887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

47 minutes ago, Nsingh said:

I am wondering why did he ask residence proof for that period if your wife didn’t count it in 2 years residency requirements? 

I think Co wants to investigate all the residence and working details when you hold 489 visa or have held, not only focus on 2 years regional residence and one year job 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, satinder said:

Hi Guys , 

i am silent follower on this forum.I need your help , my wife applied 887 on 12/04/18 and got contacted by immigration today.  She moved to Adelaide on 19/3/2016 and lived with my friend's family from 19/3/2016 to 10/04/2016.  She paid them rent in cash and moved to other house which was her residence till 31/1/2019.  CO has asked for documents proving that she stayed in my friend's house for that time.  As this was the temporary accommodation, she didn't change the address and has no other letter or bills for that address.  My friend moved has moved to Melbourne now, I am not sure what should be the best approach and what documents should she give to prove her stay there.  

As per the requirement of staying in regional area for 2 years, she counted the days from 11/04/2016 and not from 19/3/2016.  Please suggest.

Hi, was she living in another state or offshore when 489 was granted? 

11 hours ago, sunnny said:

Hi All
Just contacted by CO for updated AFP
Applied 3rd April
Already updated my updated AFP last month, should i re attach it? Russki can you please help with this,same like urs situation thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@sunny l think Ruskki rang them and explained that she had uploaded new AFP try that tomorrow. Good luck

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Bkht said:

Hi everyone, i have been following this page silently in a regular basis. And i am very happy to share u all people that i got my grant today at 3:15 pm.  And wish everyone all the very best.                                                    Applied date-15/03/2018.                                                       Direct grant - 21/05/2019.                                       Co- Dan

Congratulations!!! 🙂 🎉🎉🎉 Grants keep coming!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkht said:

Hi everyone, i have been following this page silently in a regular basis. And i am very happy to share u all people that i got my grant today at 3:15 pm.  And wish everyone all the very best.                                                    Applied date-15/03/2018.                                                       Direct grant - 21/05/2019.                                       Co- Dan

Congratulations on your grant, quick question how many people were included in your application? Thanks 

11 hours ago, sunnny said:

Hi All
Just contacted by CO for updated AFP
Applied 3rd April
Already updated my updated AFP last month, should i re attach it? Russki can you please help with this,same like urs situation thanks

Hi @sunnny, it keeps happening over and over lately. 😞 So what I did is I called them and I said I had uploaded a new AFP already. They said they cannot find it (REALLY?). So I uploaded same AFP again and called them 2 days later to check if they can "see" it this time. They said they could. I told them that I am heading towards 2 years waiting and getting beyond frustrated. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys , 
i am silent follower on this forum.I need your help , my wife applied 887 on 12/04/18 and got contacted by immigration today.  She moved to Adelaide on 19/3/2016 and lived with my friend's family from 19/3/2016 to 10/04/2016.  She paid them rent in cash and moved to other house which was her residence till 31/1/2019.  CO has asked for documents proving that she stayed in my friend's house for that time.  As this was the temporary accommodation, she didn't change the address and has no other letter or bills for that address.  My friend moved has moved to Melbourne now, I am not sure what should be the best approach and what documents should she give to prove her stay there.  
As per the requirement of staying in regional area for 2 years, she counted the days from 11/04/2016 and not from 19/3/2016.  Please suggest.

Can u let us know, which CO
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, T 09042018 said:

Hi Guys,

I'm a silent follower of this forum,

I applied 887 visa on 09/04/2018,  and got Direct Grant today 21/05/2019!! 🎉🎊🎋🌻

>>>

Wish you all a quick direct grant!  (Please update me in the forum)

GOOOOOOOD LUCKKKKKKKK guys!! 🍀

Congratulations!!! 🎉🤗 You see guys - it is silent followers who are blocking the queue! Hahahaha!!!! 😉 Enjoy your grant mate!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, adam said:

@Simmie

my PCC and the AFP were both expired on April 2019!

pls advise as it is not easy to issue another PCC

Hi Adam i have only submited new AFP .. as we didn't travel out of the country . 

M not sure about current PCC application process .. may have to ask some senior members.

Good luck. 

April!April!April!
then will be my turn!!!
May!May!May!
I think your one will be not too far away. If they can finilise all the April applicant it should be easy one for them. Hopefully by end of this month they can able to finilise April file.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, satinder said:

Hi Guys , 

Get stat Dec from your friend thay your wife stayed with their family for that many days.. Thanks 

On 5/17/2019 at 11:13 PM, Russki said:

Guys, THANK YOU all so much for your warm wishes and congratulations, we are such a great community here, big family! 🙂 🙂 The grant news are very slowly sinking in... I guess, tomorrow it will feel more real. And I am not blocking the queue any more! 😄 😄 😄  Congrats to all who got grants and CO contacts today! 🎉🤗🎉

Peaceful happy bear on the avatar now, as requested by the forum members! 😄 I will stay on the forum for a while longer to keep you guys company. 🙂  

Congrats my friend.

I think your case was a case study for them.... You deserve much more and much better.

God bless you. 

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone

I got my 489 visa last week

I am living in Melbourne right now

can you please tell me that how long we can live in metro after 489 grant ?

because we have lease on our name and working full time. Company wants 3 weeks notice and looking for lease transfer. 

I may take upto 3 months. 

What is your suggestion ?

thanks in advance

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

Hey guys, on form 1221. Question 16, “have you previously held an Australian visa?” As it mentioned “previously”do we need to write down 489 visa or not? Or just write the student visa before 489 will do? Just want to clarify. Cheers

489 and student visa

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pawan Preet said:

Hello everyone

because we have lease on our name and working full time. Company wants 3 weeks notice and looking for lease transfer. 

thanks in advance

ill suggest check Area code in which you can stay with Visa 489. Because for Applying PR you have to show exactly 2 years in Suggested areas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pawan Preet said:

Hello everyone

thanks in advance

I have heard that there is some "grace" period, 6 months from the 489 grant date or something, I don't remember. After that you have to go to regional area (or designated, according to your visa). 🙂 

I think, you may have to ask an agent about this and ring immigration, too. I am just too scared to advise, I don't want to get you into trouble. 😉 Anybody else knows about this?

10 hours ago, Just do it... said:

Get stat Dec from your friend thay your wife stayed with their family for that many days.. Thanks 

hi mate, what I understood is that now your friend has moved out of Adelaide and you find it difficult to get Stat Dec from him? if that is the case, your wife can sign a Stat Dec and say that she stayed that period of time in that address. One of my fried did the same thing. However, anyone else having the same experience? 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:03 PM, dar8 said:

Hi trendzinn , this is what i found on RDA orana official website , 

"The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has advised that once you have been granted your 489 visa on-shore applications for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) should relocate to a regional area within 3 months.

RDA Orana expects all its Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) nominees to relocate to the region as soon as practical (within approximately 3 months) after being granted their visa.

If requested, a nominee who fails to commence living in a regional area immediately after being granted the 489 visa must be able to provide evidence to justify the delay. failure to provide such evidence may result in a finding that the nominee has breached the condition of their Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)."

https://www.rdaorana.org.au/frequently-asked-questions-489/

however one thing to note is that this only mentions living in non regional area for the initial 3 months after a 489 is granted onshore, and does not mention anything about working in non regional for 3 months , it also states that if required the visa holder will have to explain with evidence why they could not live in regional immediately after the grant if they cannot provide evidence to explain why they did not live in regional after the grant when required by immigration this will be considered as a breach of visa conditions , so i  strongly suggest that your friend seek professional guidance to see how she/he should submit their 887 application to avoid any complications. 

This was on the forum earlier this week. This is not my research, just sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1