887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, Angos said:

I agree.. It is really frustrating. People need to make travel plans, house/ mortgage plans etc.. I thought they going to pick up Feb file in August. But now it is going to reach mid Sept. 

Same here,lost my patience. I even book my flight ticket to overseas two days ago. Looks like there is no point to wait for this stupid processing time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

I think I wont be having a direct grant. Based on the timeline, I should have it by now if it was direct grant. Badluck I already booked my vacation on first week Nov.

I pray u don't prove to be right but  considering all this I postponed my plans to visit India till April next year.

7 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

I think I wont be having a direct grant. Based on the timeline, I should have it by now if it was direct grant. Badluck I already booked my vacation on first week Nov.

You will get it by November, just to make sure that if they ask for child medical, also submit Stat Dec.

34 minutes ago, Angos said:

I agree.. It is really frustrating. People need to make travel plans, house/ mortgage plans etc.. I thought they going to pick up Feb file in August. But now it is going to reach mid Sept. 

I think it would be October coz that's when we would complete 9 months from our application.. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Honey said:

then they won't ask for medical if he already goes through this. Don't worry you will get the direct grant sooooooooon

If panel doctor says everything is ok from his part as said to my wife after my son's medical by panel doctor then there is no need

29 minutes ago, rahulofpl said:

Hi 

I have applied on 16 Jan 2018 and CO nancy requested additional documents on 27 July 2018. I have submitted all additional supporting docs on 14 Aug 2018 and since waiting for their reply. Could anyone please suggest me when i can hear anything from DIBP. 

Only DIBP can tell you.... We all are waiting..... So hope for the best.... ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hi All

I applied on 7th Sep 2018 and got Medicare - Interim Card

Shall anyone explain me what are the benefits interim medicare card provide??

In particular does it cover pregnancy related health check ups, baby delivery and medicines related to pregnant??

In general is there any difference between interim and permanent medicare card??

2 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi All

I applied on 7th Sep 2018 and got Medicare - Interim Card

Shall anyone explain me what are the benefits interim medicare card provide??

In particular does it cover pregnancy related health check ups, baby delivery and medicines related to pregnant??

In general is there any difference between interim and permanent medicare card??

All medicare related expenses covered.

• Thanks 1

How much benefit to maintain Private Health Insurance eventhough we have medicare

I understand that may be there are no waiting period in hospital

Does it save tax if we have private cover??

I read it somewhere person aged 31 or above should keep private insurance to avoid paying 2% Lifetime Health Cover(LHC) Premium

Kindly advise me is it better to keep Private Insurance to avoid paying this premium??

7 minutes ago, Irshad Sulaiman said:

Hi Everyone,

one of my good old friend applied on 28th of Jan 2018 and got direct grant this afternoon and he is not in this forum and CO was Kimberley. I hope everyone gets the good news soon. 

Thanks for sharing the good News!!!  Looks like they are processing applications strictly in order....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1