887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, Nada said:

George, if u observe we are happy that its 12 to 13 months now, it was 12 to 15 months a couple of days before. For me, PR means a lot, esp my child's uni fees. It is a pain, we feel betrayed.

Yeap, I pay childcare, 5 days a week, without the rebate, because we don't have the PR. I used to think I knew that before coming to Australia, so I cannot complain. But when they change the processing time, they are in breach with their part of the "agreement". 

I wouldn't call betrayed, but definitely not fair.

Positive mindset @Nada, that's the only thing we can do now!

44 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

**For your consideration

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

I had a run through on the new website to check on the documents requirement. I am sad to say some of the documents which weren't there or weren't mandatory seems to be now. That will explain why the huge number of form 80 and oversea AFP being ask.

Beside these there are some other additional documents which I see aren't necessary but just redundancy:

1) need to attached marriage cert to partner and yourself

2) on top of payslip, also need to attach employment letter

3) Form 1221, yes and now it appears to be mandatory. what a headache.

4) on top of marriage certificate, need to proof you are staying together.

Please run through again to see what other documents are required.

There certainly seems to be a painful update, ain't it? If I reflect back to what I did, I submitted all of the above except for the Form 1221, which is a real headache. I suggest everyone to submit all supportive documents, however how slim they might seem to relate, i.e. Employment Contract on top of the collection of Salary Slips, attaching Marriage Certificate on your spouse's document upload segment, joint bank accounts/ utility statements, any other bills on your spouse's name will greatly help your chance for a direct grant even if they have not explicitly asked for them.

Best of luck to everyone who is waiting, I'm rooting for the fighting spirits in all of you!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunnysideup said:

**For your consideration

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

I had a run through on the new website to check on the documents requirement. I am sad to say some of the documents which weren't there or weren't mandatory seems to be now. That will explain why the huge number of form 80 and oversea AFP being ask.

Beside these there are some other additional documents which I see aren't necessary but just redundancy:

1) need to attached marriage cert to partner and yourself

2) on top of payslip, also need to attach employment letter

3) Form 1221, yes and now it appears to be mandatory. what a headache.

4) on top of marriage certificate, need to proof you are staying together.

Please run through again to see what other documents are required.

By employment letter, do you mean employment contract or employment reference letter? 

Haven’t they always been on the documents checklist though?

i actually didn’t sign a contract prior to starting my work, and wanted to include this in my statutory declaration, but my agent advised against it...

Hi guys,

I need some advice. I applied for my visa on Jan 10th 2018. I am due to go back to Ireland on Dec 1st until 11th Jan but I was going to cancel my flights and stay until I get my grant. But its looking like they're doing very little work on the 887 visas and I probably wont even get my grant until after 12 months and cancelling my flights will have been for nothing. Its my daughters first Christmas. My guessing most of the COs will be off for 3-4 weeks at least over Christmas, more if they have kids who are off school. So my question is. Will me going home delay my grant by much? Do you reckon I should go or stay? Argh!!! I dont know what to do!

Hi everyone
I have a question regarding my son passport.

I am Indian and my wife is Nepalese. I want to apply Nepalese passport for my son but when i called Nepal embassy,they said u can’t apply as you are not from Nepal.

Anyone with same situation or if any Nepalese in group could you please tell me if its true. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Delfin said:

By employment letter, do you mean employment contract or employment reference letter? 

i actually didn’t sign a contract prior to starting my work, and wanted to include this in my statutory declaration, but my agent advised against it...

I can't answer that for you. I am just reading it off bluntly on the new website. It is still in Beta though.

52 minutes ago, sunnny said:

Hi everyone
I have a question regarding my son passport.

I am Indian and my wife is Nepalese. I want to apply Nepalese passport for my son but when i called Nepal embassy,they said u can’t apply as you are not from Nepal.

Anyone with same situation or if any Nepalese in group could you please tell me if its true. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per my knowledge baby passport will be of father's country rather than the mother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delfin said:

Better to attach employment reference letter , it contains your home address, work address and details of HR for verification

Just now, Harry Potter's Friend said:

Hi team

Do we need to submit form 1221 as well?but I already submitted form 80

Thank you 

Not sure dear. I think better to call immigration support and check with them. Because we all only submit form 80. As form 1221 is smaller version of form 80.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Applied 10/01 said:

Hi guys,

I need some advice. I applied for my visa on Jan 10th 2018. I am due to go back to Ireland on Dec 1st until 11th Jan but I was going to cancel my flights and stay until I get my grant. But its looking like they're doing very little work on the 887 visas and I probably wont even get my grant until after 12 months and cancelling my flights will have been for nothing. Its my daughters first Christmas. My guessing most of the COs will be off for 3-4 weeks at least over Christmas, more if they have kids who are off school. So my question is. Will me going home delay my grant by much? Do you reckon I should go or stay? Argh!!! I dont know what to do!

There is a option of pre grant, you never know u may be granted pre grant. And when u will back to Australia u can inform immi. Team of Ur arrival so they can issue u grant. Anyway at the end of day it's yours call.

3 hours ago, George said:

It sucks Russki,

I had a bad surprise this morning when finally I decided to access my immi account (I haven't done this since the application in April.18) and the estimated process time went from 8-9 months to 12-13 months.😲 That is ridiculous. Your case is even worst... I'm sorry for you.

As I mentioned here before, I'm not very worried about my visa, because my life will not change too much with the PR, but it's unacceptable they keep changing the goal post. I made some hard comments here in the past about people calling and contacting immi before the estimated process time, but they cannot keep moving the dates. There are commitments in our side (to come to Australia, to stay in certain areas, to work etc) and we base this in their commitment to the processing time etc. Not fair.

I'll include my info in the spreadsheet and hope they improve the service level.

Cheers.

Thank you @George! 🙂 And good luck to all of us... A lot of us depend on PR grants for making major life decisions, so I definitely hope the immi will pull their socks up, stop scheming behind our backs and just process our application asap. 🙂 We deserve it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

Ok so what is a pre grant? I've never heard of this

If your file is picked up and assessed while you are away, and if the decision is "direct grant", the immigration will send you a notification about it - a pre-grant. To receive the actual grant you have to be onshore. So once you get a pre-grant, your next step is to get back to Australia, inform immi that you are back, and wait for the actual grant. 🙂 This can take anything from a couple of weeks to several months... 

• Like 2

For over sea AFP, it states...… " an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16"

So which comes first? turned 16 or last 10 years?

Hi guys

according to new website, do we need to submit documents related to relationship with partner. I have attached only marriage certificate only. Co contacted me on 26/07/2018 and asked for residency proof and work proof. 

do i need to submit partner's English proof and our relationship proof ? 

26 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

For over sea AFP, it states...… " an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16"

So which comes first? turned 16 or last 10 years?

16, I guess 😄 😄 😄 

On 11/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, Tpsk said:

My younger son was born in Australia too. They didn't ask for his medical when they granted him 487 visa which is now 489. When my 887 file opened they asked for his medical. That's the way it is 

Hi Tpsk, I have uploaded my sons passport today, Now I have to wait they ask for his medical test when he is 6 month old? Or they might ask before? He got 489 and bridging visa

6 minutes ago, Sara said:

Hi Tpsk, I have uploaded my sons passport today, Now I have to wait they ask for his medical test when he is 6 month old? Or they might ask before? He got 489 and bridging visa

You can go to GP and get letter from GP stating that he is healthy. @B3sT can you please help Sara in this regard 

4 hours ago, Applied 10/01 said:

Ok so what is a pre grant? I've never heard of this

My opinion: Go!!!!

The worst case you will delay your PR in a couple of weeks, maybe months. That is nothing compared to the happiness of your kids and family anxiously waiting for us. Go, don't think twice.

The biggest chance is you receive an email asking for more information. Then doesn't matter if you here or in Irland. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tpsk said:

You can go to GP and get letter from GP stating that he is healthy. @B3sT can you please help Sara in this regard 

Thanks alot, yes please If anyone can help me in this regard because I have already waite for 12 month and for my son medical I have to wait for another 6 month :-(,  I will be thankful If anyone can helpe me to save time