Rental Availability

Guest tiswas88

I think you are saying that for years that some have been over priced and now are on a even par with other furnished rentals cost wise.

As for self employed tradies making $75 an hour good luck to them if people are silly enough to pay that sort of money. But you must remember they had to serve a 4 -5 year apprenticship on very low wages and have overheads such as van and all types of tools to keep maintained.

That seemed to be what you are saying, I'm so very pleased that you are highlighting we are such good value now.:jiggy:

Prices are very much in line with other furnished rental and due to the economic climate prices are maintained and less profits seen.

Wish I was a tradie now, the hourly rate can be something else!! $75 an hour for self employed sparkies!

I'm not jealous though - good luck to em if they can get it:smile::smile:

Guest Guest12727
I think the thing to remember is that short term rental is just that - short term. It doesn't take long to sort out a long term rental here, so my advice is to treat your first few weeks here as a kind of camping trip: you don't need mod cons, and loads of space, and loads of facilities - just somewhere to sleep, somewhere to wash, and something to cook on. If your budget means that's a tent on a campsite with a blow up bed and a camp stove, or a cheap motel room with a kettle, then that's all part of the adventure. It's like any holiday - you can book somewhere lush for a couple of weeks and have all your home comforts around you, or something cheap and cheerful with the knowledge that it's only for a short while.

Exactly. Not everyone has the same expectations and values. Recently there was a poster asking for first accommodation of around $250 per week. He was happy for a single room for his family of 4 (2 young kids). I remember some-one else told him that one room wouldn't be adequate - putting their values on the OP. I wonder what they found?

Not sure I would recommend a tent in winter though - likely to be blown away tonight.

Guest Guest75
I think you are saying that for years that some have been over priced and now are on a even par with other furnished rentals cost wise.

As for self employed tradies making $75 an hour good luck to them if people are silly enough to pay that sort of money. But you must remember they had to serve a 4 -5 year apprenticship on very low wages and have overheads such as van and all types of tools to keep maintained.

Not all ,we were market price then also but do keep our prices the same now.

It's unfortunate that a lot of people have view that tradies are raking it in (some do!). We have had some stinking quotes - they don't ever work for us or anyone we know.Even at $40 odd an hour its a lot of money!

Bit like some folks uniformed opinion of furnished rentals really, taking out the finance and maintaining it, purchasing all the furnishings, regular property maintenance (that can be very expensive), instantly having to replace fixtures and fittings if they break /wear out...........obviously all the expensive service /internet, regular linen replacement.

There is obviously a saturation point where you cannot take any more bookings - but I can only dream of that.

An awful lot have dropped out of the game as it's a lot tougher and perhaps they did not really think about the time and expense needed.

Quite unsure why you are fascinated by our income ( or lack of it!), I'd be picking on the Pollies and fat cat CEO's!!!!

Guest Guest75
Surely when you retire you will get the income. It's planning for the future, nowt wrong with that.

Yep,forgot to mention that, we have little Super so the property is it.

I have no interest in your income and did not enquire about your income. I know it takes money to set up but most is claimed back from tax unless you have a really bad tax agent/ accountant.

Not all ,we were market price then also but do keep our prices the same now.

It's unfortunate that a lot of people have view that tradies are raking it in (some do!). We have had some stinking quotes - they don't ever work for us or anyone we know.Even at $40 odd an hour its a lot of money!

Bit like some folks uniformed opinion of furnished rentals really, taking out the finance and maintaining it, purchasing all the furnishings, regular property maintenance (that can be very expensive), instantly having to replace fixtures and fittings if they break /wear out...........obviously all the expensive service /internet, regular linen replacement.

There is obviously a saturation point where you cannot take any more bookings - but I can only dream of that.

An awful lot have dropped out of the game as it's a lot tougher and perhaps they did not really think about the time and expense needed.

Quite unsure why you are fascinated by our income ( or lack of it!), I'd be picking on the Pollies and fat cat CEO's!!!!

Airbnb is amazing! dont be put off by staying with people if anything its way better than having our own place we have been given so much help, ;local knowledge and have made some good friends along the way xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love the way you've made what must've been a really disappointing start to your new life, into something really positive.

I'm sure you'll do brilliantly with that attitude.

:notworthy:LC

Guest Guest75
I have no interest in your income and did not enquire about your income. I know it takes money to set up but most is claimed back from tax unless you have a really bad tax agent/ accountant.

So why the questions and comments?? It did look to me as you were interested or some other motive?????

You seem to feel the need to voice an opinion.

If it was all so good why didn't you have a go...............nobody stopped you.

It's all a big risk and too much for some people I know.

Edited by Guest75

Guest Guest75
How ironic....you were fascinated by mine!

You seem to feel free about mine so naturally and fairly it was right to ask what you did for a living. Did I come across as fascinated or did I just ask the question.........:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::goofy:

Totally agree it is irrelevant and if someone sent me a pm like that I would probably ignore or tell them to sod off. You can block pms from other members if you want to do this please ask one of the mods and they will show you how.

Now everyone can we please get back to helping the OP instead of interfering in other peoples business.

You have already been told to get back onto the topic. You are only making yourselves look silly here, and that would certainly put me off using someone's services.

So, this is the official warning, no more bickering about pm's, income or anything else. If you don't have something helpful towards the op then DO NOT POST. Nobody wants to hear it. If you ignore this warning your posts will be deleted and you might find yourself on a little holiday from the forum. This is after all the second time you have been told!

Guest Guest75
You have already been told to get back onto the topic. You are only making yourselves look silly here, and that would certainly put me off using someone's services.

So, this is the official warning, no more bickering about pm's, income or anything else. If you don't have something helpful towards the op then DO NOT POST. Nobody wants to hear it. If you ignore this warning your posts will be deleted and you might find yourself on a little holiday from the forum. This is after all the second time you have been told!

Yes Miss!!!:cute::cute::cute::cute:

Guest Guest75
Just looking at Tykes house there in Seaford. Looks amazing. Just the small matter of selling the house first. We had hoped to be there n'all by now but the visa grant backlog stopped that in its tracks. Hopefully the house will sell quickly. :smile:

Good luck on selling the house soon!!

I hate the English system and I know the market is slow - but it only takes 1!!!!!:smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rizzo
*edited out PM as per forum rules*

So apparently I'm not allowed an opinion.... When we arrived we had a extremely tight budget and contacted ppl on here regards staying, i didn't have a spare $400 -$600 a week to spend so found my own accommodation on websites like gumtree..... I used to recommend the place i stayed at on this website when ppl asked..... the posts always for removed for some reason! But in a website where opinions are allowed and asked for i was telling mine....and there certainly is much cheaper out there if ppl look.

Dan

And also, apparently you aren't allowed to advertise your own accommodation for rent as others on here who have short term rental businesses don't like it. So when we tried to advertise our house for rent for a one off time of 4 weeks while we go away, we were told we couldn't as others would complain or we have to pay a fee of $200 to advertise it.

And also, apparently you aren't allowed to advertise your own accommodation for rent as others on here who have short term rental businesses don't like it. So when we tried to advertise our house for rent for a one off time of 4 weeks while we go away, we were told we couldn't as others would complain or we have to pay a fee of $200 to advertise it.

Really? I'm admin and that's the first I've heard of it! If you are a regular contributor on a weekly basis you can advertise it for free, if you are a regular member and make 16 posts a week it's $50 and if you don't use the forum only to promote yourself then yes it is full price. We pay over $100,000 a year advertising the network of forums so I don't think 96 cents a week is a lot, do you :unsure:

Guest rizzo
Forgot to add 6 posts a year doesn't really count as an active member but you could change that.

15 posts a week is ridiculous. I may not post regularly but have done my fair share of giving advice and helping people in various situations not always on here publicly but more privately. And I have been a member since 2009 so quite a while.

Just don't understand why this forum makes it so difficult to post something that would benefit both a new family arriving in Adelaide as well as an existing family who are making the very expensive trip back to the UK. All because it's going to upset some other members.

Very odd.

15 posts a week is ridiculous. I may not post regularly but have done my fair share of giving advice and helping people in various situations not always on here publicly but more privately. And I have been a member since 2009 so quite a while.

Just don't understand why this forum makes it so difficult to post something that would benefit both a new family arriving in Adelaide as well as an existing family who are making the very expensive trip back to the UK. All because it's going to upset some other members.

Very odd.

Firstly please accept my apologises I didn't realise that you were letting the member stay free in your house.

In regards to sharing advice I've looked back at your posts and 24 of them were wanting to sell something or recommending something. So really you have made 8 posts in 5 years and expect to come on here and advertise for free. We are not a classified site maybe try gumtree or Stayz.

The rules are in place for everyone and I'm sorry but you are not a special case.

This will be the last we chat about it on this thread if you need to chat more please feel free to pm me.