887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, lan said:

september not apply yet

Dear all Seniors,

i would like to get your advice on my 887 application. I will be meet the requirement to lodge via 887 at the end of this month. I am trying to fill in application in advance then I can submit it on the day that I am eligible, however, when I attempt to do this there an error message pop up.

Is it because I cannot do it before my time or my account has problem?

your advice is highly appreciated. 

Hi all.. I applied 887 on 13/9/18 and I’m still on 489 visa . Planned to travel overseas for a month. Should I inform my travel? If then should I inform before I go or after I come back? How should I inform if I need to. Thank you in advance [emoji846]
September file is open now, you should wait before you go otherwise your file will be on hold until you come back. End of the day, its your call to go for holiday or not. If your 489 still valid until you come back no need to inform immigration.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Maxzone said:

September file is open now, you should wait before you go otherwise your file will be on hold until you come back. End of the day, its your call to go for holiday or not. If your 489 still valid until you come back no need to inform immigration.

Thanks for your reply. Will they automatically hold my application if I travel overseas? 

Thanks for your reply. Will they automatically hold my application if I travel overseas? 
The rule is you need to be onshore during your lodgement and during your grant. If you are lucky you can get pre-grant notification. Once you get that, you need to be onshore and let immigration know you are in Australia. Then it will take some time to get your PR. It's up to you now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

The rule is you need to be onshore during your lodgement and during your grant. If you are lucky you can get pre-grant notification. Once you get that, you need to be onshore and let immigration know you are in Australia. Then it will take some time to get your PR. It's up to you now.

FYI pre grant usually mean immigration will  give grant once u land Australia however there is also high chance case  officer may ask  PCC from overseas 🙂

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kazi Sonia Afroze said:

What is alias name?

It simply mean, if the applicant been known by any other name. The name is different then passport name, I am not sure when case officer asked for Alias name. September is open now, you can relief now. It's just a matter of time that your file will be allocated soon. I wish it could be this month. Please check your attachment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, qld said:

the application will not go further untill its 2 years for example ur  489 was approved on 25/11/2017 , application for 887 will go further on 25/11/2019 

so wait until its 2 years of your 489 grant date

good luck

Thank you so much for your respond. I will wait until the date then. There’s another question, can I submit the application without IELTS and Police clearance from my country? Can I upload it later after submission? 

Thanks again for your respond. 

8 hours ago, Maxzone said:

It simply mean, if the applicant been known by any other name. The name is different then passport name, I am not sure when case officer asked for Alias name. September is open now, you can relief now. It's just a matter of time that your file will be allocated soon. I wish it could be this month. Please check your attachment. 

Thanks brother. My all documents already updated last month. Now let’s see when my door will open.

Hi all, I received my visa 489 grant on February 2018. From my understanding, I can apply for a visa 887 after 2 years of living in a designated area. However, I have traveled multiple times out of the country during the first two years and the total accumulated time is up to 3-4 months. Do I have to take this into account when applying for this visa? Does that mean I can only apply after June 2020?

3 hours ago, Lucky9 said:

Thank you so much for your respond. I will wait until the date then. There’s another question, can I submit the application without IELTS and Police clearance from my country? Can I upload it later after submission? 

Thanks again for your respond

you can

1 hour ago, Jie Mee said:

Hi all, I received my visa 489 grant on February 2018. From my understanding, I can apply for a visa 887 after 2 years of living in a designated area. However, I have traveled multiple times out of the country during the first two years and the total accumulated time is up to 3-4 months. Do I have to take this into account when applying for this visa? Does that mean I can only apply after June 2020?

Count 730 days on 489 ONSHORE then apply, this is the safest way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jie Mee said:

Four weeks in one year are considered ok by DIBP as your annual holiday; anything more than that ideally should be compensated.

1 minute ago, au$$ie said:

🛎🛎🛎attention here 🛎🛎🛎🛎

if they started yesterday september applications ..just reminder for everyone 

please check again before your file gets picked up 

make sure everything is there 

hopefully there will be a rain of grants soon

🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

What do you mean by "if they started September applicants yesterday?" 

Have they?  

• Like 1