Small World only 15 minutes away

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

Have you ever met anyone who lived just down the road from you in the UK, it happened to me again for the 4th time. Talking to a interstate driver at work today and he used to live 15 minutes from where i used to live, even drank at the same pub!! Best one was we were talking to this woman many years ago at my kids swimming lessons, her brother sold us our dog. Another one, another womans brother had just taken over our old local pub, also we had a new guy start at work, again 10 minutes from where i used to live, how small is this world.

stevo

Guest guest3462

I saw a young child in coles and I thought i knew her, it turns out I was her health visitor in leeds!! There are loads of people here from my home town - mass exodus of Barnsley, can't think why???!

Guest guest3462

Not here in oz, but rich and I once went on holiday to Dublin, we were in a really busy bar and I was slagging a junior dr from my ward off to rich telling him how I really didn't like her when she suddenly taps him on the shoulder!!! Bloody hell I nearly died... Worst thing was I'd rang in sick from work to go on holiday!!!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Met a passenger who used to catch my bus back in Kernow regulary and a old school mates parents who though i was in prison lol lol lol

Guest Murphy642

I have a good one, I went to Walt Disney World, Florida to work (from the UK), they put you in apartments with 5 other people. One of the people I was sharing with who was from LA, we discovered that our dad's used to work together in the Hong Kong Police!!!!!

Now that was freaky!

We had friends over from the Uk and had taken the kids to one of the animal parks, bumped into my old manager from the Uk who was here visiting her daughter, they'd noticed our number car and personal plates in the car park and had commented on how weird it would be if the car belonged to someone they knew.

Doing an agency shift one night and handed over to another Nurse that lived in the same town and had gone to school with my cousins..... OH was at the gym and met a guy he'd gone to primary school with, In melbourne he almost run aver one of his ex collegues from the UK. Considering we came from a pretty small town theres quite a number of them over here, can't imagine why :)

Guest Mitchell

Friends from Uni went to Florida and spotted another guy from our class walking through the mall.

I became good friends with a girl in the UK from new Zealand. Turns out our mums were best mates at school and lost touch after they emigrated.

Guest Tina P

My husband was in Sydney airport checking the time for is flight back to Adelaide when he heard someone shout his name ! He ignored it as he doesn't know know anyone in Sydney !

It was our next door but one neighbour from our uk home, he was also waiting for a flight but back to Queensland - they had moved about 12 months before we did.

Amazing that they were there in the airport at the same time. :goofy:

Had many experiences.

I am now friendly again with someone I grew up, we played in the same football teams 34 years ago! We went to different schools but have a lot of the same mates on FB etc. We both grew up in NW London and are now in NE Adelaide.

When back in UK a few years ago, I was at the tube station (outer suburbs London), and on the platform I met an Aussie I worked with at the Melbourne Commonwealth games.

We went to a BBQ at some friends house that we met on here a few months ago.They introduced us to their nieghbours that had moved over a few years ago and it turns out that even though we had never met them they had lived round the corner from us in our village.We got chatting and they asked us were in Moana did we live.Not only had they lived in our village but they had lived in our rental house in oz before we did!We decided it was fate that we had met and we have been firm friends.

Have had a couple of weird ones, but not in SA.

First tim eit happened was not long after we got here, I had to go to Uganda for work on oil rig, and ended up working with a guy i went to school with. On the way back i had to stay in Singapore for a few days for flight connections, went to a bar and bumped into one of my old neighbours!! That was a really wierd experience, and can't really remember much of that night after about 9pm.

Although saying that, the oil and gas drilling industry is a small world, and lots of people from all over the world get to know each other!