887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Experts,

This is regarding English requirement again but different scenario:

My wife was the principal applicant for 489 visa but for 887 visa, I will be the principal applicant as I have managed to get 52 payslips with 35+ working hours.

Now my question is - what English criteria we need to fulfill? My wife's IELTS score is expired already. Does she need to reappear for IELTS? What about me - Do I need to appear for IELTS too? or a letter from university followed by transcripts would suffice the English criteria for both of us?

Your help in this regards is highly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

41 minutes ago, Ajay said:

Hi Experts,

This is regarding English requirement again but different scenario:

My wife was the principal applicant for 489 visa but for 887 visa, I will be the principal applicant as I have managed to get 52 payslips with 35+ working hours.

Now my question is - what English criteria we need to fulfill? My wife's IELTS score is expired already. Does she need to reappear for IELTS? What about me - Do I need to appear for IELTS too? or a letter from university followed by transcripts would suffice the English criteria for both of us?

Your help in this regards is highly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

As per my best knowledge, whoever the secondary applicant above the age of 16 need to appear in ielts or letter from university followed by transcript required. Primary applicant in the application do not need to provide there English skills as they are already proving it by working in English environment. 

Same as yours, my friend was secondary applicant in 489 and primary in 887. In his case department asked for English evidence for his wife(secondary).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know this question has been asked thousand times. I want to ask again to confirm.

I applied 489 on September 2016. On October 2016 I moved to regional area, I had full time job since then. I was on bridging visa A, my 489 was processing that time. So I updated my regional address to my application. On mid November I got my 489, it had regional address.  So my question is when should I apply for 887 on October when I moved to regional area or mid November when I got 489 approval. I know its a matter of 6 weeks but everyday when I see this forum I got stressed. I see the news that government trying to push immigrant to regional area don't know what to do. Any advise for me. 

Even on the immigration website it mentioned someone will be eligible if they hold Bridging visa A after applying for a subclass 489.

Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)

Eligibility

You must:

hold a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487, or a Bridging visa A or B after applying for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa.

15 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

I know this question has been asked thousand times. I want to ask again to confirm.

I applied 489 on September 2016. On October 2016 I moved to regional area, I had full time job since then. I was on bridging visa A, my 489 was processing that time. So I updated my regional address to my application. On mid November I got my 489, it had regional address.  So my question is when should I apply for 887 on October when I moved to regional area or mid November when I got 489 approval. I know its a matter of 6 weeks but everyday when I see this forum I got stressed. I see the news that government trying to push immigrant to regional area don't know what to do. Any advise for me. 

Even on the immigration website it mentioned someone will be eligible if they hold Bridging visa A after applying for a subclass 489.

You will apply in mid November because 887 preconditions say: 

1. You have had 489 visa for the duration of atleast  2 years at some stage.

2. Immigration site states that bridging visa A (you mentioned) for second provisional not first provisional.

3. Bridging visa A before first provisional is accountable when you stayed overseas for a substantial amount of  time during the validity of 489 visa( in my knowledge)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Using simple logic, looks like you can apply earlier, rather than later... ? ? But not sure. Looks like a question for an agent? ? 

Please don't be too stressed, we will all be fine!!!! ? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

image.png

• Thanks 1

Hello All,

Im new here, can anyone please add me to the tracker.

here is my data

alexiv

applied on 28/11/17

first CO 18/05/18 asked for proof of 1 year work and 2 years of residence, and AFP for my partner.

second CO 26/06/18 asked for same information again as the police check was outdated. submitted it on the 4th of July

I believe I am on the hotzone now as i have seen some visas from the 20th of June has been resolved.

hopefully i'l get an answer this Friday or next week. fingers crossed.

BTW does anyone know if anyone has been refused this visa? i was looking on the spreadhsset and all of them apparently have been granted.

7 minutes ago, alex said:

Hello All,

Im new here, can anyone please add me to the tracker.

here is my data

alexiv

applied on 28/11/17

first CO 18/05/18 asked for proof of 1 year work and 2 years of residence, and AFP for my partner.

second CO 26/06/18 asked for same information again as the police check was outdated. submitted it on the 4th of July

I believe I am on the hotzone now as i have seen some visas from the 20th of June has been resolved.

hopefully i'l get an answer this Friday or next week. fingers crossed.

BTW does anyone know if anyone has been refused this visa? i was looking on the spreadhsset and all of them apparently have been granted.

Hello and welcome to the group! ? 

Fingers crossed for your grant! I will add your data to the tracker. ? 

Sometimes 887 can be refused, but to refuse it CO needs serious grounds, like bad criminal record or the applicant submitting fraudulent documents or not completing 2 year stay requirement. ? As long as your application is full and genuine, you do not have to worry. ? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, F1406k said:

Hi Tpsk 

Nothing yet mate, waiting eagerly. Fk1406 is my wife's ID ( she is the main applicant) but now a days she is super busy with our new born baby boy.) so, I'm here to answer you.

All the best to each and everyone.

cheers 

Congrats mate for your newborn. Can you please provide your timeline?

• Like 1