SA driving licence in UK...

Growler

Hi everyone,

So im heading back to the Uk in a 7 weeks, however when i am there I am hiring a car but just realised my SA driving licence expires in august (I will be back in oz by then) just scared that it will cause a problem when i go to hire a car in the UK with the expiry date being so close...anyone got any light to shed on this? If i renew my licence how long does it take to come through?

TIA

I still have my UK licence which they give back to you when you apply for the Australian one.

My OH had the old card type licence which they kept when he applied for the Aussie one. He applied for a UK replacement licence online and has a UK licence waiting for him at his fathers address but not much use when you hire the car from the airport!