887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I told them other visas took a lot less time to process and she understand is frustrated for us, she said they are not discriminate us by countries or race, so they cant help 😞 

She is not supposed to discriminate us, and I believe her, because it's not her decision/action to do with us, it's Peter Dutton. And obviously he's suing border control as an excuse to hurt a lot of people including aboriginal people, including old visa applicants. While 491, 189 or 190, most of them are the biggest shareholders of migrants agents, and they help with fighting strongly against control policy, but only old 489 are left behind, in a really vulnerable position.

Edited by Seacity112

8 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I told them other visas took a lot less time to process and she understand is frustrated for us, she said they are not discriminate us by countries or race, so they cant help 😞 

It is such a simplified and stupid definition of discrimination. OMG:-(((

Never trusted those guys

Agree regarding media being the best bet. I have been told by a journalist (a family member) that we should try contact Paul Karp (The Guardian) as he might be the best person to cover this. The only thing is at this time most media are going to cover COVID-19 so its going to be hard to get any focus on this issue. However, if we start contacting him then maybe we can get somewhere. I think I will try email him today. 

https://muckrack.com/paul-karp

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 11:30 AM, nudgee said:

We don’t have that many members here unfortunately, even the other petition took one and half years and still only 4800 signatures

Please ask secondary application also able to sign, so will get more signature

Just seen a grant on a Facebook group. They applied August 2018. Waited 19 months 5 days. Granted 887 today. I dont have any other details but I asked who the CO was. 

Good news I suppose. 🙂

Since received this info:

asked for addition info of UK and Australian Police checks on 5th Dec supplied and uploaded on 11th Dec ... no further contact until late this afternoon with email containing grants attached... CO was Wilson

Edited by BoddyFam
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

Just seen a grant on a Facebook group. They applied August 2018. Waited 19 months 5 days. Granted 887 today. I dont have any other details but I asked who the CO was. 

Good news I suppose. 🙂

Since received this info:

asked for addition info of UK and Australian Police checks on 5th Dec supplied and uploaded on 11th Dec ... no further contact until late this afternoon with email containing grants attached... CO was Wilson

A ray of hope😊

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 9:38 AM, Jim83 said:

Hi mate,

Getting in touch with you after reading your post of getting exemption to travel.

Unfortunately, we are in same boat and got stuck in India with current 489visa expiring on 26th May and our 887 is already in process.

Can you plz help me with few questions before i apply for exemption,

1. Are u an immediate family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident or are a New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia.

2. if u dont mind could you please tell me what was the reason you mention for getting exemption as it says on web that Case information: why this case should be considered for Commissioner discretion/exemption.

Appreciate your help, unfortunately this season has been so rough for us that i got email from my employer this morning that i have to stand down from my job too.

thx...

Hi,I am also in your list. My 489 is expiring on 17th of May 2020 and I have applied 887 got bridging visa A. I am stuck overseas and unable to go back to Australia. Unfortunately, our BVA will not come into effect as we are overseas and we cannot either apply for BVB overseas. If you get exemption or any more info please let me know. 

5 hours ago, Qasim Javed said:

Hi,I am also in your list. My 489 is expiring on 17th of May 2020 and I have applied 887 got bridging visa A. I am stuck overseas and unable to go back to Australia. Unfortunately, our BVA will not come into effect as we are overseas and we cannot either apply for BVB overseas. If you get exemption or any more info please let me know. 

Will do....

Will be on bridge visa in 3 weeks... Employer keep asking about my visa.. - - cant give him an answer

Real estate agent keep asking when I will be able to extend my lease agreement... - - - can't answer

Will I be able to access my supper?? - - - no. 

Will I have any help if I lose job soon - - - no. 

I am working at the same place full time since I land in Australia

I been staying in the same place for 3.5 years. 

I am paying taxes, rent, insurances, bills etc... Never had any debt or police issues

Why it so hard to make a desigion??? Am I worse from people who applying on other visa? Why it is takes 28 month to say Yes or No.. It is simple.. If yes I will plan my future.. If No I will pack my bags... Just give me f..NG certain in my future....

Sorry guys.. It just what I am thinking now.. 

• Like 4

Hi, i have this question regarding to waiting 887 while oversea, hope someone can advise.

I am applying 887 as i just full filled all requirements as a 489 holder. I just lost my job due to COVID19 and it is really hard to find a full time job without PR.

The processing time is now ridiculous, so i decided to work oversea while waiting 887. But 887 will only be grant when i am onshore. So i have below questions:

1. Will my application be potential on hold while i am oversea and re-entered the process queue after return which might lead to longer waiting period?

2. Will i receive any information from case officer that i will be grant 887 and i need to return to be granted?

3. Since i might stay oversea for more than 12 month, do i need to prepare local police certificate and update it to my application after i returned?

It is really painful to get pr in this path way. Hope everyone will get their 887 early!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jack said:

Hi, i have this question regarding to waiting 887 while oversea, hope someone can advise.

I am applying 887 as i just full filled all requirements as a 489 holder. I just lost my job due to COVID19 and it is really hard to find a full time job without PR.

The processing time is now ridiculous, so i decided to work oversea while waiting 887. But 887 will only be grant when i am onshore. So i have below questions:

1. Will my application be potential on hold while i am oversea and re-entered the process queue after return which might lead to longer waiting period? - application will not be on hold; infact if your application is opened and processed you will get a message from CO of either required documents or pre-grant

2. Will i receive any information from case officer that i will be grant 887 and i need to return to be granted?- yes i mentioned above you will get notification

3. Since i might stay oversea for more than 12 month, do i need to prepare local police certificate and update it to my application after i returned? - you will need local police check in case your certificate (the one uploaded) expires

It is really painful to get pr in this path way. Hope everyone will get their 887 early! - hang on there buddy we will all get through

Hi Jack - please see my input embedded in your questions. Please note eventually you have to take a call. All the best

Morning everyone,

I hope everyone is keeping well, this is a very scary time we all are facing, praying for everyone's wellness.

I need to apply for my son's Indian passport who is born here in Australia so I can add him on our 887 application. 

Currently the VFS office is close and call center is also closed due to the current situation ituation. 

I had created the profile on the Indian passport website and started his application,  It's asking me to put his Aadhar card number before I can proceed further however I have not applied his Aadhar card yet and just wondering if anyone from here can share some knowledge and the information , what do I have to do in this situation to complete online application for indian passport for Minor. 

Can anyone please share some information for the passport application for Minor.

Thanking everyone in and advance for your time and help, it's greatly appreciated.