887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Costa13
Hey Costa,

1. No specified resolution. The documents have to be in pdf, jpeg or other accepted formats, must be in colour and must be less than 5Mb.
  2. Pretty sure they're both the same thing. Note that you'll also need a police clearance certificate from your home country and any other country where you or your husband have spent more than one year (if applicable) in the past 10 years.
  3. I think so.
  4. You can create an immi account right now. You can start your application (it's a long form, you can start filling it now) but you won't be able to start uploading your documents until you've submitted and paid for the application.
  5. They're all on the Department of Immigration's website.

Thanks so much visa887omg. Helped clear my doubts!

Hi all

Im going to apply 887 end of this month. I'm in middle of the application and I need to solutions for following questions.

Pls help me to find these.

1. Do I need to certify birth,marriage certificate ect before they scan ?

2. Do I need to certify my online salary slips and bank statements ect ?

3. In which stage do I need to fill form 80 and 1221?

4. Can I fill Form 80 and form 1221 online or do I have to fill paper form and upload them ?

5. JP needs certify them from blue pen?

Thank you

Hi, I received an email from my CO today. I applied on 22/04/2014. CO is asking for my updated passport detail as my passport is going to expire on 12/01/2015. I am from Bangladesh. Couldn't contact Bangladesh High commission today as office hour was over. Will contact high commission tomorrow. Anyone from Bangladesh here in this forum?

Hi shahedce,

I am from Bangladesh. I have applied on 06/05/2014. My passport will expire on 02/01/2015. DIAC requires at least 6 month of expiry before granting a visa. If your passport is MRP then contact BD high commission immediately for renewal. If it is handwritten then you have to obtain MRP and that is about 1-1.5 month process. In this case you have to go to Canberra to provide bio-metrics. I am planning to go to Canberra on first week of October.

Hope you will get your visa soon.

Hi shahedce,

I am from Bangladesh. I have applied on 06/05/2014. My passport will expire on 02/01/2015. DIAC requires at least 6 month of expiry before granting a visa. If your passport is MRP then contact BD high commission immediately for renewal. If it is handwritten then you have to obtain MRP and that is about 1-1.5 month process. In this case you have to go to Canberra to provide bio-metrics. I am planning to go to Canberra on first week of October.

Hi Saroar

have they opened your file yet ? i have applied on 22/5/14 and just curious if they have start processing files applied in may ?

thanks

Sachin

Hi all

Im going to apply 887 end of this month. I'm in middle of the application and I need to solutions for following questions.

Pls help me to find these.

1. Do I need to certify birth,marriage certificate ect before they scan ?

2. Do I need to certify my online salary slips and bank statements ect ?

3. In which stage do I need to fill form 80 and 1221?

4. Can I fill Form 80 and form 1221 online or do I have to fill paper form and upload them ?

5. JP needs certify them from blue pen?

Thank you

Hi pata,

1, 5. The bottom line is if the original document has colors in it you need not to certify it. If the document is translated into English you need to certify the copy of the translated document. If certification required then scan after certified. There is no need to use blue pen by JPs. They have their own authentic seals.

2. Online salary slips require to be certified.

3, 4. After you lodged your application you will get option to upload various documents. You should upload your form 80 and 1221 at that time.

Guest SMANKDR

Hi All,

Today morning I got golden email : Finally PR granted

Applied : 07/4/2014

CO : Allocated on 03/9/201 , Document requested form 80 ,1221 for me and my wife

Documents submitted : 04/9/2014

PR granted : 09/09/2014

***I hope everyone will get visa very soon. and I also suggest you guys to have forms 80,1221 ready and upload it at the time of application , this will save your time later stage.

***Thanks to all. I will pray for you guys.

Hi All,

CO : Allocated on 03/9/201 , Document requested form 80 ,1221 for me and my wife

***I hope everyone will get visa very soon. and I also suggest you guys to have forms 80,1221 ready and upload it at the time of application , this will save your time later stage.

congrats mate!!!

Hi All,

Congratulation:biggrin:. Sorry to see you leaving the forum :wink:.

HI SMANKDR,

Congratulation Mate!!! A very good day start with a very good news from you.

All the best. Anyway will you please share your nationality if you don't mind.

Hi All,

Hi shahedce,

Thanks saroar for your reply. I am going to Canberra on 16th September that means next Tuesday. They said it might take upto a month to get the new passport. I am doing it urgent. CO asked me to respond within 28 days. Is that ok if I send a copy of my passport application receipt to the CO? because there is no chance I can give him the updated passport details within 28 days. Also do you think this will further delay my PR application?

You don’t have any other options in your hand, is not it? So don’t worry about that. Just try to get your new passport as soon as possible.

About the processing time, definitely it will further delay your processing.

About the time line of 28 days, if not possible within 28 days don’t give the receipt to your CO cause that does not help them. Just send them an email saying the progress and exact date when it will be available to you. So that they can get an exact idea when they can again look back to your case.

Thanks saroar for your reply. I am going to Canberra on 16th September that means next Tuesday. They said it might take upto a month to get the new passport. I am doing it urgent. CO asked me to respond within 28 days. Is that ok if I send a copy of my passport application receipt to the CO? because there is no chance I can give him the updated passport details within 28 days. Also do you think this will further delay my PR application?

You don’t have any other options in your hand, is not it? So don’t worry about that. Just try to get your new passport as soon as possible.

About the processing time, definitely it will further delay your processing.

About the time line of 28 days, if not possible within 28 days don’t give the receipt to your CO cause that does not help them. Just send them an email saying the progress and exact date when it will be available to you. So that they can get an exact idea when they can again look back to your case.

Thanks for your comment Asad. Yes I don't have any other option. Trying to get the new passport ASAP.

Yes, just inform them that you have applied for new passport and provide them the receipt including the time frame.

Hi All,

I would like to share a good news of My Friend, he is not in that blog. He applied on 27-May-2014. Just now he got his grant email. He did not hear anything from CO, direct grant email.

He is from India and in his application his wife and one children also included.

Things are moving fast, is not it?

Hope we will also get our grant letter soon, as I have applied 2 weeks after him.

Hi All,

I would like to share a good news of My Friend, he is not in that blog. He applied on 27-May-2014. Just now he got his grant email. He did not hear anything from CO, direct grant email.

He is from India and in his application his wife and one children also included.

Things are moving fast, is not it?

Hope we will also get our grant letter soon, as I have applied 2 weeks after him.

It was a great news. I also applied on the same day (27-May-2014) that your friend applied. I hope our golden email not take too long to come.

Cheers

KG

Hey Guys

I need your help. i wasn't able to apply 887 online because it was showing error so i was advised by technical dept of immigration to send the documents by post or by email . They did received my documents on 22/5/14 and after that i received an email for confirmation and bridging visa as well but after that i have log in to immi account but its shows nothing so i am not too sure what to do ? How do i check process of my file? Does it effect processing time if we send paper file ? all my friends applied in may 2014 has been granted 887 already . I have tried to ring immigration to find out whats going on but as all of you know they are very busy and its very hard to get in touch with them. so please help me out with your experience or if you can suggest me anything??

Hey Guys

I need your help. i wasn't able to apply 887 online because it was showing error so i was advised by technical dept of immigration to send the documents by post or by email . They did received my documents on 22/5/14 and after that i received an email for confirmation and bridging visa as well but after that i have log in to immi account but its shows nothing so i am not too sure what to do ? How do i check process of my file? Does it effect processing time if we send paper file ? all my friends applied in may 2014 has been granted 887 already . I have tried to ring immigration to find out whats going on but as all of you know they are very busy and its very hard to get in touch with them. so please help me out with your experience or if you can suggest me anything??

You can try using 'Import Application' functionality in you ImmiAccount after logged in to import your 887 application. To do that you need TRN or Application ID. Do you have those numbers? Those should be in your confirmation email.

You can try using 'Import Application' functionality in you ImmiAccount after logged in to import your 887 application. To do that you need TRN or Application ID. Do you have those numbers? Those should be in your confirmation email.

Hey Saroar

I have tried doing that but its doesn't allow me to import 887 file :(

Hey Guys

Hi sachin..

I have the same issues. .as per my experience immi account is of no use for people who apply paper application.

Once case officer is assigned to you, they will contact you. You don't have to worry.

Paper application cant be imported into immi account.

Hi sachin..

I have the same issues. .as per my experience immi account is of no use for people who apply paper application.

Once case officer is assigned to you, they will contact you. You don't have to worry.

Paper application cant be imported into immi account.

thanks for replying Mr.Khan . when did u applied for 887? Do you know if it effects our processing time ?