887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, Charpel887 said:

Hi guys, I was just looking at the google sheets tracker and noticed from user Maansu that CO requested for documents because him and his wife didn't have their middle names in their lease bond.

My partner and I also don't always use our full name in documents. Some have our full names including middle name and some have just first name + surname. Is this an issue and should we do anything about it before a CO picks up our file? 

Depends on the CO, but I can assure you that it wasn't a problem in our application.

BUT if you use aliases to your name and use different ones on different documents it might be a problem. Then you will need police certificates for all your aliases.

But for first names and middle names usage it shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stellajane said:

Depends on the CO, but I can assure you that it wasn't a problem in our application.

BUT if you use aliases to your name and use different ones on different documents it might be a problem. Then you will need police certificates for all your aliases.

But for first names and middle names usage it shouldn't be a problem.

Okay thank you. My partner and I are very paranoid because we've noticed many COs being careless or asking for extra stuff for no reason. We're just praying hard for a direct grant this year. If we can do anything more before a CO picks up our file, we will do it to prevent longer wait time. 

Applied in April 2019 so still a few more months to go but the paranoia is creeping on us daily. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Charpel887 said:

Hi guys, I was just looking at the google sheets tracker and noticed from user Maansu that CO requested for documents because him and his wife didn't have their middle names in their lease bond.

My partner and I also don't always use our full name in documents. Some have our full names including middle name and some have just first name + surname. Is this an issue and should we do anything about it before a CO picks up our file? 

Bond documents and tenant agreements cannot be changed so if it does not include your middle name then it does not matter. There is no requirement to have middle names in these agreements and therefore the request from the CO would not be reasonable.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Charpel887 said:

I got the AFP with all the combinations of my name. I actually got 3 middle names, and 2 family names. so there are plenty variations used in various docs and some have only a part of my family names since they are out of characters to put it in. In the end, I had 9 combinations which I did specify in my AFP. 

40 minutes ago, SJay said:

I got the AFP with all the combinations of my name. I actually got 3 middle names, and 2 family names. so there are plenty variations used in various docs and some have only a part of my family names since they are out of characters to put it in. In the end, I had 9 combinations which I did specify in my AFP. 

Can I just clarify if it is one AFP with different combination of names? or did you get multiple AFPs? And you've done this because you have different middle and family names right? 

Planning to renew all our police certs (including overseas ones) soon so this would be useful to know.

7 minutes ago, Charpel887 said:

Can I just clarify if it is one AFP with different combination of names? or did you get multiple AFPs? And you've done this because you have different middle and family names right? 

Planning to renew all our police certs (including overseas ones) soon so this would be useful to know.

In AFP, you have a provision to include all other names, we need to give all other names within the same application.

For overseas, need to check if your country PCC allowing to enter other names in the application , for my case  Indian PCC don't have any fields to enter other names, we need to enter names as per the passport only.

3 hours ago, Satish said:

In AFP, you have a provision to include all other names, we need to give all other names within the same application.

For overseas, need to check if your country PCC allowing to enter other names in the application , for my case  Indian PCC don't have any fields to enter other names, we need to enter names as per the passport only.

Ah okay, thank you. Very helpful 🙂  Last time I did the AFP was a year ago so I don't remember the option. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sofee said:

Hello all, I am a November 2018 applicant. I had my first CO contact yesterday and supplied all of the required documentation as requested. How long does it usually take for the grant of a visa after this? 

The answer to that question is not defined, it can be anything from a few days to a few months. It's a pity as you could have had your PR now. What did the CO request?

1 minute ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

The answer to that question is not defined, it can be anything from a few days to a few months. It's a pity as you could have had your PR now. What did the CO request?

Thankyou for your reply. They requested further employment information for my partner. 

Hi everyone, Same here 

Applied 26 October 2018

first contact on 9 January 2020

Asked for partners transcripts for english proof we did provide functional english letter from college but they asked anyway.provided same day all the documents don’t know when we get our grant

Edited by 887 visa

41 minutes ago, 887 visa said:

Hi everyone, Same here 

Applied 26 October 2018

first contact on 9 January 2020

Asked for partners transcripts for english proof we did provide functional english letter from college but they asked anyway.provided same day all the documents don’t know when we get our grant

Hello, does yours say further assessment? Do all of these documents have to be certified copies as, on the departments website, one page says not, another says yes.