887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

48 minutes ago, su89 said:

Glad to hear that you got contacted.. what i would do is apply for birth certificate and pp asap and upload any recipts or acknoledgements as a proof that you are on the process of getting them..

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Thanks Sue..good suggestion from you.

• Like 1

Dear All,
I applied on 14th of October and CO emailed me today asking for newborn's Birth Certificate (applied for Australian one) and Passport. They asked to provide the docs within 28 days but it may take more time to get the Passport since Birth Certificate not ready yet. Any suggestions from anyone on the same boat?
Now that I think about it, if parents are not permanat residents baby is also getting parents visa right? Can you apply for birth certificate? Sorry I dont know much about this area.. just a thought as not sure what the process is

Just now, su89 said:

Now that I think about it, if parents are not permanat residents baby is also getting parents visa right? Can you apply for birth certificate? Sorry I dont know much about this area.. just a thought as not sure what the process is

Hi Su89,

The present rule is if the neither of the parents is a permanent resident of Australia then the baby will get the parents' visa. So I think when I will upload the docs they will first issue 489 visa for my newborn then 887 visa. But if any of the parents are Australian Permanent resident then the baby will be a citizen of Australia straightway.

Hi Su89,

The present rule is if the neither of the parents is a permanent resident of Australia then the baby will get the parents' visa. So I think when I will upload the docs they will first issue 489 visa for my newborn then 887 visa. But if any of the parents are Australian Permanent resident then the baby will be a citizen of Australia straightway.

We have couple of members who have had babies while waiting for PR.. guys pls help Zubayer..

HI Guys!

Im currently abroad until next week. I just saw this on the immi website. Im not the main applicant, do i have to let them know I am abroad? and how do we do it?  I know i won't get the grant until we are all in Australia. TIA

"You can travel outside Australia while your visa is being processed but you must let us know. This is because you must be in Australia when the visa is decided."

51 minutes ago, heugas said:

HI Guys!

Im currently abroad until next week. I just saw this on the immi website. Im not the main applicant, do i have to let them know I am abroad? and how do we do it?  I know i won't get the grant until we are all in Australia. TIA

"You can travel outside Australia while your visa is being processed but you must let us know. This is because you must be in Australia when the visa is decided."

You should let them know ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heugas said:

HI Guys!

Maybe, best to email them? Email your CO to: adelaide.gsm.team10@homeaffairs.gov.au. Tell them reasons for your travelling and when you are coming back. :) 

You are due for a grant, so I wonder if they may "pre-grant" you 887 visa while you are away? And then followed by full grant when you are back here. It happened to people before. :) 

1 minute ago, Russki said:

Maybe, best to email them? Email your CO to: adelaide.gsm.team10@homeaffairs.gov.au. Tell them reasons for your travelling and when you are coming back. :) 

You are due for a grant, so I wonder if they may "pre-grant" you 887 visa while you are away? And then followed by full grant when you are back here. It happened to people before. :) 

Thanks Russki! My husband just called IMMI but he is 115th on the queue LEGIT so he will email them instead.

I know, we are expecting a grant very soon, this trip was booked ages ago, i didnt expect this would take that long. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, heugas said:

Thanks Russki! My husband just called IMMI but he is 115th on the queue LEGIT so he will email them instead.

I know, we are expecting a grant very soon, this trip was booked ages ago, i didnt expect this would take that long. 

I've heard getting Queen on the phone is easier than Immigration here, ha-ha! I understand, there are so many of us, and only very few of COs. Looks like email is the way to go. :) Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Russki said:

I've heard getting Queen on the phone is easier than Immigration here, ha-ha! I understand, there are so many of us, and only very few of COs. Looks like email is the way to go. :) Good luck.

Hi Russki, can you predict my visa grant date? I applied on 8th Nov 2017 and waiting for the decision desperately as I have so many plans, but can't work out on any until get PR. :arghh:

44 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi Russki, can you predict my visa grant date? I applied on 8th Nov 2017 and waiting for the decision desperately as I have so many plans, but can't work out on any until get PR. :arghh:

Hi 887_2018, I so wish I could predict grants magically! :) :P I can only guess, looking at statistics, that you may get grant or CO contact beginning to mid-April. Hopefully sooner!!! :) 

It is frustrating putting all major plans on hold, we are all so tired of waiting... Won't be long now! 

2 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi 887_2018, I so wish I could predict grants magically! :) :P I can only guess, looking at statistics, that you may get grant or CO contact beginning to mid-April. Hopefully sooner!!! :) 

It is frustrating putting all major plans on hold, we are all so tired of waiting... Won't be long now! 

Thanks mate ?

4 hours ago, Zubayer said:

Dear All,

I applied on 14th of October and CO emailed me today asking for newborn's Birth Certificate (applied for Australian one) and Passport. They asked to provide the docs within 28 days but it may take more time to get the Passport since Birth Certificate not ready yet. Any suggestions from anyone on the same boat?

if you pay extra, you will have the certificate within 5 business day, I applied on July last year and till waiting for grant. Having a baby will delay  your process by at least 6 months, because they will need baby health check and newborn need to be at least 6 months before bupa can do it.

11 hours ago, heugas said:

I'm already abroad :P ,I had a expectation that i would get grant in 3 months  but too streested looking at the status so thought of going home for a while), When I called the Immigration ( Best time to call before 9am AEST,just choose call back option, usually you will get call within in hour) before My travel, they asked my travel dates and informed that they were going to put a note on my profile.However i didn't see anything from my end. Hopefuly it will be visible to CO,

• Like 1

I have two question

1.  Since I came here I am with Bupa Private health insurance and as I have applied for 887 now yesterday I applied for Medicare which I got straight away.
Now my question is whether I should cancel Bupa insurance as that is costing me around $250 (and have a shit service) a month or should I still continue with Private insurance. I am very much confused.Please suggest.

2.  I am expecting promotion in job but in that profile I have to travel to different country, so in that case what do I have to do. Do I have to just inform IMMI via immi account ?

53 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

I have two question

1.  Since I came here I am with Bupa Private health insurance and as I have applied for 887 now yesterday I applied for Medicare which I got straight away.
Now my question is whether I should cancel Bupa insurance as that is costing me around $250 (and have a shit service) a month or should I still continue with Private insurance. I am very much confused.Please suggest.

2.  I am expecting promotion in job but in that profile I have to travel to different country, so in that case what do I have to do. Do I have to just inform IMMI via immi account ?

1) Having a private health insurance is your choice.

2) Yes, you have to inform immigration if you travel prior to 887 visa grant

• Like 1

On 13/03/2018 at 9:16 PM, Russki said:

Hi Haimu,  

Just to clarify: Did you make up time for those 7 weeks holiday? I mean,  did you stay in your regional area for 2 years + 7 weeks?  If yes, you  should be fine.  :)

Hi Russki!  

I’m secondary applicant with my husband but we went on a holiday within 2 years for almost 7 weeks.( 6 weeks in one year and 1 week another year).I even went on 2weeks more holiday. My husband did not waited to complete 7 weeks as he was sure that holiday does not affect. As our original stay and jobs are same. 

But my stay in that area is more than 5 years now and my husband around 11 years. But it really frustating to wait for every hour for the email. They don’t know the cost of waiting is your happiness at stake. 

38 minutes ago, Haimu said:

Hi Russki!  

I’m secondary applicant with my husband but we went on a holiday within 2 years for almost 7 weeks.( 6 weeks in one year and 1 week another year).I even went on 2weeks more holiday. My husband did not waited to complete 7 weeks as he was sure that holiday does not affect. As our original stay and jobs are same. 

But my stay in that area is more than 5 years now and my husband around 11 years. But it really frustating to wait for every hour for the email. They don’t know the cost of waiting is your happiness at stake. 

Hi Haimu,

It looks like your holidays were just brief time overseas of two people who are working full-time and well settled here. I really hope that the Immigration will class your holiday as "short stay" and will grant your visa without trouble. :):) Fingers crossed for you!

35 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi Haimu,

It looks like your holidays were just brief time overseas of two people who are working full-time and well settled here. I really hope that the Immigration will class your holiday as "short stay" and will grant your visa without trouble. :):) Fingers crossed for you!

Russki, seems like you became a professional consultant for everyone about various queries:D good on you mate!

47 minutes ago, Kate said:

Russki, seems like you became a professional consultant for everyone about various queries:D good on you mate!

Thanks Kate, it's funny, I really know no more than most of you on this forum! I just pretend well, ha-ha! Well, we have to have a bit of fun while we are waiting and  some reassurance from each other, otherwise we will go crazy!:confused:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2