887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

18 minutes ago, mgh said:

Before it’s was 12 months too so y u guyz getting sad I will sujjest to our forum members who have completed 11 months time period they should launch global complaint feedback though in email reply they say applicant has to wait but I know few other frds who put their feedback they got positive response with in a week or half.

Hi Mgh,

You meant the positive response from the complaint team or Case officers?

3 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi Mgh,

You meant the positive response from the complaint team or Case officers?

Feedback team replys in general statement ask for wait but they escalate the query to co’s team as well and with in few days applicant gets the reply from co

• Like 2

I very highly doubt that anyone from Feb applicants has got grant till now. Even the one who was mentioned earlier (3rd Feb)  is not any more listed in tracker ...was that even real person from 3rd feb got the grant ? because I dont see that in list anymore. Did someone deleted that entry on purpose ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

I very highly doubt that anyone from Feb applicants has got grant till now. Even the one who was mentioned earlier (3rd Feb)  is not any more listed in tracker ...was that even real person from 3rd feb got the grant ? because I dont see that in list anymore. Did someone deleted that entry on purpose ? 

I too did notice that. I think those entries were called something similar to 'Don's family friend(s)'. I doubt that there may be a mistake on dates?

As for the change in processing times, before it was at 9-12 months for 75% and 90% of applicants respectively, and now it has been changed to 10-11 months for 75% and 90% applicants. In a statistical point of view, that measure looks to be with the intention of reducing the backlog at the tail and clear off people who belonged to that latter part (11-12 months waiting). That sounds like good news for older applicants but that time will be traded-off with the first timers.

So good news for Russki and other 2nd and 3rd timers... We are rooting for you

• Like 3

Hey folks just for INFO, One can eligible for Medicare once a PR application has been submitted. (came to know today whilst filing my Tax return)

You can get a Medicare card if you live in Australia or on Norfolk Island and are:

• an Australian citizen
  • a New Zealand citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • applying for permanent residency - conditions apply, or
  • covered by a Ministerial Order

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/who-can-get-medicare-card/39456#a4

• Thanks 1

Hey folks just for INFO, One can eligible for Medicare once a PR application has been submitted. (came to know today whilst filing my Tax return)
You can get a Medicare card if you live in Australia or on Norfolk Island and are:
  • an Australian citizen
  • a New Zealand citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • applying for permanent residency - conditions apply, or
  • covered by a Ministerial Order

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/who-can-get-medicare-card/39456#a4

I thought this was know to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/18/2018 at 11:00 AM, Russki said:

Hi @deftown, are you planning to launch a complaint mate? ? I am also planning to fill complaint form to immi Global Feedback Unit after around 13 months of waiting. If I have no joy from them, I am thinking of writing to MP or launching a complaint to Commonwealth Ombudsman. It is ridiculously easy to do though their website. ? 

8jan2017 08/01/17 14/07/17 24/08/17 Egypt 05/07/17 complaint submitted.
12/07/17 Answer : have to wait to 12 months.
7 18 1 11

This member submitted a complaint, but not sure if he/she is on the forum... @8jan2017 - last visited this forum a year ago! ?  But we can search his/her posts to find out the story, I guess.

Hey Russki,

Any further news from this member...?

How many of us are over or almost over 12 months now......me , @SK10 , @ricky21232, @Tsep, @Taha , @Russki @Kota are there ?

What is the plan of attack now ?

3 hours ago, Angos said:

?? Why they are doing this. They can hire more staff and clear more files. If this gonna continue,  I am afraid there will be time when there will so much of backlog that people have to wait for 18- 24 months just to get the PR. Forget about the citizenship. I know everyday a lot of people are adding application but that should be estimated with every new financial year. I hope and I believe they should have statistical people to predict all this figure so that Govt can plan accordingly.

Hi Angos, that's the trouble: they have restructured the department and actually did significant staff cuts! Instead of hiring more COs. ? ? But that was in a different life, under Dutton. Now I hope the new Immigration Minister will see sense and will fix Dutton's mess. ? ?? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

I too did notice that. I think those entries were called something similar to 'Don's family friend(s)'. I doubt that there may be a mistake on dates?

As for the change in processing times, before it was at 9-12 months for 75% and 90% of applicants respectively, and now it has been changed to 10-11 months for 75% and 90% applicants. In a statistical point of view, that measure looks to be with the intention of reducing the backlog at the tail and clear off people who belonged to that latter part (11-12 months waiting). That sounds like good news for older applicants but that time will be traded-off with the first timers.

So good news for Russki and other 2nd and 3rd timers... We are rooting for you

Sorry guys... ? I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone, but... It is bloody good news for us, old stale cases!!!! ? let's get us out of the door! and make way for new blood!!! Woohoo!!! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

Hey Russki,

Any further news from this member...?

How many of us are over or almost over 12 months now......me , @SK10 , @ricky21232, @Tsep, @Taha , @Russki @Kota are there ?

What is the plan of attack now ?

Hey HSK! ? ? No, no news from this member, I reckon he got his grant ages ago and departed the forum! ? 

I think, six of us left - @Kota has abandoned us. 

As for the plan... ? A complaint to Global Feedback Unit (I posted a link to it earlier) is a good start from the guys who are over 12 months. I wonder, if @SK10 and @ricky21232 are reading this? And the rest of us will closely follow. What say you? ? 

8 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hey HSK! ? ? No, no news from this member, I reckon he got his grant ages ago and departed the forum! ? 

I think, six of us left - @Kota has abandoned us long time ago. 

As for the plan... ? A complaint to Global Feedback Unit (I posted a link to it earlier) is a good start from the guys who are over 12 months. I wonder, if @SK10 and @ricky21232 are reading this? And the rest of us will closely follow. What say you? ? 

I have also tipped over the 12 month mark on 14th Sep and while I would get in the ear of my MARA agent to raise the alarm with the department..I would not want to push to hard and create an unwanted issue for my case.... 

Hence I would suggest not to file complaint,  but to email the department and hopefully they are also eager to reduce the processing time them selves. 

Just now, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

I have also tipped over the 12 month mark on 14th Sep and while I would get in the ear of my MARA agent to raise the alarm with the department..I would not want to push to hard an create an unwanted issue for my case.... 

Hence I would suggest not to file complaint but to email the department and hopefully they are as eager to reduce the processing time them selves. 

Yes, I hear you! ? ? OK, maybe, you can get your agent to email or call them? Please let us know what happens... I will hold back till I go over 12 months and will do the same... If it does not work, I am going down complaint path. ??

You know, it only sounds terrible: "complaint". But really, it is just an online step-by-step from, where you put in your name-visa-number-etc, then click drop-down list and pick an option: "I would like my case finalised". It's not like you are writing a nasty text and actually complain at someone! ? ?  Just for the info... ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Russki said:

Yes, I hear you! ? ? OK, maybe, you can get your agent to email or call them? Please let us know what happens... I will hold back till I go over 12 months and will do the same... If it does not work, I am going down complaint path. ??

You know, it only sounds terrible: "complaint". But really, it is just an online step-by-step from, where you put in your name-visa-number-etc, then click drop-down list and pick an option: "I would like my case finalised". It's not like you are writing a nasty text and actually complain at someone! ? ?  Just for the info... ?

can you share the link

40 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi Angos, that's the trouble: they have restructured the department and actually did significant staff cuts! Instead of hiring more COs. ? ? But that was in a different life, under Dutton. Now I hope the new Immigration Minister will see sense and will fix Dutton's mess. ? ?? 

Russki I really salute your positiveness. I really like and good to have positive people like you around us. 

Believe me every time  there is a notification that Russki have commentated, it gives me feeling must be a Grant message from your side. I wish this week you get your good news.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1