Woodcroft Shopping Centre Verse Hallett Cove

Growler

Hi i am being employed at either Woodcroft Shopping Centre or Hallet Cove Shopping Centre. I was over in the summer and visited Hallett Cove and it seemed very quiet....i have sales targerts to meet and this concerns me. However i have heard Woodcroft is a busy centre. Can anyone shed anymore light on this please?

I take it its GU#### your going to work for. My wife knows a couple of people that have worked at H/C, one a manager only lasted a couple of months and a stylist also lasted only a couple of months, there is not enough traffic going through the mall and another 2 salons and a barbers to compete with and they are on the pricey side also. Every time I go past its always very quiet in the shop.

Woodcroft was fairly busy, but now most shops are closing or moving away. The centre is being refurbished, I know Foodland is staying, and Cheap as Chips is going to be opening a branch there once the refurb' is finished. The place does look a bit dated, i hope the Vietnamese baker stays, coz he does the best bread at the cheapest price in the Woodcroft/Morphett Vale area.

Rick, Wizzywozza's Husband.

Woodrcoft Shopping Centre is being decimated. Yes, the landlord is raising the rents to way above there already extortionate levels, but also one of the big draw cards for the new development has pulled out. (One of the two major supermarkets .... also because the rent is too high). Now if one of the majors can't afford to be there how in hell can a small enterprise survive? The landlord is just being greedy.

A lot of people have lost successful businesses, and a lot of people have lost their jobs because of his greed.

Sharon (the other Wizzywozza ...... cos I know hubby is posting on this thread under my name too :shocked:)

Woodcroft started to die about 10 years ago when Harris Scarfe[now Sams warehouse] pulled out followed by True Value Hardware[now Go-Lo]unfortunately once the cheap shops move in it's a downward spiral for any centre,Hallet Cove on the other hand has been refurbished recently I remember reading that some of the traders would not be welcome after the refurbishment,very snobbish,but it worked, Hallet Cove is a quality centre with quality shops.

• 1 month later...
Hi i am being employed at either Woodcroft Shopping Centre or Hallet Cove Shopping Centre. I was over in the summer and visited Hallett Cove and it seemed very quiet....i have sales targerts to meet and this concerns me. However i have heard Woodcroft is a busy centre. Can anyone shed anymore light on this please?

hi again, do you know what just get here look for a job anywhere you like, there is always hairdressers needed, you will have no worries. xxx

When Woodcroft has been redeveloped it will go back to being ok again but the interim period is going to be rough. Same as Hallett Cove. Was ok, then became crap and is now good(ish).

Mind you shops are a womens thing really. Any place is ok for blokes as long as there's a food shop and a bottlo.