887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi everyone  I am new to this forum and in the same boat applied for 887 in December 2018 still waiting for it.

i have also signed petition and my family and friends have also signed petition now it’s 4963 only few left to sign if we all can request our family and friends may be something better can happen. 

finger crossed hope for best.

http://chng.it/P9shwyRf

Sorry to let you down but this petition is not very useful because it was created almost two years ago and the receivers of the petition are Peter Dutton and David Coleman and they are both not working on immigration atm, only the acting minister Alan Tudge is working on it but he is not on the list.

I think signing the following petition maybe more useful at this stage and we need another 130 signatures before 22nd April so we have 1000 signatures to present to parliament...

https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1378

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Sorry to let you down but this petition is not very useful because it was created almost two years ago and the receivers of the petition are Peter Dutton and David Coleman and they are both not working on immigration atm, only the acting minister Alan Tudge is working on it but he is not on the list.

I think signing the following petition maybe more useful at this stage and we need another 130 signatures before 22nd April so we have 1000 signatures to present to parliament...

https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1378

Good one , signed . I guess this is what we can do to support ourselves. 

764F2E0F-5117-4FC8-B380-BC30B3BCE5DC.jpeg

• Like 1

The DHA is successfully created 16 months waiting period for December 2018 applicants which is yet to open. 
if anyone newly applying 887 visa should keep any eye on it, how they are gonna survive/manage in regional areas during this wait time. 
From my experience government wants to use this as a reason to keep prolonging for 887 visa applicant and Australian citizenship applicants. If a certain portfolio which is immigration department is handling by the persons like Peter Dutton we can experience all this sort of issues rather than being innovative or supportive, they just lack bringing new ideas or supporting future citizens. 

The only applicants who aren’t affected is the 189 and 190 visa applicants. Although the official processing time shows on the DHA for that two subclasses 9 or 11 months. Most of them are getting granted in 2-5 months. 

New Zealand is offering support to TR holders.

Canada is offering support to TR holders.

UK is offering support to TR holders and extending visas for free of cost for health professionals.

Australia, if you are facing struggles, access super, if you can’t survive with it, leave the county.

By what Australia is making with that statement is we can see how shortsighted the politicians are. Although NZ and Canada aren’t wealthy when compared to Australia. But they are extending their welfare benefits to TR holders. That’s because they know the value of their contribution and they know eventually they will become PR or citizen of their country. 

This Liberal party is just a joke. Unfortunately we all have another 2 years to survive this government. 

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone know what is the requirement to access super early? For PR and citizen you need to prove that you either lose your job or your income is reduced by more than 20 %, not sure about TR, I haven’t lost my job yet dunno if I can still withdraw super. I sent a lot of money to support my family oversea so I also need more fund.

3 hours ago, nudgee said:

I wonder if anyone know what is the requirement to access super early? For PR and citizen you need to prove that you either lose your job or your income is reduced by more than 20 %, not sure about TR, I haven’t lost my job yet dunno if I can still withdraw super. I sent a lot of money to support my family oversea so I also need more fund.

https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/super/withdrawing-and-using-your-super/early-access-to-your-super/#Compassionategrounds

21 hours ago, ausdre said:

Guys my question might be unrelated to current situation but i have few question.

Before lodging the 887 visa do we need to remain in 2 years continuously in regional area. What I meant is That i stayed for 1 year and completed the work condition in regional area  and then went back to my home country due to some urgent work and came back after 2 years and spent the remaining 1 year in regional area which satisfy my 2 year stay.

Am i eligible for applying 887 visa ?

My second question is after applying 887 visa 

Can I go back to my home country, will my application still be process and when they will provide the result will they let me know that I have to come first to hear the outcome or they will just put my application on hold and not progress at all without informing me .I know we have to update them that we are leaving but will they tell us to come when they are about to tell us a decision

Can anyone please help me by answering my query.