guspjmh

Bought our first house!

We are scared and excited! Bought a house in Port Noarlunga 3/4 beds about a mile back from the beach, as we couldn't afford a large plot close to the beach.

Our cooling off period is over and I've paid the deposit so it's happening, in a state of shock - not sure whether I've done the right thing or not!!!

Guest Claire-n-tel

Wow!......9 weeks in?!.....thats fast!......good luck:wink:

Yeah, it was fast but we love this area and houses seem to move quick. We wanted something relatively low maintenance on a good sized block, so when we saw it we leapt in!

I guess we will be here for at least 4-5 years, so better off paying our mortgage than someone elses!

Guest Guest75

Congratulations!!

Scary innit?????

The speed of the transaction is frightening as it all happens so much quicker (and better ) than the UK system.

If you plan to stay a few years hopefully your property will have increased enough against the stamp duty pain .

Gus, you didn't mention this at the BBQ. Congrats all the same. When do you move?

April 16th. We didn't know at bbq, it's all happened fast.

Congratulations. It may seem fast but if it feels right you just have to go for it. We had more or less the same thing, except for us it was a block of land we fell in love with and it took another 15 months before we actually got to move in.

Hi Gus: This sounds like a success story to me! You've been on a long, exciting and, at times uncertain, road for a couple of years to get to the Land of Oz, and now you've arrived it's great that you've found a spot you fancy settling on. It all sounds great to me, but if you have any doubts, just give it a couple of years at least, Gus, to see if Port Noarlunga is where you want to be, but if it's not - well, you can always try somewhere else. There's plenty of wonderful places in Oz to live; but for now, Port Noarlunga sounds just perfect. I think you're a great role model for very many people starting out on their journey to Australia. Good luck, Gus, to you and all your family!! x

Thanks Andrew, without you and Stacey it may have been a lot more difficult!

I highly recommend the guys at Vista financial for any other Brits looking for their first Ozzie mortgage!

Congratulations to you and your family Gus! We should hopefully get our visas around the end of September, so looking forward to hopefully hearing about your experiences in person. :)

Thanks! I am working from home today, to the sound of my pool excavation outside! I guess only us poms are daft enough to put a pool in at this time of year!