Pronunciation of Noarlunga???

Josie

Guest Django
So you'd say it's a great place for a young family then?

Port Noarlunga is a lovely place for a young family. Not only do you have a great beach but also the kids will just love the wooden fort at Jubilee reserve. You are just minutes away from the shopping centre and there are many sporting clubs for them to join when older.

When I have been a bit down I drive along The Esplanade from Christie Beach and as you go over the hill into Port Noarlunga you just look at the view and it is an instant pick me up. I still say to myself 'I live here' every time. Lovely place to live. :wink:

Port Noarlunga is a lovely place for a young family. Not only do you have a great beach but also the kids will just love the wooden fort at Jubilee reserve. You are just minutes away from the shopping centre and there are many sporting clubs for them to join when older.

When I have been a bit down I drive along The Esplanade from Christie Beach and as you go over the hill into Port Noarlunga you just look at the view and it is an instant pick me up. I still say to myself 'I live here' every time. Lovely place to live. :wink:

Thanks! I think it is at the top of my 'places I want to live' list! Seaford and Moana are next - what are they like?

Guest Guest75

Yeah but it's full of Poms now................... Someone had to say it :biglaugh:

Only in fun before the fight starts...................:cute:

OK , How do newbies pronounce Thebarton??

Guest Katangel

Lol have to laugh :-) i get a lot of stick about my accent here and how i pronounce things yet i find it hilarious how English people say aussie things lol :-) and i.d say noarlunga as nor-lung-gar :-)

Guest Guest75
The biggest debate is how to pronounce Greenwith.....

Easy....................... pronounced BBID................... Big Bad Industrial North............................. and before the fight starts.......................I'll stick my cheeky emoticons in :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Some place names always get a titter............

Pooraka

Kangarilla.

Guest Guest75
Onkaparinga ...Panalatinga .......

Patawolonga.....it's a river I know but try saying some of the stuff over here when you have had a few!!

Guest Guest75
We're near Sauerbier Creek - that's a tricky one too.

Just the reason why we use the work Beck in Yorkshire - for any small stream,creek.