887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, agk said:

@anna 

Can you please share the country you from?... also dont pay the lawyer as you almost there... why you have to pay a big money for absolutely nothing.... you will be fine 

my prayers with you and all other 887 applicants 🙂

I am from pakistan. We have more security checks to go through. That’s what happened to my brothers and now same for me. Well I ll only hire a lawyer if I cross 18month period.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2020 at 12:12 AM, Navdeep047 said:

Yes.... our 489 expired 25/8/2018. Applied 887 23/8/2018..we are on bridging visa now.

CO requested documents onn23/12/2019 but nothing after that..

Could you please tell us what document CO requested for? did you move to metro after bridging visa activation?

1 hour ago, Anna said:

I am from pakistan. We have more security checks to go through. That’s what happened to my brothers and now same for me. Well I ll only hire a lawyer if I cross 18month period.

IM from pakistan too... its been 4 months they last contacted us

Edited by Mazie

1 minute ago, Ak Khan said:

same here. They made a contact on 3rd january for polio vaccine certificate even though  I have not been to Pakistan for more than 28 days...

Yes, we never stayed in pakistan for more than 2 weeks but my friend did so I asked her to get it done and upload it in her file just in case.

7 hours ago, Robin Joseph said:

Hi Hans,

i'm currently on a 489(family sponsored) visa and about to lodge for 887 visa this month. I just have a question it would great if you could help. When filling out the form for 887 visa should I reply yes or no when asked about whether I stayed in a regional area(does it also include designated area as i stayed in Melbourne throughout my residency)?

Hi Robin,

I applied through consultancy so i have no idea what details we need to fill form.

But melbourne is a designated area so i would say "yes"

Hi Helpful Group Members,

I needed to ask this question:

While on visa 489 i was not allowed to live and work in Sydney, NSW. Now i have applied for my PR on 19 April 2019 and currently on Bridging Visa B. I want to confirm does the designated areas living condition continue on bridging visa B as well or can i move to Sydney if needed. There are no conditions mentioned on BVB that was given to me.

Should i consider that since no condition is mentioned on BVB so i can move or the conditions of 489 will implicitly be on BVB as well untill we are granted 887?

Regards

MM

33 minutes ago, Mesum said:

While on visa 489 i was not allowed to live and work in Sydney, NSW. Now i have applied for my PR on 19 April 2019 and currently on Bridging Visa B. I want to confirm does the designated areas living condition continue on bridging visa B as well or can i move to Sydney if needed. There are no conditions mentioned on BVB that was given to me.

Should i consider that since no condition is mentioned on BVB so i can move or the conditions of 489 will implicitly be on BVB as well untill we are granted 887?

Regards

MM

I suppose once your 489 express and there  are no conditions attached to the Bridging Visa you can live anywhere

Edited by Megrand1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesum said:

Regards

MM

Your Bridging Visa holds same restriction as your previous Visa, so you still need to live in Regional Area, sorry for the bad news. I am positive sure!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mesum said:

Regards

MM

Your visa conditions don't change till your 489 expires; also after that i highly recommend staying in designated area till you get your PR.

13 minutes ago, Dee said:

Your visa conditions don't change till your 489 expires; also after that i highly recommend staying in designated area till you get your PR.

I spoke to lawyer yesterday about this she said once 489 over and bridging visa gets activated you are free to move anywhere as it doesn’t come with any conditions. @Mesum

2 hours ago, Mesum said:

Regards

MM

To answer your question based on the "limited information available", you cannot stay outside regional areas till your 887 visa is processed. 

Having said that, I have tried to relate this legally, as per the act/legislation/policies  the bridging visa is issued against the visa one applies for and conditions will apply as per that. In this case it is 887 which is a Permanent Residency visa which does not have any conditions. 

Legally speaking based on the visa you have one needs to be in compliance with that , the bridging visa states that there are no conditions which means at any time the applicant will be in compliance of visa conditions even though he is not in regional area. 

Given the limitation on the information available, it will be highly difficult for anyone in this group  to 100% tell that it can be possible based on factual evidence. Conservative approach is to continue and stick to regional areas. 

If your circumstances are really trying the best option is to discuss with the immigration and work out a way. There is always a solution if one is ready to look for and invest time in finding one. 

Immigration website is silent on this for obvious reasons. 

Hope this gives some insight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

This information is life saver. How much are you sure about it?

I paid freaking $350 for her 1 hour appointment. Thats how much I am sure about😂😂. You can call immi to clear rest of the doubts but bridging visa also states that if you have the copy with you. You can read it through.

50 minutes ago, TTTF said:

To answer your question based on the "limited information available", you cannot stay outside regional areas till your 887 visa is processed. 

Having said that, I have tried to relate this legally, as per the act/legislation/policies  the bridging visa is issued against the visa one applies for and conditions will apply as per that. In this case it is 887 which is a Permanent Residency visa which does not have any conditions. 

Legally speaking based on the visa you have one needs to be in compliance with that , the bridging visa states that there are no conditions which means at any time the applicant will be in compliance of visa conditions even though he is not in regional area. 

Given the limitation on the information available, it will be highly difficult for anyone in this group  to 100% tell that it can be possible based on factual evidence. Conservative approach is to continue and stick to regional areas. 

If your circumstances are really trying the best option is to discuss with the immigration and work out a way. There is always a solution if one is ready to look for and invest time in finding one. 

Immigration website is silent on this for obvious reasons. 

Hope this gives some insight. 

You are so right; i would go against taking any risk and wait; hence DIBP is the best resource to answer this question.

• Thanks 1