887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

38 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I applied in May 2018 and no contact yet, already submitted complaint. Sorry guys I normally stay positive but recently promotion pass by and I am really upset that I cannot get that job because it’s a permanent position and my visa is not eligible for the role. I am still on a contract. I have no word to describe this government. I don’t wanna sound negative but I really hate my current job and that’s why I am so upset we are stuck and have no choice. Don’t be affected by my emotion we will be fine one day...

I understand you 

I am stuck at this regional area which innate 

it is sooo hot 🥵 we have been here 3.5 years and we are so isolated 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Stellajane said:

snapshot of my immiaccount

Capture2.PNG

Pathetic. Regret my decision to go ahead with 489, I should've gone with 189 though the processing time was a bit long those days. 

don't know what to do than waiting. Petitions, Media really didn't work it seems.

Pathetic. Regret my decision to go ahead with 489, I should've gone with 189 though the processing time was a bit long those days. 
don't know what to do than waiting. Petitions, Media really didn't work it seems.
Whattt, why not go 189 but 489?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SJay said:

Waiting time was 1-1.5 years those days in 2016. for 489 it was only 1.5 months to receive the EOI. 😞 

But I regret it too because 189 is way too much better 

if you don’t come on residency to Australia ..you will face a very hard time in all aspects 

Waiting time was 1-1.5 years those days in 2016. for 489 it was only 1.5 months to receive the EOI. [emoji20] 
Ah yeah make sense. I thought you could just keep your EOI for 189 and wait for the invitation. If it was issued, then just fork out the money and lodge it while on 489. 189 processing is always faster. I just got an information on updated 189 visa processing time: its now 18-33 months lol. Looks like the immi will prioritize us 887 and some other regional soon. Hopefully mate :(

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just had a word with my MARA consultant about timings and his advise is to be organised and ensure all your documents are uploaded and updated.

He received one grant today for the application filed on Aug 10, 2018. Gives me tremendous hope.🤩

All the best to us.

• Like 3