Looking for Call Center/Customer Service or Compliance Work in 8 weeks (10th June)

Hi All,

I am looking for a Call Center/Customer Service or Compliance job to start work in next 8 weeks as arriving on 10th June in Adelaide.

Below is a summery of my profile. please do PM me if you have a position available or can help me secure a job.

I have overall 10+ years of experience in Customer Service with 5 Years of Local Experience (Australia) . Currently managing a team of coordinators for business continuity at XL Group supporting our Australia - Sydney and Melbourne offices as a part of Asia PAC portfolio. Worked with EXL Service for 7+ years at different levels. My core responsibilities were to oversee the customer service function for an insurance client and attend to over 25 customer service advisers and Subject Matter Experts. Please PM for a copy of resume.

Regards,

Amit Malhotra

Edited by NicF
Removing phone no and email as per forum rules

I have to say I don't even know if there are any call centres in Adelaide and if there are where they would be. I would get researching and see if you can find any companies that operate call centres here and then check there websites for jobs. I would also consider what transferable skills you have and look at other jobs you could do as well. Many recruiters will have selection criteria for a position and if you can demonstrate you meet the selection criteria it doesn't matter if your current job is a bit different to the one you are applying for. Good luck.

Thanks, I see many jobs in Seek.com.au but for some reason not getting a reply

That's normal. They are notorious for not replying to applications. When we arrived and were applying for jobs there were positions that seemed like a perfect fit...application went in...followed by silence. It was one of the worst experiences.

One particular job was an exact match for my OH as he had been doing that for the past 10 years. Again no reply. He phoned them and was told that he wasn't allowed to do that particular job as he didn't have the Australian qualification.

As NicF has said above...many Australian call centres have been moved offshore. I have seen organisations like the RAA advertising locally though.

Best of luck.

Thanks, I see many jobs in Seek.com.au but for some reason not getting a reply

I don't think this is uncommon, and I think it's perhaps due to the volume of applications received. No excuse, but perhaps a reason.

The other thing is, do your details include Australian contact details?

If not, might they put your app in the too-hard basket, and simply select people here that are ready to start?

Whatever, I wish you only good luck.

:cool: LC

Hi

I just had success using jobseekers.com.au

Try not to be to disheartened, there are a high volume of applicants for most vacancies. I applied from England and never got one reply. As others have said, Its difficult when your not in the state.

You will find out when you get here but in my experience so far, companies don't waste time dilly dalling about like they do in England. Once decisions have been made wether it's a job or property things move very quickly here. (One of the reasons I love SA.. No messing about)

All the best

Edited by candt

Hi

I just had success using jobseekers.com.au

Try not to be to disheartened, there are a high volume of applicants for most vacancies. I applied from England and never got one reply. As others have said, Its difficult when your not in the state.

You will find out when you get here but in my experience so far, companies don't waste time dilly dalling about like they do in England. Once decisions have been made wether it's a job or property things move very quickly here. (One of the reasons I love SA.. No messing about)

All the best

That's great news...congratulations!

I know that there are many people reading about the very real economic difficulties facing Australia and Adelaide in particular, but this is proof that jobs exist and that new residents can get them.:smile:

I have friends who are facing issue for not having local experience - do you all think that might be a challenge

In my experience it depends on the job/industry, sometimes not having local experience can be issue, other times it doesn't matter. In a challenging job market with plenty of applicants, recruiters can change their criteria to suit. I know of 2 people who have jobs that when they started there was no requirement for them to be Australian citizens, but then the criteria was changed and the next time they recruited the advert stated they needed to be Australian citizens.