Boxertony

Cost of Living - We Bought Furniture 'Cheap'

We have found that the cost of living is an important factor to take into account and before we came to Adelaide I always looked for those posts mentioning about people's cost of living here in Adelaide. First impressions I would say Adelaide is only slightly more expensive than where we living in Newcastle upon Tyne and of course some things are slightly cheaper.

Right just read this next bit of this message!

We have only shipped Washing Machine, Dryer, Golf Clubs and 2 TV's the rest is Clothes, Pictures, Photos, Culterly, Pots & Pans. Thats all. So of course we need to purchase some essential furniture, for instance Beds, Dining Room Table and Lounge Suit. We had decided on three cheapest places. 1. AMart 2. Fantastic Furntire and, 3. IKEA.

After visiting all three we decided to go with AMart at Gepps Cross not the Anzac Highway one. AMart sold furniture packages. So we purchased the following:

3 Queen Size Beds

3 Queen Size Mattresses

6 Bedside Cabinets

7 Piece Dining Room Set (6 chairs & 1 table)

2 3-Seater Bed Settee's

2 ETU's (TV Unit)

2 Coffee Tables

2 Lamp Tables

For the price of $1,664.00 = £963.00 approximately. The only problem is that we move into our new rental on the 10th March and this lot of furniture is not going to be delivered until the end of March. So if anyone is going to purchase furniture on arrival do it quickly on arrival as it takes ages for it to be delivered (Delivery cost us $55).

For all readers who are currently residing in Adelaide, please can anyone help us out with the following. We need 5 blow-up beds only 4 if one is a double from the 10th March till the end of March till our beds turn up. Can anyone help us out with this problem.

I absolutely love this place and only yesterday I mentioned I am going home now, meaning my home here in Adelaide.

That's a really good deal ........... my king size bed cost over $4000 alone a couple of years ago! My son is trying to buy stuff to set up house at the mo, I think I will send him to Amart to have a look now.

The reject shop has some blow up beds on offer for $12.

Hope you had fun bartering while buying your new stuff;) best bit about shopping here x

The reject shop has some blow up beds on offer for $12.

What is the reason they are rejects?

I bet they deflate over night.....

I have two single proper mattress...

Two single and a double blow up...

If these are any good please get in touch we are in Aberfoyle park.

Hope to help Rob and Mel

Thanks to Dan, Howard and Maria and to Rob & Mel for your kind offer for us to borrow your blow-up beds. If it's ok with you lot, please can I contact you nearer the time as we do not need them until the 10th March at the very latest and we have been told that our beds will be delivered by the end of March.

Once again thanks ever so much and will contact you very soon.

What is the reason they are rejects?

I bet they deflate over night.....

I have two single proper mattress...

Two single and a double blow up...

If these are any good please get in touch we are in Aberfoyle park.

Hope to help Rob and Mel

Lol that could well be why they are rejects:biglaugh:

Guest nishman

We have a double and queen blow-up bed (and a pump :) ).... oh, and a puncture kit as one's of them's got a slowy. Used to use them when we first arrived (most of us have been there) and later for camping, but don't use them now we've got a proper mattress in the camper trailer.

We're dahn sahf, but I work in the city so can drop them off after work or meet you nearer to home if that's easier. Let us know nearer the time if they're any good to you mate.

We have a double and queen blow-up bed (and a pump :) ).... oh, and a puncture kit as one's of them's got a slowy. Used to use them when we first arrived (most of us have been there) and later for camping, but don't use them now we've got a proper mattress in the camper trailer.

We're dahn sahf, but I work in the city so can drop them off after work or meet you nearer to home if that's easier. Let us know nearer the time if they're any good to you mate.

Thanks to nishman for your kind offer for us to borrow your blow-up beds. Please can I contact you nearer the time as we do not need them until the 10th March at the very latest and we have been told that our beds will be delivered by the end of March.

Once again thanks ever so much and will contact you very soon.

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi

Where do you live Boxertony? We're north east and can lend you two airbeds if that's any good for you?

Let me know.

Sarah