Guest Claire-n-tel

Need Help! Where to go for meal with 30 people?

Guest Claire-n-tel

Morning Guys!

Just want to pick someones brain!.....I've been volunteered to organise somewhere for a meal out for a big group of our friends and i'm a bit stuck!

OK here is the list of requirements! (its a long list!):eek:

This side of the city (ie we are in glenelg so not nth, east or cbd)

Probably a pub/hotel/RSL or the like, some people don't like indian/thai etc

would be able to sit 30 people together

Not too noisey we want to be able to chat

it is on a saturday evening

not too expensive

phew!......bloody awkward lot! Oh and a couple have requested a salad bar but i might just have to ignore that one!:wacko:

the front runner is the warradale hotel at the moment but i'm not convinced, we've been a couple of times and it always feels very cramped and like maybe they are rushing you to finish and get out.

I think the best big group meals we have been to have been in RSL type places but they were both in Vic and we haven't found one here?

So come on oh knowledgeable ones Help Me!

Claire:wubclub:

I went to this place about 13 years ago and it had a buffet style dinner and we had quite a few people - not sure if it was 30 though. From what I remember the food was ok and reasonably priced.....but you know 13 years is a long time..... http://www.watermarkglenelg.com.au/

Charlies Diner, Brighton Metro Hotel, Brighton Rd should be able to accommodate 30 people and have a buffet to suit the more fussy eaters among the group lol

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hmmm...thanks Guys! but i never really like either of those places much, don't really rate thier food much, find it a bit "half warm canteen":huh:

Its driving me crazy! i'm leaning towards saying bugger it at doing it at home!

The Morphett Arms is our local and think its great... The bistro is large and includes salad bar! Cheap than the Warradale too. They usually have a live singer in the garden too!

It's certainly not as 'cool' and modern as the warra but Its a good local!

Dan

Try the Lakes Resort Hotel at West Lakes. Lovely setting overlooking the lake, and the food is always good, reasonably priced. There's a wide variety of meals, roast, stir fry etc (and a salad bar!). Have been there with a group of about 20 and they accommodated us no problem. They have extra sections they can open up when busy, plus the bar area is nice.

How about the Seacliff Beach Hotel. Looks out over the sea - food is good, reasonably priced and a happy atmosphere. There's generally plenty of room if you book (but don't think you can book on the balcony).

Or Sturt Marion Club on Sturt Road?

My picks would be the Surf Club in Glenelg (great sunset views for pre dinner drinks on the balcony). It's big, can accomodate big groups, and food/drinks are pub style and prices. Also maybe the Holdfast Hotel, corner Brighton Road and Pier St in Glenelg?

Avoca, Warradale, Flagstaff hotel, Seacliff Hotel, The Highway Hotel, Glenelg Surf Club, Flagstaff Hill Golf Club, Belair Golf Club ........

Belair hotel could probably do 2 large tables but you'd need to book ahead - love their Bistro menu.