887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 hours ago, semtiaz13 said:

Hi, i am eligible for 887 now but i am still waiting for my newborn's passport. not sure how long it will take to arrive in Australia. due to covid-19 everything is uncertain. is there any way to lodge application and update passport later. in  immiacctount it requires to provide her passport number while filling out the 887 application.

seriously confused can anyone help? please

Don't wait for the passport. 

Just start your application. 

@nudgee

I’m just watching the PM live as well. He did mention other visa holders can leave the country if they are facing any problems. I think the immigration minister needs to give his speech regarding how they are gonna deal in this scenarios. Looks like they are not ready to provide any assistance to any temporary visa holders. 

• Like 1

As long as they expedite visa processing for God's sake, we could feel relief.  David Coleman couldn't cope with Peter Dutton and left forever, how Alan Tudge manages to fight against that evil???? I doubt.

We don’t really want any money from them we just want a reasonable processing time, what I am upset about everyday is seeing how quick they give 189 and 190. Even today I see a 189 grant which take less than 30 days to process! But they always use the stricter border protection and stricter background checks as excuses to delay our visas but not other visas

Guys please retweet and trend this i have just found out in twitter. 489 visa holder like us won't get any benefits instead they are increasing processing time day by day. Coming days will be hard for us.non residents can't access their superannuation, they don't want to give our own money. I have lost my job and have 2 kids i have to tap in savings but we don't know how long. never ending processing time for 887 is killing us. they have literally forgot about other visa holders who contribute to Australian economy.

• Like 1

I think they are only talking about the visitors visas and nothing to do with ours or when we are on bridging. I am praying and hoping that don’t ask us to leave at the end. It would be devastating having lived here, paid taxes and did jobs that are not even close to our field of expertise. Please guys don’t me wrong but just don’t have a very positive feeling abt all this. I would be so happy if I am wrong. I have never felt so much stress and uncertainty in my entire life. Why?Like why? Where did we go wrong, what have done?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, May2019 said:

I think they are only talking about the visitors visas and nothing to do with ours or when we are on bridging. I am praying and hoping that don’t ask us to leave at the end. It would be devastating having lived here, paid taxes and did jobs that are not even close to our field of expertise. Please guys don’t me wrong but just don’t have a very positive feeling abt all this. I would be so happy if I am wrong. I have never felt so much stress and uncertainty in my entire life. Why?Like why? Where did we go wrong, what have done?

At the moment I am thinking same. Please don’t send us back home at the end, like we spend all our life working here and what we gonna do in back home. So much frustration and stressed 😥 

3 minutes ago, Kreepaparajul said:

At the moment I am thinking same. Please don’t send us back home at the end, like we spend all our life working here and what we gonna do in back home. So much frustration and stressed 😥 

Also the main issue is that most of us have been working jobs not related to our education or experience, at home it will be next to impossible to get a decent job and being in our 30s. Like I said before, I hope that’s not the case. But the uncertainty is beyond bearable. At the end of all this I Think I would need phsycological help...

• Like 1

Morning news: Skilled temporary visa holders are allowed to withdraw super to go throught difficult times, and if visa  holders think the cost of  the next 6 months are not enough, government says please go home.

Where did you hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk