887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

39 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Thanks! 

I've always worked with this one, which is the #html view one where one cannot amend or play but it went blank on me this morning. 

It is back in the correct format now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/htmlview#

@Stellajane Thanks..

Quick across observation across 510 applicants who received grant from 2017 and 2018,  which should be 510*3/4 = 1500 /2000applicants as per DIBP stats  the average time to receive grants is around 11 months..which does not look that bad.

If the documentation is all updated one can be hopeful... think by now all know the importance of getting documentation right in first instance.

• Like 4

@TTTF, I agree.

I made a graph once (august I reckon it was) where I looked into the direct grants - which is typically also first look into ones file by the CO. And you can see that I estimated 12-14 months is generally when a CO opens your file for the first time. 

They seem to still be following this estimate. Fingers crossed.

Left is months waited / bottom is application month for 887

Capture.thumb.PNG.e71237219251f33fa964a5ca1a2241b3.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Dee said:

Did anyone here fill up Form 47a and got grant without any questions from CO?? TIA

@Dee Was anyone asked to fill that form ? Does that make life of a CO easy even if we fill alll the details of the partner in her separate form 80 and form 1221? Is this form required? 

2 minutes ago, Akie said:

@Dee Was anyone asked to fill that form ? Does that make life of a CO easy even if we fill alll the details of the partner in her separate form 80 and form 1221? Is this form required? 

This form is for dependent kids who are 18. I would highly recommend you going through the step-by-step requirements for 887 mentioned on Immigration site. Every single detail is mentioned there. All the Best! 

20 hours ago, TTTF said:

Direct option is a better one this time around.. writing a group email  to the minister - DHA  and copying the PM in that.. probably also copy a media house to get them interested in the story 

With regional visas in so much of focus this issue will get some highlight..

But the trend shows that, if the documentation is correct and up to date applicants are getting grant in 12 to 16 months.. which is still on a higher side but better compared to current timeline. 

@TTTF  Thanks mate. Another group email is required? I would to be one of followers if someone is able to organize this group email. I mean, we have seen quote a lot efforts in several rounds, though the rival is quote tough but not always unconquerable, especially politician. Peter Dutton is powerful and primary dicision-maker on visa policy, but right the moment the noisy voice against him within government is getting louder, and he is so notorious among parties.... we can see the light there, so as long we don't give up, keep on some smart actions, to gain what we should get.... 

1 hour ago, Seacity112 said:

@TTTF  Thanks mate. Another group email is required? I would to be one of followers if someone is able to organize this group email. I mean, we have seen quote a lot efforts in several rounds, though the rival is quote tough but not always unconquerable, especially politician. Peter Dutton is powerful and primary dicision-maker on visa policy, but right the moment the noisy voice against him within government is getting louder, and he is so notorious among parties.... we can see the light there, so as long we don't give up, keep on some smart actions, to gain what we should get.... 

In order to have a response back/escalate/follow up  we need a point of contact hence a email address .. background and context on this issue was shared on this forum few days earlier as part of the SBS article, that might require minor edits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lan said:

so we can buy the house without PR?489 visa can or not?why my agent said no

Yes, you definitely can buy a house on a 489. But it will not be cheap. 

You have to remember:

- You need to submit an application with the FIRB. Cost around $5000 - update $6500 now

more info: https://firb.gov.au/guidance-resources/guidance-notes/gn2

- Stamp duty applies as normal, and First Home grant may be applied for. For this you need to talk with your solicitor who does all the paperwork when purchasing a property.

- Additional stamp duty applies which is different from state to state. But is what I thought sitting around 7%

- Not all banks offer a loan to temporary residents, so it is likely that one will pay higher interest rates that those who hold PR.

You can calculate what the costs may be here:

https://stampduty.calculatorsaustralia.com.au/

Edited by Stellajane
updated information on FIRB cost

[mention=4309]TTTF[/mention], I agree.
I made a graph once (august I reckon it was) where I looked into the direct grants - which is typically also first look into ones file by the CO. And you can see that I estimated 12-14 months is generally when a CO opens your file for the first time. 
They seem to still be following this estimate. Fingers crossed.

Left is months waited / bottom is application month for 887
Capture.thumb.PNG.e71237219251f33fa964a5ca1a2241b3.PNG
I think the current timeframe does not apply to earlier applicants, its more for the current applicants at the time of their lodgement. When I did my lodgement, it showed 12-14 months, which makes sense to the current rate though. Hopefully I can get my application assigned to CO soon. Finger crossed!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

If went to home country for few weeks in 2 years then do we need to mention it in Form 80 ?

18. Have you travelled to any country other than Australia in the last 10 years?

Yes- entire travel break-up if any should be updated.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Skaur said:

Guys I asked for my son's hapid through feedback form and got reply today with a no. Officer said global feedback unit can't do anything. Very disappointed any suggestions please 

I know so many people got hapid through feedback please reply someone.

Alhamdhulilla.......

Finally got our GRANT......

Applied : 14/08/2019

Direct grant: 24/10/2019

CO : Wilson 

Applicants : Family (3 applicants) 

My son is 4 years and did his medical for 489 and therefore did not ask for his medical for 887.

Updated docs in June:
- AFP for both me and my wife
- new tenancy agreement

- new employment contract 
- updated overseas police clearance for both me and my wife (we went to home country). 

Thanks for all your support. 

Thanks to almighty....😊😊😊

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Inaz said:

Alhamdhulilla.......

Finally got our GRANT......

Applied : 14/08/2019

Direct grant: 24/10/2019

CO : Wilson 

Applicants : Family (3 applicants) 

My son is 4 years and did his medical for 489 and therefore did not ask for his medical for 887.

Updated docs in June:
- AFP for both me and my wife
- new tenancy agreement

- new employment contract 
- updated overseas police clearance for both me and my wife (we went to home country). 

Thanks for all your support. 

Thanks to almighty....😊😊😊

Great News, Have a party now.

• Like 1