887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

23 hours ago, jmwreck said:

exactly, no jobs here and people on Facebook groups (locals/migrants) are battling unemployment. 

You're right, very hard to get a job, just cleaning and hospitality stuffs and uber is very struggled at the moment. I got luck that got a job on my occupation (civil engineering drafter). Rent is very expensive too. Salary very low, I could get a job in Brisbane with  40% higher salary. Townsville I think is worst than Sunshine Coast.... , am I right?

21 minutes ago, Inaz said:

Alhamdhulilla.......

Finally got our GRANT......

Applied : 14/08/2019

Direct grant: 24/10/2019

CO : Wilson 

Applicants : Family (3 applicants) 

My son is 4 years and did his medical for 489 and therefore did not ask for his medical for 887.

Updated docs in June:
- AFP for both me and my wife
- new tenancy agreement

- new employment contract 
- updated overseas police clearance for both me and my wife (we went to home country). 

Thanks for all your support. 

Thanks to almighty....😊😊😊

Whoohoo! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing! This made my day! 

23 minutes ago, Inaz said:

Alhamdhulilla.......

My son is 4 years and did his medical for 489 and therefore did not ask for his medical for 887.

Updated docs in June:
- new tenancy agreement

- updated overseas police clearance for both me and my wife (we went to home country). 

@Inaz Congrats mate. Is that Aug 2019 you applied and you got the grant within 2 months ? correct me if I am wrong ? 

33 minutes ago, Akie said:

@Inaz Congrats mate. Is that Aug 2019 you applied and you got the grant within 2 months ? correct me if I am wrong ? 

It is typo .. it should be 2018 .. refer to comments which says .. 

timeline Applied august 2018 

updated in June 2019

Grant in October 2019

Updated docs in June:
- new tenancy agreement

33 minutes ago, MPK said:

Hi all,

Are we eligible to sponsored parents(family sponsored visiting visa:600) while in bridging visa?

I have seen somebody sponsored parent in this forum.

TIA,

MPK

yes you can ..my friend gave invitation letter for their parents when he was on bridging visa

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, au$$ie said:

yes you can ..my friend gave invitation letter for their parents when he was on bridging visa

1 hour ago, X76804 said:

any grants????

Hey I wanna share my friend timeline

grant grant grant 

applied on 17/08/18 From Adelaide 

granted  today family of 2 it was direct grant at 3.30 pm

Co  Wilson

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Skaur said:

Feeling very sad because I always try to answer if I know anything on this forum but when I asked a question and so many people have the answer but still no one bothers to answer 

Sorry mate, I cannot help you with your query regarding Hapid. I've got no experience regarding that topic.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Skaur said:

So many people got it but no one comes in front to help. Thanks for answering anyways 

@Skaur I beleive people here always are looking for the grants rather than helping here. I also have a same experience. All members have filled the online application 887 but when I asked for help nobody gave a clear answer

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Akie said:

@Skaur I beleive people here always are looking for the grants rather than helping here. I also have a same experience. All members have filled the online application 887 but when I asked for help nobody gave a clear answer

@Akie, sad to hear that you think that way. I believe that many people find this forum when they have already applied some time ago, thinking that they would have received their grant sooner. When that doesn't happen they try to find answers and then they find this forum. So for a lot of people filling out the 887 application and form 80 is already been some time ago. Hence that might be that some might be a bit unsure about answering. Also, heaps of information can be found online on the department website also.

Secondly, please note that every case is different. Being married, single, with kids, without kids, partner that came later onto the 489 visa, which state your in and so on. Nobody can give you the exact answer on many questions. We all give answers out of our own experiences. 

I truly believe that most of us are really trying to help one another so I regret that you feel that way.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Inaz said:

Alhamdhulilla.......

Updated docs in June:
- new tenancy agreement

Congrats mate. Enjoy your grant. 

On 10/23/2019 at 10:28 AM, Stellajane said:

The first question back to you is, what level of English does your partner have and which docs can proof that? Did your partner do an IELTS test or has your partner studied in Australia? We need a few more parameters to work with here in order to be able to answer your question.

@Stellajane : We have letter from college that medium of education was English

Here is some explanation for those who work as a uber delivery food driver. You need ABN as you work as a contractor

We have had a number of inquiries around claiming 12 months of work for the 887 visa (which is the PR step for 489 visa holder) where the work is as an Uber driver.

We have received the following policy advice from DHA

"...To meet the work requirement of a Skilled Regional 887 visa, the applicant must demonstrate they have worked 35 hours per week, with this work being full time. Where necessary, a visa 887 applicant may "add together" the hours worked in two part-time or casual positions to meet the full-time work requirement.

For Uber, taxi and food delivery drivers, the department would consider their employment as contractor and self-employed. Evidence provided as part of a visa application would need to show turnover and costs to reflect the client having worked full time for 35 hours per week. This evidence can include, but is not limited to, ATO Tax Notification, fuel and vehicle costs, bank statements, profit/loss statement..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1