887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, JoeIAm said:

so you reckon after this May, the processing time for 887 is even more slower and slower?

If someone watch the news closely thy will agree with me at present Dutton's Department has no KPI fixed ,means CO can take time to decide till he s satisfied its not time bond only quality...so we need to wait.

5 hours ago, Seacity112 said:

Hi, from the news and from my agent. Though we are not sure after this May if Labour or Liberal  will get in.  Scott Morison executes and continues Petter Dutton's immigration policy , they don't want more intakes, but can accept in regional areas, but without a clear and practical provision outcome yet. 

187, 887 both are on the edge of innovations. Low volumn means that they are ready to update a new one, like 457 to be replaced by 482, 482 processing time is light's speed, but 457 now snails.

Above is nothing but just my collection from my agent, so true or not  could not be secured, and not for any debating purpose. 

187 is not the same as 887 each has is own criteria 489 is linked to 887 and 457 linked to 186 so there is no where that they can get rid of 887 visa as they r isuing more 489s

• Like 1

I am currently on 489 visa. However the jobs I have are casual jobs but have been consistently getting up to 40 hours weekly from the two jobs. Can I use these two jobs to claim evidence of 1 year work not withstanding that employment mode written on my contract letter is casual?

I am concerned because it is not written full time or part time on my letters

Edited by Queening
Add more information

40 minutes ago, Queening said:

I am currently on 489 visa. However the jobs I have are casual jobs but have been consistently getting up to 40 hours weekly from the two jobs. Can I use these two jobs to claim evidence of 1 year work not withstanding that employment mode written on my contract letter is casual?

Hi Queening

It doesn't matter. As long as you had weekly over 35 hours in total and receiving the current amount of wage, you should be fine.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:23 PM, 10th feb said:

Hi @Aisha .. so you are saying they have not contacted you even once?? Thats odd..

Hi ,

i submitted complaint on global feedback unit . Very prompt reply and just a day after their reply. My file opened and CO ask for more documents. 

I already submitted all the related documents at the time when I lodged my document and now my document limit has reached to 60. How can I submit more documents. 

Kindly anyone can help. 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Aisha said:

Hi ,

i submitted complaint on global feedback unit . Very prompt reply and just a day after their reply. My file opened and CO ask for more documents. 

I already submitted all the related documents at the time when I lodged my document and now my document limit has reached to 60. How can I submit more documents. 

Kindly anyone can help. 

Thanks

What's your timeline?

Hello All, 

It will be my turn to apply 887 next week and would like to ask for advise from all the experts here 🙂

Sorry if these questions has been answered before  but do I need to certify all my payslips (1 year working experience) and also utilities bills before I upload to IMMI?

My payslips and utilities bills are online so I would guess I need to print it out and get it certified if so.

Thank you all.

40 minutes ago, Fri22 said:

Hello All, 

It will be my turn to apply 887 next week and would like to ask for advise from all the experts here 🙂

Sorry if these questions has been answered before  but do I need to certify all my payslips (1 year working experience) and also utilities bills before I upload to IMMI?

My payslips and utilities bills are online so I would guess I need to print it out and get it certified if so.

Thank you all.

Hi Friends,

I have applied for 887 on 18.02.2019 from Tasmania and uploaded all Docs on 21.02.2019. Also applied for Medicare on 22.02.2019. Can any body update the details in the Spreadsheet please. Originally from India. I will continue to share my journey. 

Our 489 is valid till Nov 2020 but as you know we have Got Bridging Visa A.  Joel, At above the page it has been mentioned that for travel to home country we have to apply for Bridging Visa B.  I am not getting it, could you please explain it again. "you can travel oversea w/o informing them or getting BVB B as long as your 489 is still effect." 

Thanks Team. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, H-kaur82 said:

I already pass 13 months,no reply,i lodge a 4 times complaint and calling them 5 times but still the answer is all we can say u havd to wait,apply 24 January 18 and they requested my afp on 30 august which i provide 10 September,wait is killing me

Atleast you got contacted there are people including who have been waiting to get their case open... and it’s been 12 months for me 😔😔😔😔😔

14 hours ago, Queening said:

Yes,  you can! 😎 No problem,  just collect enough employment evidence and you are good. 

1 hour ago, serry said:

Hi Friends,

I have applied for 887 on 18.02.2019 from Tasmania and uploaded all Docs on 21.02.2019. Also applied for Medicare on 22.02.2019. Can any body update the details in the Spreadsheet please. Originally from India. I will continue to share my journey. 

Our 489 is valid till Nov 2020 but as you know we have Got Bridging Visa A.  Joel, At above the page it has been mentioned that for travel to home country we have to apply for Bridging Visa B.  I am not getting it, could you please explain it again. "you can travel oversea w/o informing them or getting BVB B as long as your 489 is still effect." 

Thanks Team. 

You can travel overseas freely as long as your 489 is valid for duration of your journey and on the day of return to Australia. 🙂

As soon as 489 expires,  your bridging visa A comes into effect automatically. It allows you stay in Australia lawfully,  but does not allow travel. To travel apply for bridging visa B. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, serry said:

Hi Friends,

Thanks Team. 

Hi Serry, 

May I ask did you have your payslips and utilities bill certified before you upload your documents?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Russki said:

You can travel overseas freely as long as your 489 is valid for duration of your journey and on the day of return to Australia. 🙂

As soon as 489 expires,  your bridging visa A comes into effect automatically. It allows you stay in Australia lawfully,  but does not allow travel. To travel apply for bridging visa B. 🙂

This is useful information, Thank you! I didn't know there is Bridging Visa A and B. My 489 due in April 2020. Time files.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, sw1 said:

I'm hitting 12 months waiting time by end of today. Still no news/grants. 

On 2/22/2019 at 11:14 AM, H-kaur82 said:

I already pass 13 months,no reply,i lodge a 4 times complaint and calling them 5 times but still the answer is all we can say u havd to wait,apply 24 January 18 and they requested my afp on 30 august which i provide 10 September,wait is killing me

I have been waiting for 14.5 months now.. so  frustrated 

On 2/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, Russki said:

OK, I see. 🙂 I meant more like applying for a new 489 while onshore... My friends did that recently and they got it in just a couple months. I guess, it is because they are already here, working.  

I am honestly a bit scared to advise anything here with little knowledge, I still think, talking to an agent is the best bet for @Nsingh. 🙂  😉 

Thank you @Russki

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fri22 said:

This is useful information, Thank you! I didn't know there is Bridging Visa A and B. My 489 due in April 2020. Time files.

You can travel overseas and back without worry until April 2020.

Bridging visa A is given to you automatically on submitting 887 application and will activate in April 2020, when your substantive visa (489) expires.

Bridging visa B is not not given automatically,  you have to actually apply for it to immigration,  in case you want to travel overseas after April 2020. 😊😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RachelK said:

I have just been completing the 887 application on line and it asks for our existing visa reference number (looking for 10 digits).  I have tried every number mentioned on our visa grant letter and it won't accept any of them.  Does anyone know what number they want?

Thanks.

If you are looking for visa number,  I believe it is not applicable these days,  so you are allowed to live it blank on your online visa application,  that's what most of us did.  😊😄😄

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, CChapman said:

Hi All, been a silent follower for almost a year now. Had some problems creating an account but finally have access so here are my stats for your records! 

We are from the UK. 

- Applied for 887 13/4/2018 (waiting time was 8-10 months) 

- Purchased block of land 25/5/2018 and paid 7% foreign stamp duty surcharge as per new law (you need to get your PR grant within a year to get this amount refunded) 

- Visa timeline jumps to 12-15 months. We email SA revenue and local MP with fears of missing our 7% refund due to the immigration delay. We are told there is nothing that can be done to help our situation. 

- Welcomed our daughter into the world 9/12/2018

- Added Form 1022 and birth cert to immi account & applied for her UK passport

- Emailed home affairs last week to ask for daughter to be added to our application and get the medical invitation. Still waiting for this to happen. 

Good luck to everyone waiting! The pain is real haha! 

This is really frustrating situation .

Hope you can get PR before 25th May this year. 

• Thanks 1

I applied my 887 visa on 21/10/17  27/03/18 co request spouse Ielts submitted on 20/04/18    After that no response  yesterday I have login my immi account  for upload new overseas pcc I see there is zero attachment showing on my wife  Account. we already attached all documents which they requested when we applied 887 visa.Anyone know why it's showing   Thanks