887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

47 minutes ago, Russki said:

I can try... ? I seriously doubt there will be response before 12 months waiting. ? I have another 10 days to go till 12 months anniversary celebration! ??

I seriously feel for you @Russki. The waiting game must be long enough for you but still cannot push it to them since you are within the timeframe. Even if you shoot them an email after 12 months they'll probably get back saying that you belong to that remaining 10%, either way they have an answer. On the other hand, I'm trying my best to contain myself from disintegration because of this absolutely awful delay.

There, I vented myself out for the week ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

I seriously feel for you @Russki. The waiting game must be long enough for you but still cannot push it to them since you are within the timeframe. Even if you shoot them an email after 12 months they'll probably get back saying that you belong to that remaining 10%, either way they have an answer. On the other hand, I'm trying my best to contain myself from disintegration because of this absolutely awful delay.

There, I vented myself out for the week ?

You can vent here anytime, this is what the forum is for!

Yes you are right, I have already tried - they will just say: oh well, there is that 10% of applicants who are neglected, and our website indicated the same... ? ? ?  This is why I will go straight to complaint after 12.5-13 months. Maybe, the results will be different... ? ?

Few query guys:

1) I have applied for 887 (was on 489). Now my bridging visa say that it is not active and still 489 is active as it has not expired, now am I allowed to move to other states or metros? (bit confused because 489 is still active)

2) Bridging visa A allows to stay/work anywhere in Australia, is that right?

3) Can we apply for Bridging visa B once Bridging visa A is active? as in Bridging visa A we are not allowed to travel outside of Australia..

Too many questions.... sorry for that and have a nice weekend.

Cheers..., Dave

6 hours ago, Russki said:

I can try... ? I seriously doubt there will be response before 12 months waiting. ? I have another 10 days to go till 12 months anniversary celebration! ??

Your patience and calmness blows me each time....you @Russki are a true legend. Hopefully you will get your visa in the next 10 days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dave said:

Few query guys:

1) I have applied for 887 (was on 489). Now my bridging visa say that it is not active and still 489 is active as it has not expired, now am I allowed to move to other states or metros? (bit confused because 489 is still active)

2) Bridging visa A allows to stay/work anywhere in Australia, is that right?

3) Can we apply for Bridging visa B once Bridging visa A is active? as in Bridging visa A we are not allowed to travel outside of Australia..

Too many questions.... sorry for that and have a nice weekend.

Cheers..., Dave

Dave,

I  had this doubts earlier. Just review your bridging visa carefully , you should get the answer. My understanding is that the existing visa restriction is in place till a final decision is taken.Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ranju

Hi all,

I applied 887 VISA on 1st April, Now I saw many applicants were asked to show dependents English skills, I am Primary applicant, and my wife doesn't have IELTS, but she has the  "assessment of functional English from a service provider of the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)" from TAFE, but the issued date is later than 1st April. So can I upload the assessment for my wife's language proof, or I should wait for CO ask it?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I want to apply 887 visa, but I have a difficulty to get the internet connection. Can I apply with 40% of my documents upload first when I pay for the application fee and the rest upload later, one or two week after I pay for the visa application ? I work at the mining site as a geologist close to Tenant Creek

7 hours ago, 11Dec2015 said:

I want to apply 887 visa, but I have a difficulty to get the internet connection. Can I apply with 40% of my documents upload first when I pay for the application fee and the rest upload later, one or two week after I pay for the visa application ? I work at the mining site as a geologist close to Tenant Creek

Sure you can upload at any time. It will take around 6 months. You have sufficient time to upload the document. 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, I need some help in my situation. I will complete my 2 years living requirement in April 2019. I have already complete my 1 year full time work requirement as well. However, my job in Adelaide will relocate to Melbourne due to the closing of Adelaide office next April. Is anyone know if I can go to Melbourne to work if I am on my bridging visa of 887? I really love my job and don't want to lost it. What is my option? Thank you.