887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest lookman
Hello Friends,

I am glad to inform you all, with God's grace yesterday I have received golden email with grant letter from team 10. :jiggy:

From 475 to 887

Applied on : 21-Jun-2014

Granted on : 30-Sep-2014

Origin Country : India

Documents Provided:

1. My and my wife's Passport Details.
  2. Residential Proof (Mobile, Internet, Utility bill and Letter from main tenant)
  3. Employment Proof (Payslip, Group Certificate and Reference Letter from my manager)
  4. AFP
  5. Overseas Police Certificate
  6. Marriage Certificate
  7. SA Drivers Licence
  8. Photograph

No further documents or question has been asked, God's grace directly received grant letter.

Thank you very much to all of you who helped me directly or indirectly.

I wish you all the best for all best who are waiting and congratulations who got it !!!

Thank you.

Prashant

Which state were you in from where you applied?

Guest lookman
Hi Asad

I m main applicant on my file. Also we were three person on my application me. My wife and my son. And my cousin have same three person on his application too. But my cousin's wife pregnant so might be that reason immi not granting his PR..

Hi Cool,

Thank you for all the details.

Can you please tell us, from which state you applied, which team granted you the visa and what documents you uploaded.

Thanking you in advance.

Guest prashantvadher
Hi prashant

congrats mate...

Did you apply online or through paper application?

I applied online, online is best option, quick, less paperwork and there is no change of papers gone missing...

If you are applying, Best of Luck !!!

I applied online, online is best option, quick, less paperwork and there is no change of papers gone missing...

If you are applying, Best of Luck !!!

Thanks mate i have already applied through gsm.validity email address as i had different visa subclass from my spouse.

I am not an immi expert, but i can try to make an idea

If you have nearest DIBP office then you can personally go there and fill a form and you will get your BVB on the spot. ( As you are 887 applicant, and the process takes 3-4 months so i dont think you will get BVB).

you don't have to worry about grant letter because they will change your status online and then you can take print outs from there for your reference.

Thank you very much Singh487to887 for your advice. Yes you are are right 887 processing time 3-4 months but not for all. Its now 10 months waiting period running................and as far as the situations there is no certainty about when the Visa will be grant.............................. Its a uncertain life also..............

Today got contacted by team 10 CO. Asked for 2 years regional residence proof and 1 year full time work proof. I applied on 2nd July 2014. In my application I have my wife and son.

Fingers crossed and waiting for CO's reply with golden mail.

Hi dreamer,

I have been is similar situation like you , i applied two days before my departure and they grant me the visa next day , depends on the reason as well , i took the tickets with me as a proof and got BVB next day, they send you email confirmation and grant letter of the decision, also i strongly suggest visit your near by immi office and lodge in person , all you need is some proof like ticket etc, fees for visa , passport details and passport and ofcourse form , and most important you need to notify them once you return :) hope this helps

Hi eid2014, thanks a lot for your experience sharing. Most appreciated. yes thats exactly what I wish to know. Now will you please give some answer of parallel questions:

> As ticket required for evidence then, for example if I purchase ticket from 1st december 2014 (fly) and to return on 15th Jan 2015 then is it ok to mention in the form that intended time of return 30 Jan 2015. I am asking this because you know within the time frame return is very crucial on bvb. so if I have extra 15 days in hand then I will be bit of relax.

> when you returned did you only notified them or you have applied for bva again (through form 1005)?

Thank you eid2014.........

Guest nikunj_hifi@yahoo.com
Today got contacted by team 10 CO. Asked for 2 years regional residence proof and 1 year full time work proof. I applied on 2nd July 2014. In my application I have my wife and son.

Fingers crossed and waiting for CO's reply with golden mail.

Hi Kunal,

thanks for sharing this info. Are u applying for 487 (relative sponsor)to 887? I applied on 10th July so I wish next is my turn.

Hi Kunal,

thanks for sharing this info. Are u applying for 487 (relative sponsor)to 887? I applied on 10th July so I wish next is my turn.

My application is 487 regional sponsored to 887.

Guest Himani0229

Please tell me how I will check my Status of the visa process file ...

as as I applied from migration agent .... ... He is not providing me the satisfactory answers ...

Hi himani, i am also having same problem like you since immi account came on web , i am not able to see my file becoz my agent got my file in her immi account and due to privacy issue she is not giving me details of her immi account , also i tried to upload my file in my immi account but no use bcoz migration agent got my file in her account ,you can't add same file on 2 accounts:(

Hi eid2014, thanks a lot for your experience sharing. Most appreciated. yes thats exactly what I wish to know. Now will you please give some answer of parallel questions:

> As ticket required for evidence then, for example if I purchase ticket from 1st december 2014 (fly) and to return on 15th Jan 2015 then is it ok to mention in the form that intended time of return 30 Jan 2015. I am asking this because you know within the time frame return is very crucial on bvb. so if I have extra 15 days in hand then I will be bit of relax.

> when you returned did you only notified them or you have applied for bva again (through form 1005)?

Thank you eid2014.........

Hi dreamer,

you can put any date of your choice but sometime the case officer dont grant full days as you request (sometimes only) and proof does not need to be ticket it could be itenary (cost nothing) free ,and could be any proof depends on the reason like wedding, illness of family memmber or emergency , i applied for 2 months but got grant for 1 month it depends if your case officer thinks your case is near by or you need to be onshore at the time of 887 grant and so on , and once i returned my agent notified them and BVB continue untill your 887 grant but you cant travel after it expires or not valid , just notify your case officer or DIBP , hope this helps

Hi himani, i am also having same problem like you since immi account came on web , i am not able to see my file becoz my agent got my file in her immi account and due to privacy issue she is not giving me details of her immi account , also i tried to upload my file in my immi account but no use bcoz migration agent got my file in her account ,you can't add same file on 2 accounts:(

Same problem with me i applied on 10th July and asked agent to check the status then they said, once immi contact us we will inform you. Anyone on this blog, whose file lodged in June and not contacted yet? Please share so we all estimate time-frame for our application.

Thank you

Guest lookman
Hi all got contacted by co applied on 29 june asked for afp, form 80 & 1221.

Hello Raman,

Congrts on the progress. Can you share which team emailed you, which state are you applying from and are you alone in your application.

Thanks

Hello Raman,

Congrts on the progress. Can you share which team emailed you, which state are you applying from and are you alone in your application.

Thanks

Team 10 and applying from sa and two people in the application.

Hello Everyone. I'm quite confused here. I applied my 887 from 475 last month and was issued with a bridging visa A and my 475 is valid till june 2015. I understand the bridging visa only activates after your current visa expires. I'm planning for a trip overseas next month. Do I need to reapply for bridging visa A once i return to Australia. I mean can someone explains how this works. Do I need to inform DIAC for my overseas trip even if I'm still on 475.

Hello Everyone. I'm quite confused here. I applied my 887 from 475 last month and was issued with a bridging visa A and my 475 is valid till june 2015. I understand the bridging visa only activates after your current visa expires. I'm planning for a trip overseas next month. Do I need to reapply for bridging visa A once i return to Australia. I mean can someone explains how this works. Do I need to inform DIAC for my overseas trip even if I'm still on 475.

Vick,

You are right it is quite confusing.

In the email that i got after 887 application it is printed:

"if the applicant does not obtain a bridging visa B while their substantive visa is still valid and they depart and re enter Aus using their substantive visa they must apply for a replacement bridging visa A on return"

It means either obtain a BV B before leaving Aus or re new BV A after re entry.

However some of our friends with the exact situation have consalted imigratin and were told nothing needs to be done.

I would take this issue very seriously since it affect citizenship as well.

Please clarify with immigration prior to any specific action.

I am not quite sure but I guess applying for BV A after re entry should be fairly easy and worth it to avoid future hassles.

Guest Himani0229

Can anyone help me who got their PR recently .... I m checking online status of application process " In Progress "

what status will when u will assign CO ...

Please advice me ...

Can anyone help me who got their PR recently .... I m checking online status of application process " In Progress "

what status will when u will assign CO ...

Please advice me ...

I thought you lodged your application through agent?? then how can you check on immi account?

Guest Himani0229

Yes I did lodge by migration agent .... But we can check by using VEVo but u need to creat own Immi account and then go to the option import application.... By that way u can check ur process ...