887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Applied 10/01 said:

I was asked for baby’s medical, partners F80 and I’d made a mistake on my F80 which made it look like I’d been in USA for a year when it was only 2 weeks so they asked for a police cert. I just uploaded the flights and explained is made a mistake and that was all fine. 

Hi dear

have you also filled for 1221. I think it’s more like for those who applying from overseas. Mostly section seems to be irrelevant. Can anyone please share fillled form 1221 in PM.

3 minutes ago, Honey said:

Hi dear

have you also filled for 1221. I think it’s more like for those who applying from overseas. Mostly section seems to be irrelevant. Can anyone please share fillled form 1221 in PM.

I am onshore and my agent recommended me to fill 1221 so I did that

• Thanks 1

Hi I’m going to apPly  for 887 but I have question when I came to Australia I have friends where I stayed with for almost 6 month in metro city till I found house because it was very hard to find on in Geelong is it going to affect my 887app please help

You just need to get a stat dec from your friend stating you live with them for 6 months

Hi me and my partner both on 489 regional sponsored visa which was granted on 3rd aug 2016 till 3rd aug 2020. We moved to regional area in April 2017 and are eligible to lodge 887 in April 2019. Partner will be main applicant in 887. Worked in regional full time (may-sep2017). Lost job. Bought his truck and worked as a subcontractor in a courier company with his own ABN. But  we were told that his office is in metro we can’t prove that how many deliveries he did regional and non regional. Then he started Uber in September and will continue till April 2019 till our 2 year  time finishes. Me being the secondary applicant worked june2017-aug2018 in non regional and from September started working in regional area. Recently bought a property in regional too.we came to know even I have not fulfilled the compliance. We are in stress. Please suggest other options/recommendation/suggestion. What alternative we have ? 

15 hours ago, Nsingh said:

Hi me and my partner both on 489 regional sponsored visa which was granted on 3rd aug 2016 till 3rd aug 2020. We moved to regional area in April 2017 and are eligible to lodge 887 in April 2019. Partner will be main applicant in 887. Worked in regional full time (may-sep2017). Lost job. Bought his truck and 

Hi @Nsingh🙂 I think,  a good move for you to talk to a migration agent, just book 1 hour consultation,  $200... 

I think, if you cannot "squeeze" 1 year full time regional work before your 489 runs out,  there is an option to reapply for another 489, like an extension.  But looking at dates, you both should be OK for working and living requirement, so no need to panic. 

You can be main applicant for 887 because you will have 1 year regional full time work by the time of application for 887. 

But looks like your partner also will accumulate 1 year regional full time work working for uber by the time of application,  is it correct?  🙂 he already has 5 months up his sleeve from working for previous employer in 2017.  🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi @Nsingh🙂 I think,  a good move for you to talk to a migration agent, just book 1 hour consultation,  $200... 

I think, if you cannot "squeeze" 1 year full time regional work before your 489 runs out,  there is an option to reapply for another 489, like an extension.  But looking at dates, you both should be OK for working and living requirement, so no need to panic. 

You can be main applicant for 887 because you will have 1 year regional full time work by the time of application for 887. 

But looks like your partner also will accumulate 1 year regional full time work working for uber by the time of application,  is it correct?  🙂 he already has 5 months up his sleeve from working for previous employer in 2017.  🙂

@Nsingh I agree with @Russki here, its best to talk to migration agent. Sometimes we assume lots of things and start the never-ending worry game, just because someone else had assumed in the past. Its best to talk to a professional to come out of the situation.Good Luck!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2019 at 12:46 AM, Applied 10/01 said:

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. @Russki I especially hope you get your  visa soon.

i just wanted to add that I only stayed in Northern Territory for 2 years exactly. I then moved to Perth city, which isn’t regional. I notified the dept about my change in address and it didn’t affect my visa process. But... I wasn’t working in Perth as I was on maternity leave so I’m not sure what would have happened if I had applied for a job. Anyway I just thought I’d mention this as people are always asking if they are allowed to move while their 887 is processing. 

Good luck everyone.. next step citizenship 🇦🇺 

HI @Applied 10/01 do you mean even when visa 489, you can still move to the metropolitan area? 

9 hours ago, Russki said:

Hey Russki, I just checked, I don't think 489 holders are able to extend their visa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delfin said:

Hey Russki, I just checked, I don't think 489 holders are able to extend their visa.

OK, I see. 🙂 I meant more like applying for a new 489 while onshore... My friends did that recently and they got it in just a couple months. I guess, it is because they are already here, working.  

I am honestly a bit scared to advise anything here with little knowledge, I still think, talking to an agent is the best bet for @Nsingh. 🙂  😉 

Hi All,

First of all I wish all of you receive your visa soon:). I have applied for 489 visa which I received recently and we are planning to move to Adelaide in April. I was wondering if -

We can stay in Adelaide and do Work from home for company which is located in another state lets say Melbourne Victoria  till we do not find a job in Adelaide?

Can a company shift us from 489 to permanent visa(company sponsored) while we are on 489?

What is the best localities(safe and in city) to look for a rented home?

Do we have to pay something extra in advance to Landlord/Owner for renting the house apart from rent (as a security deposit)?   

What is the best way to secure a job in Adelaide, through companies or Are there any consultancies for IT sector?

What is the best way to get my resume with cover letter done to secure a job in Adelaide Australia, Can someone refer a company or site who helps to get it done?

Thank you so so much in advance for helping me out 🙂    

Just a quick post and update to try and keep everyone positive ….

for 10-11 months I was as most are -- doing the 887 Hamster Wheel ….

Got my golden email on 26.10.2018 … 7.12.2018 … bought my first Oz Property a brand new 4 bedroom house …. moved in to my new home with my beautiful family ...February 2019 ...

The difficult bit is being patient waiting for the golden email -- I was not patient as I submitted complaints, contacted the Immi Helpline every week ...emailed immigration in Adelaide …

The Golden Email will come eventually ….

I am very thankful for all that I have and the opportunities that the 'Lucky Country' has given me …. Keep the Faith 🙂

Good Luck everyone 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

On 2/9/2019 at 7:42 PM, Nsingh said:

Hi me and my partner both on 489 regional sponsored visa which was granted on 3rd aug 2016 till 3rd aug 2020. We moved to regional area in April 2017 and are eligible to lodge 887 in April 2019. Partner will be main applicant in 887. Worked in regional full time (may-sep2017). Lost job. Bought his truck and worked as a subcontractor in a courier company with his own ABN. But  we were told that his office is in metro we can’t prove that how many deliveries he did regional and non regional. Then he started Uber in September and will continue till April 2019 till our 2 year  time finishes. Me being the secondary applicant worked june2017-aug2018 in non regional and from September started working in regional area. Recently bought a property in regional too.we came to know even I have not fulfilled the compliance. We are in stress. Please suggest other options/recommendation/suggestion. What alternative we have ? 

I think you should seek professional migration lawyers help with your 887  not just with proving the 1 year work requirement in regional but also because it looks like you  have worked in non regional areas for extended period of time and it's best to check with a lawyer how to lodge your file without getting a hard time from co or complicating your case because to my knowledge working in non regional areas is not allowed while on 489 state sponsored visa , if you're still working in non regional you may have to change working locations of your job to limit to regional areas to avoid breaching visa conditions  , so please seek professional help soon to clarify

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

People who have applied through agents.. do they have any information about the processing times n stuff..??  This is getting really stressful now..

I have received a newsletter from a Chinese agent. They said the latest 887 grant within their agent was on 5 Feb 2019, which applied on 1 March 2018. 

No more detailed info in that newsletter, so not sure that was a direct grant or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Waiting for 887 said:

I have received a newsletter from a Chinese agent. They said the latest 887 grant within their agent was on 5 Feb 2019, which applied on 1 March 2018. 

No more detailed info in that newsletter, so not sure that was a direct grant or not.

Thanks for the information - great news for our February guys! 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Waiting for 887 said:

Not sure .. if they have picked up March 2018 file, n not even touched Feb file 😞  totally confused. Sick of waiting and I think few of us already completed 12 Months mark and not even contacted once. 

• Like 1