887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

OK, update time …...

After 10 months almost to the day and lots of stress ….. I finally received my golden emails today at 10:55 am  WOOO HOOO !!!!

Timeline:

29.12.2017 - Applied for 887 Visa

10.07.2018 - Contact from C.O. - Nancy -- Requested updated AFP Police Check for me --  asked to resubmit evidence of 1 years full time employment in Regional Australia ….

18.10.2018 - Registered a complaint via Home Affairs Website re: moving the goalposts with Processing Times being extended and I was not accepting the 12 - 15 months time line for processing when it was 4-6 months when I first applied and in my mind that the visa processing timelines were being missed in my opinion.

19.10.2018 - Reply and acknowledgement of complaint from the Global Feedback Unit -- provided with information around Home Affairs Processing Times and how to check  and my visa application was being  processed within Australian Law and I had to wait  - I was advised that my complaint would be forwarded to the relevant processing area for information.

26.10.2018 - 887 Visa Grant Notification received for myself and family. - C.O. - Adam

Good Luck Everyone --- thankfully the wait for me is now over ……  I will keep tabs to see how everyone else gets on …. keep positive and moving forward 🙂

Edited by TartanTom
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, TartanTom said:

OK, update time …...

After 10 months almost to the day and lots of stress ….. I finally received my golden emails today at 10:55 am  WOOO HOOO !!!!

Timeline:

10.07.2018 - Contact from C.O. - Nancy -- Requested updated AFP Police Check for me --  asked to resubmit evidence of 1 years full time employment in Regional Australia ….

18.10.2018 - Registered a complaint via Home Affairs Website re: moving the goalposts with Processing Times being extended and I was not accepting the 12 - 15 months time line for processing when it was 4-6 months when I first applied and in my mind that the visa processing timelines were being missed in my opinion.

19.10.2018 - Reply and acknowledgement of complaint from the Global Feedback Unit -- provided with information around Home Affairs Processing Times and how to check  and my visa application was being  processed within Australian Law and I had to wait  - I was advised that my complaint would be forwarded to the relevant processing area for information.

26.10.2018 - 887 Visa Grant Notification received for myself and family. - C.O. - Adam

Good Luck Everyone --- thankfully the wait for me is now over ……  I will keep tabs to see how everyone else gets on …. keep positive and moving forward 🙂

Congratulations 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TartanTom said:

OK, update time …...

Timeline:

congratulations dear

40 minutes ago, TartanTom said:

OK, update time …...

Congratulations!!!! 🙂 🙂 Happy for you and your family! 🎉 The complaint path seems to be working 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TartanTom said:

OK, update time …...

Timeline:

Congrats mate 

Just now, Don Family said:

Can Feb applicants lodge a complaint too? For having no contact or progress for 8 months? emoji848.pngemoji2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. I think there is no point putting in a complaint until we are in timeframes or for any other particular reasons..

Let's hope it happens ASAP

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Don Family said:

Can Feb applicants lodge a complaint too? For having no contact or progress for 8 months? emoji848.pngemoji2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per my knowledge they take the decision of the application based on documents provided with no further documents will be asked