887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

I have got a bridging visa WA010, I had work right in a regional area, Is any one can tell me if I can work in a metropolitan area now ?

Yes mate! You can go anywhere in Australia once your original visa expires , and you are on bridging visa.confirmed by CO.

Hai,

Happy to inform u all, we got our grant letter today!

applied on May 17,2014

co allocated on 16 sep and asked for form1221, submitted on the same day!

Received grant letter today afternoon,,,

Thanks to everyone and best of luck for those who are waiting.

Congrats and wishing you all the best for future:)

Hi all, I was contacted by team 13 and asked to give a details of what i was doing in between my Higher Secondary and university studies. There was a gap of 6 months before I started uni after Higher secondary. Before that I was also contacted by my CO who asked me to give updated passport details as my passport was expiring in 5 months. I went to the embassy to apply for new passport and sent all details to CO. My question is that, when team 13 gets involved does it mean that there is going to be an endless wait for me? :( :( feeling tensed.

Hi all, I was contacted by team 13 and asked to give a details of what i was doing in between my Higher Secondary and university studies. There was a gap of 6 months before I started uni after Higher secondary. Before that I was also contacted by my CO who asked me to give updated passport details as my passport was expiring in 5 months. I went to the embassy to apply for new passport and sent all details to CO. My question is that, when team 13 gets involved does it mean that there is going to be an endless wait for me? :( :( feeling tensed.

I am not an expert but mostly the endless wait depends on which country you are from and when you applied as for some people external checks take longer than usual, i am from Pak and applied in first week of march 2013 , last time contacted by team 13 in feb 2014 same questions like u :(

I am not an expert but mostly the endless wait depends on which country you are from and when you applied as for some people external checks take longer than usual, i am from Pak and applied in first week of march 2013 , last time contacted by team 13 in feb 2014 same questions like u :(

Hi eid2014, I am from Bangladesh and I applied on 22/04/2014.

Honestly speaking i wish and pray it will be quicker for u and for all who are waiting , and in your case i can see a positive sighn as your case has been taken up by team 13, but if you go through previous data in this blog most people saying team 13 usually gathering info and passing on to case officers and people can expect decisions in 3 to 4 months once they got all your info lined up:) so good luck hope it goes quicker for u.

Honestly speaking i wish and pray it will be quicker for u and for all who are waiting , and in your case i can see a positive sighn as your case has been taken up by team 13, but if you go through previous data in this blog most people saying team 13 usually gathering info and passing on to case officers and people can expect decisions in 3 to 4 months once they got all your info lined up:) so good luck hope it goes quicker for u.

Thanks eid2014

Hi eid2014,

As per your provided info, you were contacted by team 13 in Feb that means about 7 months ago. So your thinking about decision about 3 to 4 months is not true I think.

Actually we have nothing to do now. It is not about qualification or any documents. The process is very straight "You have to work 1 year full time and stay in regional area from 2 years". And everybody apply for 887 after completing those condition. All other people still getting visa in 3.5 to 5 months.

I think you already understand what I am saying. There is No rule and that is the rule.

True is there is no time line at all.

Hi eid2014,

As per your provided info, you were contacted by team 13 in Feb that means about 7 months ago. So your thinking about decision about 3 to 4 months is not true I think.

Actually we have nothing to do now. It is not about qualification or any documents. The process is very straight "You have to work 1 year full time and stay in regional area from 2 years". And everybody apply for 887 after completing those condition. All other people still getting visa in 3.5 to 5 months.

I think you already understand what I am saying. There is No rule and that is the rule.

True is there is no time line at all.

I agree with the last line asad truth is there is no timeline at all but bitter truth is people some are waiting from 2013 and some getting it in 3 months , but if u see time line for Pak, Bangla its usually longer as compared to others .

Hi Guys,

I would happy to inform you all, No need to refresh my email box any more. Golden email reached just now. .......:jiggy:

Date of Visa Application : 26 May 2014

Visa Grant Date : 23 September 2014

No CO allocated none of forms 80, 1221 asked. !

I'm from Srilanka and 475 to 887

Thanks for everyone and best of luck for those who are waiting.

Cheers,

KevinG

Edited by Keving

Hi

i just wanna share my updates:

applied on 30-May-2014

CO has been allocated today(23-September-2014) form team 10 Adelaide.

she asked me about my resume( I am the secondary applicant)

but the funny thing is 3 month ago someone from Team 13 also asked about my CV and I sent to them.

now what?any idea?

is she gonna send my case to security check?

cheers,

Guest nikunj_hifi@yahoo.com
Hi

applied on 30-May-2014

but the funny thing is 3 month ago someone from Team 13 also asked about my CV and I sent to them.

now what?any idea?

cheers,

Thank you for sharing this information.

Is there anyone on this blog who applied in April-May and haven't got residency yet? 2nd anyone from June got CO allocated?

Please communicate and share information guys??

Guest Victoria666
Hi Guys,

I would happy to inform you all, No need to refresh my email box any more. Golden email reached just now. .......:jiggy:

Date of Visa Application : 26 May 2014

Visa Grant Date : 23 September 2014

No CO allocated none of forms 80, 1221 asked. !

I'm from Srilanka and 475 to 887

Thanks for everyone and best of luck for those who are waiting.

Cheers,

KevinG

Congrats Kevin so happy for u !

Hello All,

Can somebody please help me, I am trying to apply for 887 visa online through Immi account but unable to proceed from step 3 onwards it is giving me error message "You do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service"..... what does it mean?? We came on 475 visa and then we renewed our visa under 489 extended pathway as we had shortage of 3months. Our current 489 visa is valid till Jun 2015 and now we are eligible to apply for 887 PR visa (in 2weeks time completing 24months in Adelaide). How I can proceed further? Please help? Is there any contact nbr to call online support desk?

From Iran. I applied 12 Nov 2013. Today got an email saying my case has been transferred to team 10 Adelaide and I have to contact theme for any inquiry.

Any idea guys? What's happening? For how long we have to wait?

People getting their PR in 3-4 months and we are waiting for ages.

Hi Locomotive

has CO been allocated or not?

have they asked for some extra documents?

I am from Iran, I applied 30-May -2014 and today I received an email from case officer.

Hi che1360,

Good sign!! Keep us updated if you get further contact from your CO or your golden email.

Hope you are not too far.

Anyway are you alone in your application or you have secondary applicant and kids included?

Hi

applied on 30-May-2014

now what?any idea?

cheers,

Edited by Asad

Hi che1360,

Good sign!! Keep us updated if you get further contact from your CO or your golden email.

Hope you are not too far.

Anyway are you alone in your application or you have secondary applicant and kids included?

Thanks Asad,

in my application there are 2 of us, me and my wife , and I am the secondary applicant.

my wife is the main applicant.

Cheers,

che1360

Hi She1360,

Haven't got any CO allocation notification but got an email from her about correcting some info in application. Then someone else contacted for more info and documents. and today processing team change.

I am confused. I emailed team 10 Adelaide to get new direct contact number to call them and ask what's happening.

I have some other friends waiting more than me. All from Iran.

From Iran. I applied 12 Nov 2013. Today got an email saying my case has been transferred to team 10 Adelaide and I have to contact theme for any inquiry.

Any idea guys? What's happening? For how long we have to wait?

People getting their PR in 3-4 months and we are waiting for ages.

I also recieved same email from DIBP my case is also trasnfered to team 10 of adelaide I aqm from Pakistan applied on 20th jan 2014.

I think it will be further delay in processing as I am not seeing any positive from any where for 887 visa application for people from iran pakistan n bangladesh

hi just want to share with you all, a friend of mine apllied in first week of july and got Pr in july in about 4 weeks. though she was on a relative sponsored visa 487 living in melbourne. does anybody has any idea how her application got processed so quick or relative sponsored get any priority? As i applied on 29 june but have not had any reply.

And another question does it take any longer because i applied through paper application through the email address provided by immi because of different subclass of my spouse.

Hi Raman,

Did you apply for 887 through paper application? I am unable to apply online due my visa changed from 475 to 489 and now online system gives me error "You do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service. .....how did you apply through paper application? could you please advise?