SA state sponsored timeline

Guest littlem

Guest teamV

We have everything sat ready to go ,weve even got the main visa part all done as well,I only took the pratical test last tuesday ,i'm a truck or diesel mechanic,but would be quite happy fixing busses.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Claire
We have everything sat ready to go ,weve even got the main visa part all done as well,I only took the pratical test last tuesday ,i'm a truck or diesel mechanic,but would be quite happy fixing busses.

Hopefully it comes through quickly for you, ours took two weeks which wasnt too bad, keep us posted...

We have the Visa application complete waiting to be sent, stressful!!!

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi Guys,

Just came back from yoga to try to instill a bit of relaxation! :biglaugh:

A new thread would be good, Michelle - you've done such a good job of this one, can you handle two threads? Or does anyone else want to do it? Sharon maybe?

Our skills assessment was through TRA and we got ours back in 4 weeks. Don't know if they are also busier now though.

I'm going to email my agent and ask them about the main visa as we haven't discussed that yet - I think that would be some good positive thinking!

Cara xx

ps our agent also said that as long as you apply before 1st July it will be fine as we are also in the same boat of not enough points :sad:

Guest Claire
Hi Guys,

Just came back from yoga to try to instill a bit of relaxation! :biglaugh:

A new thread would be good, Michelle - you've done such a good job of this one, can you handle two threads? Or does anyone else want to do it? Sharon maybe?

Our skills assessment was through TRA and we got ours back in 4 weeks. Don't know if they are also busier now though.

I'm going to email my agent and ask them about the main visa as we haven't discussed that yet - I think that would be some good positive thinking!

Cara xx

ps our agent also said that as long as you apply before 1st July it will be fine as we are also in the same boat of not enough points :sad:

Thanks Cara,

Our agent completed the visa form, emailed it to us for any amendments, its good to know its sitting there complete, and hopefully upon SS approval the 'SUBMIT' button can be pressed..... feel so horrible just now, mega stressing us both out, we cant imagine what we will do if this doesnt go ahead!!

Heres hoping, keep me posted Cara, hopefully you hear something soon!

xx

Guest Cara&Gav
Thanks Cara,

Our agent completed the visa form, emailed it to us for any amendments, its good to know its sitting there complete, and hopefully upon SS approval the 'SUBMIT' button can be pressed..... feel so horrible just now, mega stressing us both out, we cant imagine what we will do if this doesnt go ahead!!

Heres hoping, keep me posted Cara, hopefully you hear something soon!

xx

It's awful because we all invest every emotion in it & we plan our whole futures around it. All the waiting is a killer, the fact that they've changed the points system has created this mad panic for everyone. I don't see how its constructive but I personally think they'll change the points system again after not too long because they won't be getting the trades in I (not that I'm taking any chances lol).

What documents did you need for the main visa? I looked at it ages ago but have focussed on the other bits so much I haven't given it much though! Guess I daren't imagine getting this far lol

Cara xx

Guest Claire
It's awful because we all invest every emotion in it & we plan our whole futures around it. All the waiting is a killer, the fact that they've changed the points system has created this mad panic for everyone. I don't see how its constructive but I personally think they'll change the points system again after not too long because they won't be getting the trades in I (not that I'm taking any chances lol).

What documents did you need for the main visa? I looked at it ages ago but have focussed on the other bits so much I haven't given it much though! Guess I daren't imagine getting this far lol

Cara xx

Totally agree with you, our life is on hold or so it feels waiting to hear something, yeah I think the system will change again, I dont see how this new system will work especially as you say for the trades!! I am considering doing hairdressing part time if we dont make it this time, means we can apply based on both our jobs being on the SMP...... the joys!!!

Well our agent hasnt detailed everything that is required, but they have most our docs, vetassess, family and friend statements, correspondence showing our address, they will let us know what other info is required, so as soon as I hear I will let you know.

Fingers crossed, lets hope we are the next Michelle and Sharon lol xx

Guest Cara&Gav

Yeah that's great, thanks for the info guys. We did the AQF & the skills assessment on our own & only started using the agent for the state sponsorship. I nearly had a nervous breakdown before (DH is useless at paperwork so was all down to me) so thought we'd let the agents do the work for us lol I've emailed them now so hopefully we can start getting stuff together.

That was really useful info, I can start looking for our birth certificates etc..

Gosh its making me excited! Come on SA!

Cara x

Guest littlem

Morning, I really thought we were gonna have some good news today. I know it's really hard and easy to say now but keep positive everyone and good luck for tommorow.

I will start the other post ss grant chit chat thread if you like probably try and do it later today.

Thinking of you all and have everything crossed

Michelle

X

Guest alex27

Yes-same as Michelle-really hoping that everyone hears soon. it is awful waiting for them to respond!! im sure everyone will get some news this week... good luck to everyone x

Guest Guest6899

Does anybody think that they may do it blocks of profession?? as iv just had another look at the SMP and certain professions have gone to not available so they have obviously looked into them. in my profession nursing, the whole section is still green and available so im wondering if they gather all the applications for each profession then look and assess them??

hope iv made sence??

Lisa

Guest chickeni
Let's all try not to look till Friday......lol

Oh I totally laughed out loud then and I'm in the office!

I wish I could hibernate - only to be awoken with fantastic news!

Chickeni

X

Guest Guest6899

Lol, Im totally OCD, look about 10 times a day, dunno why as they will all be in bed!!:SLEEP:wish i had the willpower not to check but doubt it. Im seriously looking to go on holiday next month to take away all the stress!! where is lovely & hot at this time of year!!!

Lisa

Does anybody think that they may do it blocks of profession?? as iv just had another look at the SMP and certain professions have gone to not available so they have obviously looked into them. in my profession nursing, the whole section is still green and available so im wondering if they gather all the applications for each profession then look and assess them??

hope iv made sence??

Lisa

Hi Lisa

It makes total sence, I have looked at same thing. I think they look at sections in batches, maybe its our turn soon.

Stephen

Guest Cara&Gav

:biglaugh::wacko:

Please let there be good news tomorrow!

I've contacted my agent, paying half the fee Friday so we can start the visa application & get it ready - need something to keep me occupied!

Good Luck for tomorrow everyone!

Cara x

Guest Cara&Gav

hope iv made sence??

Lisa

Yeah some of them do seem to be in blocks but I hope it's not the case because then it isn't in order of receiving the applications and could take even longer to hear. It's 6 1/2 weeks for us so I'm hoping we should hear soon. Leccyman was accepted & he's an electrician & his occupation is still available. Maybe the ones that have gone don't have so many places. I have been taking comfort in the fact that occupations don't seem to be being removed that quickly.

Cara x

Guest chickeni
:biglaugh::wacko:

Please let there be good news tomorrow!

I've contacted my agent, paying half the fee Friday so we can start the visa application & get it ready - need something to keep me occupied!

Good Luck for tomorrow everyone!

Cara x

Just a thought .....

Does anyone know if you can enter all the information and upload all the documents on the online visa application before you have the state sponsorship?

I realise you can't submit it until you have the sponsorship but can you prepare everything including uploading docs? Just want to get ahead of the game!

Thanks

Chicken

Hi all, sorry that none of you haven't heard yet and I have everything crossed for you all that it is going to be good news, we got all our visa stuff ready before we had SS so all we need to do was to add the state exceptance, but I'm please to add that as of today our visa application is lodged and we are cat.2 estimated 12 months woohoo all we need now is a case worker I'm never satisfied lol x