SA Visa lodged and waiting thread :-))

Guest littlem

Guest natmark
Morning everyone,

No change for us today..... I was hoping to see a ppost from Claire this morning.....

This is soooo frustrating!

xx

Are you going to chase your agent up about the tax docs?

Natalie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Cara&Gav
Are you going to chase your agent up about the tax docs?

Natalie

She said on Friday that she has sent an email to the CO asking if it is enough so can't do any more really. Called Gavs accountant yesterday & he's going on holiday next week for 2 1/2 weeks so have asked him to get the tax docs done by Friday. It's a bit tight as he has to do the accounts first but hopefully he'll do it and then if we still haven't heard at least we can send the up to date tax docs on Friday anyway.

Guest Clan Fortune
Booked our Meds !! wooohooooo. No one knows were planning to go as I feel concerned for my son at his school. I dont want any friendships affected or any of the parents keeping there distance . Does anyone else feel this way

Hi, My daugter had told some friends and found some of them drifted away. One actually said what was the point of her going to sleepovers with them when she's going to Australia. I think she should have held off telling them for the same reasons you mention. She does have a couple of really close friends who have been really good.

Elizabeth.

Guest Clan Fortune

Hi everyone, It's been a while since I was last on. Medicals were yesterday in Edinburgh. Thought my Blood Pressure would be through the roof after other halfs driving!!! Doc said she doesn't see any issues and should all go through fine. The wee fella was brilliant, I was worried incase he decided no one was going to poke and prod him!! I'll need to have a read back and see how everyone has been getting on with their application. Congrats to all who have been granted their visas.

Guest natmark
She said on Friday that she has sent an email to the CO asking if it is enough so can't do any more really. Called Gavs accountant yesterday & he's going on holiday next week for 2 1/2 weeks so have asked him to get the tax docs done by Friday. It's a bit tight as he has to do the accounts first but hopefully he'll do it and then if we still haven't heard at least we can send the up to date tax docs on Friday anyway.

I hope he manages it for you. The waiting for you (and Claire) has been ridiculous! You'd think if your CO has asked for something he'd be waiting for your reply! Well hopefully he reads your agents email and has gotten back to them

Natalie

Guest mksandi
Hi, nothing for us today!

Does anyone know what time they work to is it 5 or 6?

Hope we hear some good news today!

Claire x

I think they only work up to 5pm. Adelaide is +6.5 hrs. At your timezone, your sleeping time is Aussie's working time. And by the time you wake up, work is about to end for them.

Guest Clan Fortune

I've just checked DIAC and it states "medical results received". Does this indicate they're not being referrred or could they still be?

It's just our blood results that are required, and still waiting on our police checks.

Guest mksandi
I've just checked DIAC and it states "medical results received". Does this indicate they're not being referrred or could they still be?

It's just our blood results that are required, and still waiting on our police checks.

They could still be referred. Received means your data has been uploaded in the e-health system by the medical office you attended.

Guest Claire

Hello,

Well I have had a look at the timeline and some have waited around 3 weeks from the medicals turning to finalised, am hoping I hear on Friday as this will be 3weeks for us.

Shame we havent heard of any CO or approvals today? Means tomorrow they must come flooding in!

Roll on tomorrow.......we decided to go to Spain so heading off on holiday in July, Ross's parents have a villa there so only need flights! Happy happy :D

Claire xx

Guest leeannekays

Lifes just one BIG waiting game at the moment. Sent for My police check today. My OH did his upfront as he had convictions from when he was in late teens. Then medicals. I just cant wait to see approved!! Then its the next stage of selling the house. Off to Legoland a few days tomorrow so going to try and forget about it! (yea right)

xx

Guest spice
hi everyone, just for the lovely sharons dream we have a new thread so we can track all the visas once we have the sa ss approval. (im sure theres a wine or two in this for me somewhere along the line sharon). I know there is one on pio so this will be a smaller version for pia. I will log it in date of visa application if ok with everyone.

Stephen69 - stephen rachel and amy

sa ss approved - 21/3/11

visa lodged - 11/10/08

case officer - not yet

visa granted - not yet

heys4oz - debbie,graham,auckland(9),sophie(8)

sa ss approved-22/02/11

visa lodged-20/10/09

case officer-we live in hope

visa granted-???

Littlem - michelle & john

sa ss approved - 28/2/11

visa lodged - 27/11/09

case officer 23/3/11 - thats the best bit

visa granted - soon i hope

sharons dream - sharon

ss approved 28/2/11

visa lodged. 7/3/11

case officer -

new life starting 2011 hopefully!!!

Baggienurse- lisa

sa ss confirmed 3/3/11

ahpra docs sent 4/3/11

176 visa lodged 10/3/11

co appointed 23/3/11

police clearance sent 24/3/11

medicals booked 13/4/11

visa granted- hope so soon

natmark - natalie, mark, ella (2), and bump (due 14.4.11)

sa ss approved - 22.3.11

visa lodged - 24.3.11

case officer - hopefully not long

visa granted - soon?

we are a family of 4 going to go to adelaide from the uk so looking to make new friends and help with contacts etc...we will be moving over there earley 2012 look forward to hearing from any poms that can help chat and make new friends/contacts look forward to hear from anyone sandra phil ryan & emily

Guest spice

wow we are a family of 4 too and will be moving easter time next year...Phil sandra ryan and emily

ryan is fifteen and emily is eleven my number keysdont work....love to meet new pommiesthat are going out there...keep in touch ttfn sandra x

Guest nic-manchester

Sorry not been on here for ages, trying to take my mind of all this waiting.

Just had our medicals last friday waiting for bloods to come back and uploaded results, kids medicals have gone says 'health results finalised' and all ours say 'further medicals received', but nothing else has been done on our file.

We sent some more information last week regarding refernces etc and they have been sent on just a waiting game now.

Bit dissapointed yesterday to see the negative feedback on bricklaying jobs in around Adelaide makes you really start to worry if you are doing the right thing? Think I am gonna try and secure some interviews or even a job before I get out there as I work in accountancy although not qualified.

House up for sale, well thats my update if anyone interested :-)) Hope everyone else is doing ok and progressing xx

Guest Cara&Gav
wow we are a family of 4 too and will be moving easter time next year...Phil sandra ryan and emily

ryan is fifteen and emily is eleven my number keysdont work....love to meet new pommiesthat are going out there...keep in touch ttfn sandra x

Hiya,

Welcome to the thread, you're definitely in the right place to make friends and share the experience with. If you give me your timeline I'll add you to the thread.

Cara x

Guest Cara&Gav
Sorry not been on here for ages, trying to take my mind of all this waiting.

Just had our medicals last friday waiting for bloods to come back and uploaded results, kids medicals have gone says 'health results finalised' and all ours say 'further medicals received', but nothing else has been done on our file.

We sent some more information last week regarding refernces etc and they have been sent on just a waiting game now.

Bit dissapointed yesterday to see the negative feedback on bricklaying jobs in around Adelaide makes you really start to worry if you are doing the right thing? Think I am gonna try and secure some interviews or even a job before I get out there as I work in accountancy although not qualified.

House up for sale, well thats my update if anyone interested :-)) Hope everyone else is doing ok and progressing xx

Hi Nic,

Nice to hear from you, glad you got your meds out the way. We also have had to give some extra information, twice now so we are really hoping that's enough & we'll get our visa's soon!

Advice is always good to take on board but try not to worry too much. We are in touch with a plasterer on here who moved out a couple of years ago & he's got plenty of work & has a friend that's looking for another plasterer as he's got so much work on! I'm sure if you work hard and make contacts it will still be OK - just might need to put a bit more work in like you said. It did make us think aabout being more careful too though so we are now going to validate & save some more money up as a back up just to be on the safe side.

Hope you get some interest in the house.

Cara x

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi Everyone,

Update on us.... nothing on the tracker yet but I have got Gavs accountant to agree to get this years tax documents done by Friday as he's going on holiday next week. This means if the case officer does come back asking for them we are prepared. Also, if I haven't heard anything by the time I've got them I'll send them anyway & then hopefully they will have all they need!

Also told my manager all our plans today, he knew we wanted to go but didnt know we'd even gone for the visa's yet let only being close to get them. He was pleased for us anyway & it's nice to have it all out in the open now so I can raise the roof when we finally get our visa's!!

Got everything crossed for Claire tomorrow!

Cara xx

Guest Claire
Hi Everyone,

Update on us.... nothing on the tracker yet but I have got Gavs accountant to agree to get this years tax documents done by Friday as he's going on holiday next week. This means if the case officer does come back asking for them we are prepared. Also, if I haven't heard anything by the time I've got them I'll send them anyway & then hopefully they will have all they need!

Also told my manager all our plans today, he knew we wanted to go but didnt know we'd even gone for the visa's yet let only being close to get them. He was pleased for us anyway & it's nice to have it all out in the open now so I can raise the roof when we finally get our visa's!!

Got everything crossed for Claire tomorrow!

Cara xx

Thats good the accountant will have that sorted on the off chance, I hope you hear back from the CO soon! The good thing with your CO requesting stuff is that you know your file is being dealt with!

Excellent news about work, big weight lifted knowing they are OK with it! My manager has known for a while but doesnt know when were going!

I wont hear tomorrow, I wont hear for a while yet........I am not waking up early hours checking anymore, am more excited about hopefully going a holiday now! Haha

Claire xx

Guest nic-manchester
Hi Nic,

Nice to hear from you, glad you got your meds out the way. We also have had to give some extra information, twice now so we are really hoping that's enough & we'll get our visa's soon!

Advice is always good to take on board but try not to worry too much. We are in touch with a plasterer on here who moved out a couple of years ago & he's got plenty of work & has a friend that's looking for another plasterer as he's got so much work on! I'm sure if you work hard and make contacts it will still be OK - just might need to put a bit more work in like you said. It did make us think aabout being more careful too though so we are now going to validate & save some more money up as a back up just to be on the safe side.

Hope you get some interest in the house.

Cara x

Thanks Cara for your support, found a few contacts today, gonna look them up, just feel daft cause it might be this year could be next.

Saving up like mad here too, though with the way work is here its hard!

Good luck with your information, hopefully fingers crossed that will be it. They haveb't been too bad yet, asked for one ref and they gone bust so just sent some info fom co house, hopefully that will be ok x

Good luck x

Guest Cara&Gav
Thats good the accountant will have that sorted on the off chance, I hope you hear back from the CO soon! The good thing with your CO requesting stuff is that you know your file is being dealt with!

Excellent news about work, big weight lifted knowing they are OK with it! My manager has known for a while but doesnt know when were going!

I wont hear tomorrow, I wont hear for a while yet........I am not waking up early hours checking anymore, am more excited about hopefully going a holiday now! Haha

Claire xx

Hiya, yeah it is good although I haven't heard anything since we sent the last bit of info before the meds were finalised so getting a bit anxious again. I just want it to be over now! But I'm doing quite a good job of taking my mind off it as much as poss. One day we'll see the magic words! Also, got my eye on those good flights but don't want to book them before we get our visa's! So I guess that's the problem that the holiday we are loking forward to is Oz & we need to get our visa's first.

Still VERY excited about going to see Take That in 3 weeks! Woo Hoo :jiggy:

Cara xx

Guest Claire
Hiya, yeah it is good although I haven't heard anything since we sent the last bit of info before the meds were finalised so getting a bit anxious again. I just want it to be over now! But I'm doing quite a good job of taking my mind off it as much as poss. One day we'll see the magic words! Also, got my eye on those good flights but don't want to book them before we get our visa's! So I guess that's the problem that the holiday we are loking forward to is Oz & we need to get our visa's first.

Still VERY excited about going to see Take That in 3 weeks! Woo Hoo :jiggy:

Cara xx

I hope you hear soon - hopefully tomorrow you will get the approval. I like the idea of a holiday properly before you head out, but Ross against it. Were hoping to go to his parents villa but I am struggling to get time off work just now as we are so busy............

I am very jealous I love Take That. I am going to see Kings of Leon in Edinburgh on the 26th of June we have a hotel booked so that will be nice, and were going to Tea in the Park, looking forward to it! But the visa is the ultimate.

Oh who did you price the flights with?

Claire x

Guest Cara&Gav
I hope you hear soon - hopefully tomorrow you will get the approval. I like the idea of a holiday properly before you head out, but Ross against it. Were hoping to go to his parents villa but I am struggling to get time off work just now as we are so busy............

I am very jealous I love Take That. I am going to see Kings of Leon in Edinburgh on the 26th of June we have a hotel booked so that will be nice, and were going to Tea in the Park, looking forward to it! But the visa is the ultimate.

Oh who did you price the flights with?

Claire x

I hope you get the time off work - if not maybe a long weekend is better than nothing?

Yeah can't wait for Take That, we've also got a hotel for the night but not sure if we can stay as we've got foreign students booked that are only 15 at that time so can't really leave them all night.

There's some good flights with Cathay Pacific a few dates around 19th September but I'm worried we're going to lose them though! They're currently about £790 each return to Perth or £840 I think to Sydney.

x

Guest Cara&Gav
Thanks Cara for your support, found a few contacts today, gonna look them up, just feel daft cause it might be this year could be next.

Saving up like mad here too, though with the way work is here its hard!

Good luck with your information, hopefully fingers crossed that will be it. They haveb't been too bad yet, asked for one ref and they gone bust so just sent some info fom co house, hopefully that will be ok x

Good luck x

Thanks, you too xx

Guest Claire
I hope you get the time off work - if not maybe a long weekend is better than nothing?

Yeah can't wait for Take That, we've also got a hotel for the night but not sure if we can stay as we've got foreign students booked that are only 15 at that time so can't really leave them all night.

There's some good flights with Cathay Pacific a few dates around 19th September but I'm worried we're going to lose them though! They're currently about £790 each return to Perth or £840 I think to Sydney.

x

Yeah very true its better than nothing, it has took me ages to persuade Ross to go on holiday. Last night agreed on Cancun then decided to dear especially if we want to go to oz this year, decided on Spain and dates turns out cant get the time arghhhhhh. Seems nothing is going straight forward just now!

Thats excellent prices going to have a wee look :) x

Guest Cara&Gav
Yeah very true its better than nothing, it has took me ages to persuade Ross to go on holiday. Last night agreed on Cancun then decided to dear especially if we want to go to oz this year, decided on Spain and dates turns out cant get the time arghhhhhh. Seems nothing is going straight forward just now!

Thats excellent prices going to have a wee look :) x

Sometimes everything works out & sometimes it's the opposite! We went to italy over New Year for 9 days, we really needed the break! it really helped, although doesn't last long lol Hope you work it out x