28 minutes ago, Mel 887 said:

Received finally

Applied 12/06/2018

Granted 18/06/2019

Direct grant

CO Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats mate.enjoy your freedom.

Just quick question did you submit Ielts/pte  for your partner? 

2 hours ago, Nimmi said:

I am tired of waiting too.. I complained yesterday that i have even completed 18 months.. but got the usual reply..so upsetting..I don’t know why they are not giving us grant.. i have submitted all requested documents within 28 days and after requesting documents sophorn go for  3 months holidays... not fair...

I know it’s not fair, we are so upset with it all.

Strange that we have the same agent.. Maybe they are away 🤔

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Congrats mate.enjoy your freedom.

Just quick question did you submit Ielts/pte  for your partner? 

We provided Ielts at the time of 489...

And haven’t submitted 1221

Overseas police clearance and afp just updated last week

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Nudgee, we have seen applicants been granted PR in less than a year, so once again I reiterate that if all the documents are complete and uploaded then the CO can issue a grant once they review the first time around. If documents are not correct then the CO may need to return to the application, and therefore may take 16 to 18 months. That's my take!!

Its only for us mate who As soon as close by hitting the time,they again increase,lodge by 24 jan18 

2 hours ago, VIno said:

Hi need some advice.

I applied 887 on 20 Feb 2018 and I got my grant on 5/06/2019. The next day I applied for the centrelink befnifit by claiming. Today i got a call from Centrelink,they said the rules has been changed I will be eligible for centrelink benefit once getting PR I need wait for 2 years to get centre link benefits. Is that true. I am not sure can someone share your experience.

Thanks vino

Omg is this true??? What about schooling and everything? We won’t get any benefits after getting 887? But we are eligible for citizenship after a year right? Doesn’t make sense. 

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Nudgee, we have seen applicants been granted PR in less than a year, so once again I reiterate that if all the documents are complete and uploaded then the CO can issue a grant once they review the first time around. If documents are not correct then the CO may need to return to the application, and therefore may take 16 to 18 months. That's my take!!

Omg. So when they requested for additional documents, does it mean the file goes all the way back to the queue??? That is so unfair and ridiculous. 

52 minutes ago, Nimmi said:

Mine too CO sophorn.. 😓

Guys, don't despair. 🙂 You are not actually attached to CO Sophorn. 

These days files are not allocated to only one CO, your file is assessed by any random CO and placed back in the "pool". Next time most likely it will be picked up by another CO 😉 😄 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Farha said:

Omg is this true??? What about schooling and everything? We won’t get any benefits after getting 887? But we are eligible for citizenship after a year right? Doesn’t make sense. 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/topics/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period/30726

Yes, still the same rule for citizenship eligibility. 🙂 Thanks God!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mel 887 said:

We provided Ielts at the time of 489...

And haven’t submitted 1221

Overseas police clearance and afp just updated last week

Thank you for the update. I applied on 15th june 2018 including 2 kids. Hoping for tomorrow 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/topics/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period/30726
Yes, still the same rule for citizenship eligibility. [emoji846] Thanks God!
@Russki, immigration is processing last year June at this moment. They have updated the processing time to 16-18 months. Any idea behind extended processing time, we were hopping for 12 month but didn't happen.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Russki said:

These days files are not allocated to only one CO, your file is assessed by any random CO and placed back in the "pool". Next time most likely it will be picked up by another CO 😉 😄 

You may be right but CO Sophorn contacted me on 26 th feb .  After a long silence on 3 june CO Sophorn requested AFP again with child medical. No other CO Contacted...

4 hours ago, darwinsingh said:

Me too CO sophorn. applied 14 feb 2018 still waiting after submitting docs requested by CO.

anyone else with CO sophorn ?

1 hour ago, Russki said:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VIno said:

Hi need some advice.

I applied 887 on 20 Feb 2018 and I got my grant on 5/06/2019. The next day I applied for the centrelink befnifit by claiming. Today i got a call from Centrelink,they said the rules has been changed I will be eligible for centrelink benefit once getting PR I need wait for 2 years to get centre link benefits. Is that true. I am not sure can someone share your experience.

Thanks vino

@VIno could you pl tell what centrelink benefits you are asking? Childcare Subsidy or other benefit?

i applied for CRN number but heard something similar, so really want to know if Childcare subsidy also takes 4 year.

thanks

Hello guys 

I have question regarding Job location. 

I am on 489 visa and living in geelong regional area of Vic 

I am working as truck driver with company based in geelong. But I go to metro area daily for delivery and pickup 

is it right ?

or Do I need to stay in regional area if I’m on 489 ?

please help me with this. Because I have met lot of migration agents and all says different things. 

Thanks