887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Thanks Sugarboy,

It worked. Great!!

There's a Change of passport details link under the Related links section in ImmiAccount.

You can use this link to change your passport details and that will automatically update all of the department's online records.

I will recommend add partner now.. And she will be PR with you on 887. Less hassles great results.

She might or might not require IELTS, they can ask for more evidence for functional English, depending on her qualification and country of birth, She needs to prove functional English regardless!

Alternatively she can do PTE OET or TOFEL test. Only minimal passing score is required in this case.

HI, Case officer has been allocated today , asked for AFP, Home country police clearance

Appl: 13.03.2015

CO: 13.05.2015

hi suman you got case officer on 13 may 2015 .. so what is going on.. have you submit your police clearance .. what is your visa update???

Hello All,

I have just got email response from team 10 ( Applied for 887 from 475 on 5th April 2015) and they have asked for additional documents regarding my stay in South Australia.

Now my worry is , I stayed for about 8 months on shared accommodation and hence don't have any utility bill to prove my stay. I have however bank statements, medical bills posted on my name to shared accommodation.

Can anyone has idea what could be the accepted document proof to show in case of shared accommodation?

thanks in advance

Hello All,

I have just got email response from team 10 ( Applied for 887 from 475 on 5th April 2015) and they have asked for additional documents regarding my stay in South Australia.

Now my worry is , I stayed for about 8 months on shared accommodation and hence don't have any utility bill to prove my stay. I have however bank statements, medical bills posted on my name to shared accommodation.

Can anyone has idea what could be the accepted document proof to show in case of shared accommodation?

thanks in advance

Bank statement should be fine or get statuary declaration from your landlord or your real state which indicate you are living in regional area but bank statement also strong proof to show residency hope it helps

Hi there , i am a silent member of this forum . I have a question that I got CO today and asked for birth certificates for all members of the application . What should I do if I don't have them ? Quick reply be appreciated. Thanx

Hi there , i am a silent member of this forum . I have a question that I got CO today and asked for birth certificates for all members of the application . What should I do if I don't have them ? Quick reply be appreciated. Thanx

Hi VMS,

You suppose to submit your DOB certificates, for Indians they accept 10th Certificate which shows DOB. What did you submit when you applied 475?

Hi VMS,

You suppose to submit your DOB certificates, for Indians they accept 10th Certificate which shows DOB. What did you submit when you applied 475?

Thanx Svasi , but the thing is I have got birth certificate for all of us but in Hindi and no name on it jut dob, gender and fathers name . I submitted my daughters but co said there is no child name and no mother name . In that scenario what to do ?

hi suman you got case officer on 13 may 2015 .. so what is going on.. have you submit your police clearance .. what is your visa update???

Hi Henley,

I have submitted Police clearance last week and, awaiting for final mail from case officer.

After exactly 1 year and 2 days, I was asked to renew my AFP(Australian Federal Police Clearance) this morning.

What a silly ridicules unfair and annoying procedure they have it in DIBP.

Friend of mine( same situation, same country, same visa) applied 7 month after me and got the visa in less than 2 month.

So ..... annoying.:arghh::nah:

After exactly 1 year and 2 days, I was asked to renew my AFP(Australian Federal Police Clearance) this morning.

What a silly ridicules unfair and annoying procedure they have it in DIBP.

Friend of mine( same situation, same country, same visa) applied 7 month after me and got the visa in less than 2 month.

So ..... annoying.:arghh::nah:

It is annoying to the point that seems our application has been submitted not to DIBP but to a completely irrelevant office since whenever you make an inquiry instead of replying to your individual case they repeating the same bull....

Anyway nothing can be done but to wait.

Below is a link to the Parliamentary Joint committee of intelligence and security which apparently also handling individual complaints about ASIO and so on.

• conducting inquiries into individual complaints about the activities of ASIO, ASIS, DIGO, DIO, DSD or ONA;

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Joint/Intelligence_and_Security

I urge all of you guys whose case awaiting results since 2013/2014 to lodge a complaint to this committee (via email provided). this is the least we can do to make our points even though I doubt that it would be heard properly.

It is annoying to the point that seems our application has been submitted not to DIBP but to a completely irrelevant office since whenever you make an inquiry instead of replying to your individual case they repeating the same bull....

Anyway nothing can be done but to wait.

Below is a link to the Parliamentary Joint committee of intelligence and security which apparently also handling individual complaints about ASIO and so on.

• conducting inquiries into individual complaints about the activities of ASIO, ASIS, DIGO, DIO, DSD or ONA;

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Joint/Intelligence_and_Security

I urge all of you guys whose case awaiting results since 2013/2014 to lodge a complaint to this committee (via email provided). this is the least we can do to make our points even though I doubt that it would be heard properly.

Thanks applicant887, that is a good idea.

What a bout IGIS, do you think it would help to make a complaint through them?

It has been a year that I have applied.

Thanx Svasi , but the thing is I have got birth certificate for all of us but in Hindi and no name on it jut dob, gender and fathers name . I submitted my daughters but co said there is no child name and no mother name . In that scenario what to do ?

If you visit Date/Death registration in local area in India.They can help you provide DOB certificate these days.Dont know if you have time to visit India

I got mine translated and corrected beforehead.. Knew Immigration will ask for it.

Hi every one. ..

I am a bit worried about my case because everyone I know who applied April 2014 and some may 2014 have been asked to provide new AFP..

But they didn't ask me yet. ..what can be the possible reason. .did they forgot my case? ??

No need to worry. as far as I know there is no way you could make sense of the way DIBP is handling cases.

I just checked with a friend who applied April 2014 and was told that he has not been required to submit a new AFP yet. But he also told me that a friend of him was requested to renew his AFP clearance as soon as he made an inquiry about the progress of his case. I bet if you contacted DIBP they would ask you to renew yours either. No logic behind this process at all....

Edited by applicant887

You are absolutely right, there is no logic at all.

they ask for AFP again when they come a cross with your file

Don't worry my friend , I am Iranian too,

Applied on Apr 2014 and still waiting.

My timeline exactly the same of yours.

Did you visit Iran recently?

They consistently change the rules so because of that you need to be lucky to have the easy rules.

I have a friend who is Iranian as well , he got scholarship from Australia , PHD etc but background check took 18 months for him.

so they don't care about your situation or your ability , they just follow the ... rules.