Christmas Day

Guest Django

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be spending chrissie day with rellies, off to belair national park for a picnic xmas dinner with the koalas and roos x. Looking forward to it its certainly going to be different from stuffing xmas din down and then falling asleep in front of tv!! Feels really weird xmas in the sun i cant get into the spirit of it yet, my brains telling me it should be cold :emoticon-signxmas:

we'll be on Moana in the afternoon.:emoticon-signxmas:

We went to Moana today. I dunno the things we have to do in the name of research eh? :rolleyes: Anyways yep looks like it wins as it is a lot closer to home. So we will be down on the sands of Moana Beach From late morning and then for the rest of the day.

Any one coming down?

Pete

Guest KP Nuts
We went to Moana today. I dunno the things we have to do in the name of research eh? :rolleyes: Anyways yep looks like it wins as it is a lot closer to home. So we will be down on the sands of Moana Beach From late morning and then for the rest of the day.

Any one coming down?

Pete

Yep Pete, were be there, but seeing this is our first, apart from the beer, what should be bring?

See you Thursday..........

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi Pete,

We are just going to take what we would normally take for a day at the beach.

Food, drink, something for the kids to play with, etc

Pete

To all going to the beach dont forget your shade, or you willbe sorry boxing day if its hot

sarah

Guest guest569

We'll be in the seaford hotel first thing till 10am.:jiggy:Xmas dinner will be outdoors at home then a good walk at Moana beach. How will we recognise you all ??? Can you all wear silly xmas hats ????:laughxmas:

Bob

We have a blue pajero which will be decorated (well the shelter will) to look christmassy, we will probably be quite near the end of the beach to avoid too many cars driving past. We have 4 kids and there will no doubt be loads of buckets and spades and sand castles. Hope to see you there.

We'll be in the seaford hotel first thing till 10am.:jiggy:Xmas dinner will be outdoors at home then a good walk at Moana beach. How will we recognise you all ??? Can you all wear silly xmas hats ????:laughxmas:

Bob

Maybe people can have thier union jacks out?;)

Guest KP Nuts
At the far end near all the wooden posts sticking up out of the sand ???

OK, being a bit thick here, is that to the right or left of the surf building / cafe please....

If people want to put the flag of their country out at the beach, then let them! If you don't like it, don't go and join them! Simple. Each to their own.

I remember the flag debate on Adbrits some 4 years ago. In the end I and many more decided not to bother meeting up cos if people are so sensitive about the union jack flag we'd rather be with friends who can just chill! And there were those who didn't know who was who because there wasn't a flag out and missed out on meeting new people. How about writing out Poms In Adelaide in the sand then.

Merry Christmas and enjoy whatever you are doing! We are at the Gold Coast this year!

:emoticon-signxmas:

I must say I've bit my tongue about the flag debate. I could get really wound up about it but won't.

All I will say on the matter is did you lot tut and say "oh how tacky" when Linford Christie, Sally Gunnell, etc carried the Union Flag around the stadium after winning Olympic Golds????? :rolleyes:

Anyways I'm trying to arrange a get together so if you lot don't mind if you lot want to start up your own thread about how ashamed you are of your flag then feel free. :biglaugh:

Pete

I must say I've bit my tongue about the flag debate. I could get really wound up about it but won't.

All I will say on the matter is did you lot tut and say "oh how tacky" when Linford Christie, Sally Gunnell, etc carried the Union Flag around the stadium after winning Olympic Golds????? :rolleyes:

Anyways I'm trying to arrange a get together so if you lot don't mind if you lot want to start up your own thread about how ashamed you are of your flag then feel free. :biglaugh:

Pete

It's xmas day - season of goodwill etc. If people want to put the flag out - good on em. Whatever floats your boat .:emoticon-signxmas:And gets you through the day!

Actually it was nothing about the actual flag that I was commenting on (can't speak for others obviously) but I do think if you have the Union Jack up you should have the Aussie one too - after all, that's what we all are isn't it? Australian English? (or the other way round!)

I just remember how much unrest it caused in the UK when immigrants from various nationalities stuck together totally and gave the impression of not wanting to integrate into their new country, and the comments that caused! By all means celebrate your roots, nothing wrong with that, and I certainly had English flags on my car during the last football world cup (and australian ones when the socceroos were playing!) I'm sure there will be plenty of Italian family groups, Greek family groups, German family groups, Asian family groups, and Sudanese family groups - to name but a few - celebrating an Australian Christmas in their own way here in Adelaide!

but I do think if you have the Union Jack up you should have the Aussie one too - after all, that's what we all are isn't it? Australian English? (or the other way round!!

I refer the honourable lady to post 5 of this thread.:laughxmas::laughxmas:

Pete

Post 5 is your post Pete, waht have i missed??????????????

Just the fact that he has said that he will have the Aussie and Union flags flying.

This was supposed to be a thread about christmas day and once again people have to start being petty and pathetic. Who cares what flag is flown, isn't is personal preference and anyhow this thread is about the day and if people are going to meet. We will be on Moana beach, if you want to join us do, we look forward to seeing you, if not I don't really care, I am actually not working for the first christmas in ages and want to enjoy the day with my family and anyone else who wants to, the more the merrier. I have had it with pettyness on here, I'm outta here.

I am actually not working for the first christmas in ages and want to enjoy the day with my family and anyone else who wants to, .

SNAP ! oh has worked every christmas we have been together ! cannot wait to spend this one together and as i said in a previous post tracey we will see what happens on the day we may well see you all on moana - we will see how our day plays out.

if i dont see you have a wonderful day and will speak soon

sarah jane