sunnyside

6 hours ago, Inaz said:

Alhamdhulilla.......

Finally got our GRANT......

Applied : 14/08/2019

Direct grant: 24/10/2019

CO : Wilson 

Applicants : Family (3 applicants) 

My son is 4 years and did his medical for 489 and therefore did not ask for his medical for 887.

Updated docs in June:
- AFP for both me and my wife
- new tenancy agreement

- new employment contract 
- updated overseas police clearance for both me and my wife (we went to home country). 

Thanks for all your support. 

Thanks to almighty....😊😊😊

An August 2018 applicant, congrats mate!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Guil said:

You're right, very hard to get a job, just cleaning and hospitality stuffs and uber is very struggled at the moment. I got luck that got a job on my occupation (civil engineering drafter). Rent is very expensive too. Salary very low, I could get a job in Brisbane with  40% higher salary. Townsville I think is worst than Sunshine Coast.... , am I right?

sorry for the off topic. 

Great, we're on the same boat, worked as a bank cleaner in my first couple of months here. Then got recommended to join a farm as a quality controller. Doing another part-time as a construction cleaner just to add to the working hours in the farm.

I'm an architecture draftsman by the way. Do you have any vacancies?😊

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stellajane said:

@Akie, sad to hear that you think that way. I believe that many people find this forum when they have already applied some time ago, thinking that they would have received their grant sooner. When that doesn't happen they try to find answers and then they find this forum. So for a lot of people filling out the 887 application and form 80 is already been some time ago. Hence that might be that some might be a bit unsure about answering. Also, heaps of information can be found online on the department website also.

Secondly, please note that every case is different. Being married, single, with kids, without kids, partner that came later onto the 489 visa, which state your in and so on. Nobody can give you the exact answer on many questions. We all give answers out of our own experiences. 

I truly believe that most of us are really trying to help one another so I regret that you feel that way.  

@Stellajane: I agree....we always get help.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Akie said:

@Skaur I beleive people here always are looking for the grants rather than helping here. I also have a same experience. All members have filled the online application 887 but when I asked for help nobody gave a clear answer

Not a fair statement to make; all of us try to help with best abilities whenever we can and with whatever personal experiences we have. Everyone cannot have experience with all the situations hence its always best to either call DIBP or check there site which has step wise details.

Just to share an experience; Yesterday i asked one question and did not get any response doesn't mean that people don't want to help but i would like to believe that members here probably don't have any experience with such situation; its always whether glass is half full or half empty situation; nevertheless all the best!!

• Like 5

@Akie, with the number of questions and queries that you are making, I suggest you go through an agent. Understand that it is costly but at the end it will save your life and time. Please don't be disrespected but checking your quotes for the last 4 weeks, it seems you have raised queries for each question of the every form form.

Happy to help you, but as some friend mentioned here case by case is different and you might not get accurate information.

Ta

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Doman said:

@Akie, with the number of questions and queries that you are making, I suggest you go through an agent. Understand that it is costly but at the end it will save your life and time. Please don't be disrespected but checking your quotes for the last 4 weeks, it seems you have raised queries for each question of the every form form.

Happy to help you, but as some friend mentioned here case by case is different and you might not get accurate information.

Ta

@Doman OK so what is this forum actually for? Can you please clarify? I understand everyone's situation is different like some have kids, some are single. Is this forum just to monitor who got the grant and what is the timeline only and then congratulate that person who got the grant and ask him then who is your case officer? Is that what this forum is for? Well I believe this forum is for helping each other with their experiences rather than pointing fingers on each other and referring to agent which is rude. If I know something which I have experience about I definitely share that in the forum and I have been an active member of this forum for quite a while now. So no hard feelings. If you feel offended by answering to anyone's queries then God help you 

Cheers 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Akie said:

@Doman OK so what is this forum actually for? Can you please clarify? I understand everyone's situation is different like some have kids, some are single. Is this forum just to monitor who got the grant and what is the timeline only and then congratulate that person who got the grant and ask him then who is your case officer? Is that what this forum is for? Well I believe this forum is for helping each other with their experiences rather than pointing fingers on each other and referring to agent which is rude. If I know something which I have experience about I definitely share that in the forum and I have been an active member of this forum for quite a while now. So no hard feelings. If you feel offended by answering to anyone's queries then God help you 

Cheers 

@AkieNot sure you feel you got offended and feel people are rude if they advise you to consult with agent. We are trying to avoid misleading you or giving you wrong answers. 

I am sure this form is here to help everyone to proceed on his/her application if they have basic understanding of the 887 Visa application. But you are gonna be fair. I personally answered at least 5 questions to you in private messages and minimum 5 questions in this forum. I am sure some others did the same thing to you. Trying to understand why you got upset. lets be a bit fair my friend. 

As i said, happy to help you further...

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Akie said:

Cheers 

Listen mate, this is a voluntary forum, and is very helpful. It just seems that you are frustrated when you do not get an immediate answer to your queries, this is not an on-demand service. We can only give opinions. Some of us had to pay for advice through agents so you have no right to make demands. Get off your high horse and if you don't like what you see then take some $ out of your pocket and pay an agent.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Listen mate, this is a voluntary forum, and is very helpful. It just seems that you are frustrated when you do not get an immediate answer to your queries, this is not an on-demand service. We can only give opinions. Some of us had to pay for advice through agents so you have no right to make demands. Get off your high horse and if you don't like what you see then take some $ out of your pocket and pay an agent.

@TakeItOnTheChin Mate it looks like u are more frustrated because of waiting times. Listen mate I neither demanded for help nor i am begging anyone to help. If anyone can help with what he has experieced that is always appreciated. I just gave my opinion as to what everyone is here for and  I beleive everyone is here to share their experiences. Redirecting to agent anyone can do that

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Akie said:

@TakeItOnTheChin Mate it looks like u are more frustrated because of waiting times. Listen mate I neither demanded for help nor i am begging anyone to help. If anyone can help with what he has experieced that is always appreciated. I just gave my opinion as to what everyone is here for and  I beleive everyone is here to share their experiences. Redirecting to agent anyone can do that

I have no frustrations, only negative members like you that create a bad vibe. Yes anyone can get an agent, including you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Preax said:

Does this mean Tianjin was contacted within 5 months?

image.thumb.png.4941913d5074c438941febdd1a58dbfa.png

I do believe so yes. Occasionally we have got those lucky odd ones that get contacted very quickly but this does not mean that he will also receive his grant soon. He might be in for the long wait also. We will never understand how it works.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

I do believe so yes. Occasionally we have got those lucky odd ones that get contacted very quickly but this does not mean that he will also receive his grant soon. He might be in for the long wait also. We will never understand how it works.

I somehow feel that i should not get contacted for anything other than direct grant as file goes back in que😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

the website says they still process applications that were received in August 2018, thats a bit confusing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

We all do and it is such a scary feeling. 

I made my consultant check all the documents once again;

Just hoping for the best for everyone; its the hardest thing to be on 489 but well we chose this; But i am sure we will emerge strongest, rational and successful.... Its not easy to stand these conditions....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Preax said:

the website says they still process applications that were received in August 2018, thats a bit confusing. 

I think this is just to put a recent month so that it look good...

they can't mention that they have not touched complete files from JAN, FEB or may be earlier 🙂

15 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

As I said, we will never understand how they actually work.

Because we have one sided version of this process.. most of which are assumptions based on experience or how an individual case was processed. 

Fair process would be like.. Department clearly states what will be the process like till you receive the grant. .. end of the day it is service provided and fees charged. 

Step 1  - Application submission

2. - Case allocation by XX time

3. verification of the case XX time 

4. Questions/Clarification XX time

5. Decision  XX time post submission to step 4

• Like 3