887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Stellajane said:

Hey @Megrand1,

Thank you for taking the effort to write this letter.  I fully support the pathway that this group is taking in addressing this issue to a member of the parliament. The wait is indeed endless and horrific.

You requested some suggestions, so I'm taking the opportunity to address some concerns of mine. Please do not take this personally, you're doing a great job already and your time and effort is truly appreciated. 

In order to hopefully make this as successful as possible, please consider the following:

Body of letter – use the EPIC format – Engage reader, state the Problem, Inform about solutions, and give a Call to action.

In my opinion, your first paragraph states immediately the facts and the numbers rather than engaging the reader to learn to understand where the problem is coming from. 

I believe a better format would be is engaging the reader with triggering him with a few of the struggles we face on a daily basis due to the processing times. That will want him to understand and learn more about it. So maybe you can re arrange some paragraphs.

I also remember a post of @TTTF in which he/she states a few questions to the DHA that might help in stating the problem and informing about solutions. That post is already from a while ago, maybe TTTF can repost to see if it might be helpful?

I think it is important to suggest solutions, state questions and make the reader think about to problem. 

We need to try to make the letter as such that the minister kinda just has to forward it to DHA and ask them. " What is going on here? We have received a complaint that we need to address. Read this, answer the questions  and tell me why we have such processing times and what are you going to do about it?.

I hope you understand,

Stellajane

Thank @Stellajane and @Megrand1 for your work on this. 

I read the letter in detail and agree with @Stellajane it definitely requires reformatting. There are specific formats when you write a letter to any minister and it needs to be used. The letter should address details such has, to whom the letter is addressed to, subject, Purpose, what is the discussion point, what is the response requested on etc.

Couple of basics to be mindful of when communicating with government authorities, 

1. Minister cannot be addressed as "Dear" in official letters.Example - Hon David Coleman MP, Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs. 

2. The language cannot be aggressive and rude when it is addressed to a minister. "Moreover, as skilled immigrants, we observe that other skilled visa sub classes such as Subclass 189, 190 and 491 do not have such ridiculous processing times" 

Please refer to the letter attached for content and format.  You can edit to reflect current information as and where required. 

The most important thing from this action is ,

1. To demonstrate how hard things (practical difficulties)  become due to the processing delays

2. What we except from DHA as actions to address the issue. By this we are asking an response to the issues raised which is critical. 

Remember not all letters end up at minister's table. The letter should strong but polite communicating the message required.   

Hope you get the perspective what I am trying put across. You have done a great job here. Hope this helps the cause. 

Also on a practical side of things - when this is issue is seen at a government level as compared to other ongoing issues ( bush fires/floods/virus etc) it will be classified as a low priority hence resulting in such delays. 

Thanks

LETTER TO THE ADDRESS PROCESSING DELAYS FOR 887 VISA.docx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank [mention=4046]Stellajane[/mention] and [mention=3902]Megrand1[/mention] for your work on this. 
I read the letter in detail and agree with [mention=4046]Stellajane[/mention] it definitely requires reformatting. There are specific formats when you write a letter to any minister and it needs to be used. The letter should address details such has, to whom the letter is addressed to, subject, Purpose, what is the discussion point, what is the response requested on etc.
Couple of basics to be mindful of when communicating with government authorities, 
1. Minister cannot be addressed as "Dear" in official letters.Example - Hon David Coleman MP, Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs. 
2. The language cannot be aggressive and rude when it is addressed to a minister. "Moreover, as skilled immigrants, we observe that other skilled visa sub classes such as Subclass 189, 190 and 491 do not have such ridiculous processing times" 
Please refer to the letter attached for content and format.  You can edit to reflect current information as and where required. 
The most important thing from this action is ,
1. To demonstrate how hard things (practical difficulties)  become due to the processing delays
2. What we except from DHA as actions to address the issue. By this we are asking an response to the issues raised which is critical. 
Remember not all letters end up at minister's table. The letter should strong but polite communicating the message required.   
Hope you get the perspective what I am trying put across. You have done a great job here. Hope this helps the cause. 
Also on a practical side of things - when this is issue is seen at a government level as compared to other ongoing issues ( bush fires/floods/virus etc) it will be classified as a low priority hence resulting in such delays. 
Thanks

LETTER TO THE ADDRESS PROCESSING DELAYS FOR 887 VISA.docx

You are a genius
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maninder said:

I am thinking of spending more money and applying 190 I checked how much points I make 110 points you recon I’ll get invitations quick 

yea you will get the 190 invite and the grants and perhaps still faster than 887, 

190 state nomination is 2 months and the visa processing time is another 2 months, so you get your PR in 4 months 

• Thanks 1

Discrimination happens when a person, or a group of people, is treated less favourably than another person or group because of their background or certain personal characteristics. This is known as ‘direct discrimination’.

It is also discrimination when an unreasonable rule or policy applies to everyone but has the effect of disadvantaging some people because of a personal characteristic they share. This is known as ‘indirect discrimination’.

Do you guys think we can complaint to human right, based on the definition above from the Human right website 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Discrimination happens when a person, or a group of people, is treated less favourably than another person or group because of their background or certain personal characteristics. This is known as ‘direct discrimination’.

It is also discrimination when an unreasonable rule or policy applies to everyone but has the effect of disadvantaging some people because of a personal characteristic they share. This is known as ‘indirect discrimination’.

Do you guys think we can complaint to human right, based on the definition above from the Human right website 

Yes i think it will work

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

this is the timeframe when I applied for 887..

imageproxy.jpg

Same here mate it’s totally unsatisfactory 

if you complain inni and is oh sorry you are in allotted timeframe well that was the time frame when I applied so I thing I am well above the time frame if you change it not my problem 

Edited by Maninder