887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

22 hours ago, a4anudeep said:

Hey guys
Got my 2 golden emails today ?
Applied:21st December 2017
Direct grant: 04JUL 2018.
CO: Dat
Thank you everyone in the forum. I can't thank enough, With all your information only I got a direct grant. Hoping more grants this week. Russki deftown I will be here around to see your grants. I will sure celebrate with you guys.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Congrats mate!

1 minute ago, Nee_778 said:

Just wondering if anyone of you have continued to have private health cover after getting Medicare upon applying for 887?

Yes. I am continuing it. Just go and talk to them. Let them know that you are getting medicare benefits then they will revise your plan with more benefits at lower premium. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

I have given up private cover but kept extras and added ambulance cover.

The other fact is LHC  - more info from below

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-phi-fact27.htm

Also insurance is something you pay for the risk. I am continuing my private insurance .

If you are continuing-  you have to switch your visitors cover to resident cover otherwise its pointless.

Basically the visitor cover ( thats what they call for covers offered for temporary visa s ;basically covers minimum benefits plus based on what you pay - but if you have medicare you can workout a cover that still covers hospital and add extras cover on top .) Yes - ambulance cover is a must.

LHC is something to consider - say when you are 50 you feel like getting a private insurance - then LHC comes to play.

also if you are continuing the private insurance make sure your cover is eligible for medicare rebate .

Also point to note extras cover is not eligible for medicare rebate or LHC. You have to have a hospital cover to be eligible for that.

This is my understanding about this whole medicare story ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, su89 said:

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-phi-fact27.htm

Also insurance is something you pay for the risk. I am continuing my private insurance .

If you are continuing-  you have to switch your visitors cover to resident cover otherwise its pointless.

Basically the visitor cover ( thats what they call for covers offered for temporary visa s ;basically covers minimum benefits plus based on what you pay - but if you have medicare you can workout a cover that still covers hospital and add extras cover on top .) Yes - ambulance cover is a must.

LHC is something to consider - say when you are 50 you feel like getting a private insurance - then LHC comes to play.

also if you are continuing the private insurance make sure your cover is eligible for medicare rebate .

Also point to note extras cover is not eligible for medicare rebate or LHC. You have to have a hospital cover to be eligible for that.

Thanks mate. That makes it so much clearer now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, su89 said:

You only pay Medicare levy surcharge only if your income is more than 180k per annum for family.I cancelled because I don't use the private medical anymore and income is less than 180k family.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RANJU said:

You only pay Medicare levy surcharge only if your income is more than 180k per annum for family.I cancelled because I don't use the private medical anymore and income is less than 180k family.

Medicare levy surcharge and rebate are two different scenarios - correct surcharge is based on income.

Rebate is if you decide to have a private insurance - you can claim the rebate based on the income . So if you decide to have a private insurance better to find out if it's medicare rebate claimable.

3 minutes ago, su89 said:

Medicare levy surcharge and rebate are two different scenarios - correct surcharge is based on income.

Rebate is if you decide to have a private insurance - you can claim the rebate based on the income . So if you decide to have a private insurance better to find out if it's medicare rebate claimable.

Depends on the usage and emergency.I felt it's not value of money.Ambulance is cover in Queensland. Only risk with extras !!!

6 minutes ago, Tpsk said:

They asked for payslips again. What should i do? I have already uploaded them at the time of application 

Do submitted payslips cover the whole period of employment without any gaps? ? Just double check. If you print them all to cover 1 year employment before visa lodgement, get them signed by JP, scan again and attach. This way it is all solid. ? Feel annoyed at your situation  - having to submit the same stuff always feels a bit stupid... ? 

• Like 1