for just 4 month payslips and double check with your request that is they asking for certified or not, because they ask me certified copies.

Last bit is funny that CO Grant, first I read Direct Grant 😉 

It is strange indeed. I got an email from CO on 14/05/19 asking for form 80 for the secondary applicant only to finalise my application. but immi account wasn't showing any sort of the movement at all. it was yesterday evening only when I got the request for more docs through immi account. I have already provided every document they have requested. Co has mentioned wrong address in request too.

@S_SHAH I wish if that was the case.

7 hours ago, AJ4mDarwin said:

Hi guys,

As @JoeIAm said, you have to get a 489 visa for your wife first, before applying for 887. This way, you will later apply for 887 as a couple. 🙂 

But if you apply for 887 first just for you and get your wife in as a subsequent entrant after, this means she will be applying later for 887 on her own after satisfying the conditions of regional stay/work. Which is not ideal. So best apply for her 489 before you apply for 887. Good luck! 🍀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, March9th2019 said:

Hi guys

i requested immigration the below questions in the picture in the freedom of information section. I got email today from them. 

3DFC071D-E4D6-419A-873C-09D88BBA3F4E.png

Thank you for sharing this with us!!! 🙂 To me, this statistics shows that they have been receiving 887 applications all year and hardly processing them. 😞 

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Russki said:

Congratulations @Gracee!!!! What a wonderful grantful day we had yesterday!!! Enjoy new life! 🤩🎉🎉

Thank you @Russki! I sincerely hope you get yours soon too. You deserve it. We all do.

Just want to share. I updated my AFP. I also submitted police clearance from my country even if I only stayed there 4 months. I did not certify any document. I submitted a statutory declaration thru the help of an agent, explaining my residence since I have stayed in shared houses. Hence, i have no rent receipts to show but I gave them my bank statements, phone bills, internet bills, private health insurance bills and payslips as proof of address. Hope this info helps someone in this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Batra801 said:

It is strange indeed. I got an email from CO on 14/05/19 asking for form 80 for the secondary applicant only to finalise my application. but immi account wasn't showing any sort of the movement at all. it was yesterday evening only when I got the request for more docs through immi account. I have already provided every document they have requested. Co has mentioned wrong address in request too.

@S_SHAH I wish if that was the case.

Yes, it does look like they have a system problem. They do not "see" the documents we upload on their end, even though we see them as "received" on our end. This is crazy! I have filled in a form for IT support on immi site to tell them about this problem. 🙂 See what happens. 

Ridiculous situation!!!! 😞 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Russki said:

Yes, it does look like they have a system problem. They do not "see" the documents we upload on their end, even though we see them as "received" on our end. This is crazy! I have filled in a form for IT support on immi site to tell them about this problem. 🙂 See what happens. 

Ridiculous situation!!!! 😞

I have provided following docs for address proof

Stat Declaration

rent ledger

Utility bill 

Driver licence 

Bank statement  with Address

Payg and Notice of assessment.

is there anything else which I should include this time?