887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Long wait , isnt it... We missed it, We gonna lodge 887 in first week of August, i dnt think we will be able to lodge, as cant get notice of assessment for this year untill we get MES.. Thats frustrating. 

Yeah it’s a long wait and after you lodge 887 you have to go to the Medicare Service Centre and wait in line so they can process your application. And then wait 4 weeks again. So inefficient all the time! But if I understand correctly from your message, you don’t need MES for lodging 887, just for your tax return and that is a frustrating wait indeed.

29 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Yeah it’s a long wait and after you lodge 887 you have to go to the Medicare Service Centre and wait in line so they can process your application. And then wait 4 weeks again. So inefficient all the time! But if I understand correctly from your message, you don’t need MES for lodging 887, just for your tax return and that is a frustrating wait indeed.

Why do we need to go there?? We applied through sending them email. Do we need to push them?? 

Why do we need to go there?? We applied through sending them email. Do we need to push them?? 

That is only when you apply for 887. After 887 lodgement you are eligible for Medicare and you need to go to their Service Centre in person to arrange your Medicare card and so on.
The MES you get within 6 weeks after you send them an email requesting it [emoji106]

37 minutes ago, Hanna said:

That is only when you apply for 887. After 887 lodgement you are eligible for Medicare and you need to go to their Service Centre in person to arrange your Medicare card and so on.
The MES you get within 6 weeks after you send them an email requesting it emoji106.png

oh alright,, Thanks

Whoever looking for Functional English requirement (if unable to proof by uni letter) 

a good option of home based TOEFL ( book within 1-2 days and result within 6-10 days) 

https://www.ets.org/s/cv/toefl/at-home/?WT.ac=TOEFL_special_home_edition_200320&utm_source=vanity&utm_medium=vanity&utm_campaign=TOEFLatHome&utm_content=toefl-special-edition

16 hours ago, prash49 said:

hi i guys i have been asked to get afp police check for my wife i have done it but looks like it is going to take some time cause of corona virus and me living in darwin is there any other quicker ways to do it. another way i was thinking was send it to my friends place in sydney or canberra and get them to express post me?

AFP check can be applied online as well !!!!!

12 hours ago, Ahmad said:

Hi Everyone, I applied on 19th May 2019 and contacted on 1st june for some additional documents(Residential proof)and uploaded all on 3rd June .Till today I have not hear anything after that.However,my wife stucked on overseas. Is this the reason ,they are not giving me even pre grant. If anyone has any idea ,pls share?

you will get pre grant soon

12 hours ago, 887date1420202 said:

Thank  @Prab Singh @MMM my 3yo was born after my 489 granted and he was born here in Aus. Do I still need to do medicak for him do you think?

Also 1 more questions, when my son was born, the regional hospital reffered me back Metro hospital (Sydney) and I stayed for  3months in Sydney. What should I get evidence to prove that was not my decision? I think the birth certificate would mention place He was born as the other day I saw the post said the visa was rejected due to breaching visa condition. They het the birth certificate as an evidence to rejected the case.

Well each case is diff and it depends on the case officer to take a decision..

As you stayed in Sydney for 3 months due to medical reasons you could either give a stat declaration stating the reason Or wait for another 3  months to complete the regional condition.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Prab Singh said:

Well each case is diff and it depends on the case officer to take a decision..

As you stayed in Sydney for 3 months due to medical reasons you could either give a stat declaration stating the reason Or wait for another 3  months to complete the regional condition.

I agree, but imo i'd be better/safer to do both - a stat dec (or a letter from hospital if possible) plus waiting for an additional 3 months at the regional area.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AK10 said:

Not yet but asked agent to email something, as u said they are not very helpful, they just say wait , it wont do anything, thats why I was wondering if we complain ourselves , we might get some response 

I complained last wednesday. If i dont get my grant till tomorrow, i will keep complaining once a week. I dont care what the agent says. Its our application and waiting time will effect us not them. I suggest u complain too. There is no harm in complaining 

23 hours ago, MMM said:

I think the afp is located at SA? I am not sure. but I think you have 28 days to submit the doc. if you want, you can send to ur friends address and then they can scan to you.

BTW, what is ur application date?

thanks @MMM i applied on 26 december 2019

On 7/13/2020 at 2:34 PM, 887date1420202 said:

Thank you so much. 

I have one litle boy 3 years old. So i would need medical check for him right? Could we generate the HAP ID before CO allocated our case?

Hi..while applying for Medicare Entitlement statement..can we send colour copies of passport , current visa and evidence showing we have applied for PR or does all the copies needs to be certified by people like legal practitioners and police officers?

Hi..while applying for Medicare Entitlement statement..can we send colour copies of passport , current visa and evidence showing we have applied for PR or does all the copies needs to be certified by people like legal practitioners and police officers?

14 minutes ago, STUTI said:

yes it should be certified copy of passport as per ATO website.. 

14 minutes ago, STUTI said:

Only passport copy needs to be certified