887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum but been reading those topics from almost a month now.

I have few questions as well if someone have any idea about them.

(1) when I uploaded the documents, I could not upload the photograph as I exceeded the maximum limit of 60.

Is that a big issue or they will ask me after allocation the case officer?

(2)Are we eligible for interim medicare card or not?

Thanks guys in advance.

8 minutes ago, Tushar Rana said:

Hi Everyone,

(1) when I uploaded the documents, I could not upload the photograph as I exceeded the maximum limit of 60.

Thanks guys in advance.

When you applied mate?

Tushar Rana,

You should have merge files into one files in order to attach documents within the limit. Usually 60 attachments per applicant is quite enough. You must have not merged any documents into one file. It is not a big issue at all if case officer ask later but usually applicants try to submit as much documents as they can in order to get direct grant. But it all depends on case officer as they ask same documents which applicants have already attached earlier. 

Yes, you are eligible for Interim Medicare from the date of your bridging visa issued. Interim Medicare has expiry of one year. You can get Medicare number on the same day you enroll into medicare. They will send medicare card by post which will takes 2 weeks.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Edited by Vayani
  • Like 2

Just now, 887_2018 said:

Good morning guys ??,

Another beautiful day. Wish you all the best. Hopefully we get our grants soon. Keep updated guys

Best of luck everyone :)

I believe that they are doing applications for other visa and not 887 this week, however, still hope for best we never know what come across to us.

13 hours ago, Tushar Rana said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks guys in advance.

Hi Rana,

1. It doesn't matter, if the files have been exceeded the limit of 60. Are you only the applicant, or your spouse or dependent's application is lodged too along with yours? You may attached rest of the documents to your dependent's application(if any), otherwise wait their response and then submit the rest. 

2. You may visit to madicare and show them confirmation email(it would be reflecting in their system too) that you've received from immi.gov. They will issue interim medicare receipt followed by the medicare card that will be delivered to your registered address. 

Regards,

Very very disappointed. 

Early November files are not moving... Don't know when will come to 24th December.

I don't blame the case officer as they are only a few numbers and applicant are huge But why not Department engage more people to clear the backlogs????

Wish there is any way to make complaints about this.

Frankly speaking, every day I check at least 20 times this forum page and feeling sick not to see any grant news.  

Just now, nelakash said:

Very very disappointed. 

Early November files are not moving... Don't know when will come to 24th December.

I don't blame the case officer as they are only a few numbers and applicant are huge But why not Department engage more people to clear the backlogs????

Wish there is any way to make complaints about this.

Frankly speaking, every day I check at least 20 times this forum page and feeling sick not to see any grant news.  

I feel same. But I try to think we will get our grants soon. Sometimes it's hard to convince. But I keep trying. They should contact us someday ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gur 87 said:

Hey Guys 

which is the best way to let department know about travel plan after lodging application ? 

Thanks 

HI Gur 87

When did you lodge the 887 visa?

As far as my knowledge, as long as you have 489 visa valid you do not need to inform DIBP for the travel plan caz you 489 visa has the travel rights. However, if your application is submitted Nov or December 2017 wise decision will be not to travel now unless urgent. 

4 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

I feel same. But I try to think we will get our grants soon. Sometimes it's hard to convince. But I keep trying. They should contact us someday ??

Waiting time never finish I know but I tried my self to stop counting but its counting subconsciously

Just now, Gur 87 said:

Hi nelakash

i have family emergency to deal with and need to leave on urgent basis . I applied on 30 November and I know I’m very close for case officer to open up my application.

Then just book the ticket and fly and try to come early. The family is very important we can handly this later 

Hi nelakash
i have family emergency to deal with and need to leave on urgent basis . I applied on 30 November and I know I’m very close for case officer to open up my application.
You still have atleast 14 days till they open your file looking at current pace.. So dont worry . Inform them and fly.. Do what you have to do.. inform immi as soon as you returm

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk