887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, SMA 887 said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT

Applied on the 22 Dec 2019
Granted today 10 July 2020
CO Andries 

So happy! It's a Direct Grant! Applied through an agent as we were sponsored by NT but lived in SA so was abit worried but everything worked out well 😃

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations..
Thanks for the update.

Edited by sam_may_2020

1 minute ago, SMRITI said:

Finally I can write this email now. Received grant today after 18 months. Just received email today around 12:30pm

Thank you everyone in this forum. It was really helpful.

Congratulations
Could you please add your full visa details like apply date, co request date etc?

4 minutes ago, Prab Singh said:

Suggestion

Thanks for your reply. Just one more question please: we finished are 28 days yesterday and my agent advised not go for feedback yet. Co first contact was on 11june and submitted docs on 7th july. Should I just go for one today or wait!

thanks

Edited by Gkt

6 minutes ago, Gkt said:

Thanks for your reply. Just one more question please: we finished are 28 days yesterday and my agent advised not go for feedback yet. Co first contact was on 11june and submitted docs on 7th july. Should I just go for one today or wait!

thanks

In my case the case officer contacted me after 30 days .. so I you wanna wait .. its totally time .. 

I made the complaint and they replied cant do anything as my file was within timeline and after 2 days they gave me grant .. so every case is diff .. 

Just now, Prab Singh said:

In my case the case officer contacted me after 30 days .. so I you wanna wait .. its totally time .. 

I made the complaint and they replied cant do anything as my file was within timeline and after 2 days they gave me grant .. so every case is diff .. 

👍

4 hours ago, alsk said:

I did see in DHA website, one of the condition to prove functional English is "you completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution in or outside Australia that required at least two years of full-time study and all instructions were in English"

I am wondering why people are taking IELTS or PTE exam again. Here is the link https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

The answer is very simple, it is because not everyone studied in Australia.

There are many people who doesn't have any qualification in and outside of Australia or only have a qualification from their native country which has non-English background. 

Edited by Kevin

Hi friends. I am in a situation and want to know your thoughts and suggestions as I can see there are many helpful and knowledgeable people in this forum. I have applied in March 2020 and I am pretty confident to say that I have provided sufficient documents as evidences as in multiple proofs for a requirement wherever possible) and I am waiting on my Indian PCC to arrive.

I was the primary applicant for 487 and so am for 887 visa. I have provided university letter for my spouse as a proof of functional English. I have provided my employer letter as proof of functional English for myself and I am trying to get in touch with my college in India to get the letter but no one is answering the numbers they have on site. Probably because of the fact the they are closed due to COVD-19. What should I do? I have uploaded my IELTS results from March 2017 and all my degree marksheets that are in English and no other language on them. Will these documents be sufficient?

I can’t accept that fact that I have to spend another 400 bucks on IELTS.

Edited by Meee

3 hours ago, m RJ said:

so u never lived in NT and u got any release letter from NT gov? please do reply, it will be helpful for others as well.

No release letter but we panicked at one point and moved to NT for a couple of months but when consulted with the agent they said there is nothing to worry. So we moved back to SA.

Edited by SMA 887
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Meee said:

Hi friends. I am in a situation and want to know your thoughts and suggestions as I can see there are many helpful and knowledgeable people in this forum. I have applied in March 2020 and I am pretty confident to say that I have provided sufficient documents as evidences as in multiple proofs for a requirement wherever possible) and I am waiting on my Indian PCC to arrive.

I was the primary applicant for 487 and so am for 887 visa. I have provided university letter for my spouse as a proof of functional English. I have provided my employer letter as proof of functional English for myself and I am trying to get in touch with my college in India to get the letter but no one is answering the numbers they have on site. Probably because of the fact the they are closed due to COVD-19. What should I do? I have uploaded my IELTS results from March 2017 and all my degree marksheets that are in English and no other language on them. Will these documents be sufficient?

Every case is different and it is totally depending on CO(s) hand. I don't think there are much we can do except wait and see their response. Or else to receive the direct grant, you could do the IELTS. just seek other seniors advises as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meee said:

That sounds a tricky one to me as well. I don't feel the COs would be easily accepting marksheets only even those are all in English. I would think the best evidence to their eyes would be the letter from uni clearly stating that "all instructions were in English" something like that, unless you have English exam results.

If I were you I would stick to contacting uni and asking for the letter. 

7 hours ago, Meee said:

Hey @Meee you could do the following;

1. Send an email to the college (if there is any email provided on the college website) requesting a medium of instruction letter and attach that email as your attempt to obtain the letter.

2. Write a letter to HA explaining the closure of college due to the lockdown. If there is any message on the site showing college closure attach a screenshot of that.

3. Making a statutory declaration of medium of instruction would help too.

4. If any of your friends or family could go to the college personally and find out if there is admin staff working would help as you could request them to issue the medium of instruction letter or a letter stating college will be unable to process any requests at this point in time.

5. Attach your mark sheets and passing certificates as they sometimes show the medium of answer ( especially mark sheets)

Good luck!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sam_may_2020 said:

Congratulations..
Thanks for the update.

6 hours ago, SMRITI said:

Finally I can write this email now. Received grant today after 18 months. Just received email today around 12:30pm

Thank you everyone in this forum. It was really helpful.

congratz all will you please guide or ask from your agent that if we went on annual leave should we count that in residency or wait extra to cover for that period?

On 7/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, Sachin said:

Very important for me:

Can I withdrawal my application after CO ask for extra information.

Actually, CO asks for justification why I have to spend less than two years in a specific area. I have clearly mentioned that I have travelled overseas for work purpose only and attached all relevant documents too. 

CO Andrej.

Any good immi consultant advise here?

how many days you were out of station in two years?

Hi Friends, 

Could you please help me ?

Normally I don’t have any alias names. 

1. As per passport and most of the documents My name is for eg: 

Last name: “South Wales“

Given name: “New“

2.In my birth certificate it’s shown as “New S Wales”

3.In utility bills it’s shown as “ New Wales”

(a) Do I need to do AFP in “New S Wales” and “New Wales “?

(b)Do I need to declare both “New S Wales” and “New Wales” in 887 application and Form80?

(c) Do I need to do any other things to prove all names are same?

Thanking you in advance.

Please advice!

Edited by Hope2020
Error

17 hours ago, SMA 887 said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT

Applied on the 22 Dec 2019
Granted today 10 July 2020
CO Andries 

So happy! It's a Direct Grant! Applied through an agent as we were sponsored by NT but lived in SA so was abit worried but everything worked out well 😃

Good luck to everyone!

Hi brother,

I also live in the NT for months now, however I would like to go interstate. I just have a few questions for you.

1. How long did you stay in the NT?

2. How long did you stay in SA?

3. How long total of months All in all before you applied for 887?

Thanks in advance

21 hours ago, Hope2020 said:

Hi Friends, 

Could you please help me ?

Normally I don’t have any alias names. 

1. As per passport and most of the documents My name is for eg: 

Last name: “South Wales“

Given name: “New“

2.In my birth certificate it’s shown as “New S Wales”

3.In utility bills it’s shown as “ New Wales”

(a) Do I need to do AFP in “New S Wales” and “New Wales “?

(b)Do I need to declare both “New S Wales” and “New Wales” in 887 application and Form80?

(c) Do I need to do any other things to prove all names are same?

Thanking you in advance.

Please advice!

Dear Mr New South Wales - Go with the name shown on your passport. Refer to your previously held visa,and the application of the same, for the name used. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Zachary said:

Dear Mr New South Wales - Go with the name shown on your passport. Refer to your previously held visa,and the application of the same, for the name used. 

Thanks for the reply.

I didn’t declare any names in my previous application and visa. I had submitted all documents with the same passport name previously.But for 887 my utility bill have the my middle name missing..And I heard that COs are asking AFP for Small changes in the name.

So What should I do?