887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Don Family said:

I think we are safe guys. Just need to hold until next year.. Seems like a long wait but now that we have a slight idea of what’s going on better to distract ourselves until then.. emoji846.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know but immigration would still be working right??

And yeah there is election in victoria this Saturday..

• Like 2

I dont know but immigration would still be working right??
And yeah there is election in victoria this Saturday..

From what I heard they won’t process applications within this time period because there will be changes within the departments..[emoji1741]‍[emoji3603] I could be wrong tho.

From what I heard they won’t process applications within this time period because there will be changes within the departments..[emoji1741]‍[emoji3603] I could be wrong tho.

Immi have nothing to do with state elections. Only Federal elections do have an effect on them.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Guys, if a CO asks for “further proof” of 1 year employment, are we allowed to give them documents ( such as  payslips) that are created AFTER the date we submitted our application? 

You can only submit documents which covers least one year period which you have claimed in your application. 

• Like 1

There is lot of hue and cry about new rules: 5 year stay in regional for example, is that or any of the new rumoured/talked about rules applicable to us - 489 holders already applied for 887? Will the 887 granted to us (if that would ever happen 😉 ) give us few additional restrictions? Esp staying in regional area only? These fears are haunting me terribly. Can anyone please give more info.

• Confused 1

Good day to everyone, the company I work before wont give me employment certificate, I talk to my Manager and ask for certificate and he told me they are not giving work certificate, he told  me that if somebody want to ask they should call him instead.  is it okay if I would not include it on my work documents to be submitted? all I have now is  payslip for 1 year and 3 months, Employment contracts, Tax return, Group certificate, and Super.  Anyone here can give me an insight much appreciated, thnaks

• Like 1

Good day to everyone, the company I work before wont give me employment certificate, I talk to my Manager and ask for certificate and he told me they are not giving work certificate, he told  me that if somebody want to ask they should call him instead.  is it okay if I would not include it on my work documents to be submitted? all I have now is  payslip for 1 year and 3 months, Employment contracts, Tax return, Group certificate, and Super.  Anyone here can give me an insight much appreciated, thnaks

I think that should be fine. I didn’t submit a work certificate too.

Hi Everyone,
CO Kimberley contacted us today and asked for further proof for 2 year residency of my husband (whose the primary applicant).
Applied on: 7/02/2018.
Thanks.

Wow. At least they have started feb files after one month. What papers u guys submitted before for 2 yrs residency proof?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mehedi said:

Wow. At least they have started feb files after one month. What papers u guys submitted before for 2 yrs residency proof?

29 minutes ago, Sree said:

Hi Everyone,

CO Kimberley contacted us today and asked for further proof for 2 year residency of my husband (whose the primary applicant).

Applied on: 7/02/2018.

Thanks.

HI mate, what else did they asked? have you missed some of the requirements. 

13 hours ago, Tpsk said:

No mate they will not ask medical of your son again. This happened to me as well. My older son went for medical when we got 487/489. When my file opened my older son was 5 and they didn't ask for his medical 

So why my son when he was born at the hospital and that’s showing at the birth certificate ..they didn’t ask me for health examination when I applied for him 489 ? 

Any comments! 

1 minute ago, adam said:

So why my son when he was born at the hospital and that’s showing at the birth certificate ..they didn’t ask me for health examination when I applied for him 489 ? 

Any comments! 

Please do you mean your son was born in Australia here after you had 489 and the CO did not request medical for him? 

Have you gotten the 887 visa now.....Am asking cos am in same situation,had a baby after 489.

34 minutes ago, adam said:

Any comments! 

My younger son was born in Australia too. They didn't ask for his medical when they granted him 487 visa which is now 489. When my 887 file opened they asked for his medical. That's the way it is 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, April guy said:

Please do you mean your son was born in Australia here after you had 489 and the CO did not request medical for him? 

Have you gotten the 887 visa now.....Am asking cos am in same situation,had a baby after 489.

We came to Australia from overseas  on 489 ..then he was born here and he had the same visa I have which is 489 . 

I applied  for all the family for 887 and my file status still received 

15 minutes ago, Tpsk said:

My younger son was born in Australia too. They didn't ask for his medical when they granted him 487 visa which is now 489. When my 887 file opened they asked for his medical. That's the way it is 

But that’s strange .why they delay it till this stage ..it would be better if it was requested before he is granted the 489

now if the CO ask for the medical ..it will take ages to respond :( :(