887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, dar8 said:

Yes mate we just got to Melbourne they put us In quarantine acc today , once you get the exemption airline will get approval to board you when you check in at the airport this could take couple of hours as in my flight they did this to all non Australian passport holders even prs had to wait for the approval to board the flight

2 hours ago, dar8 said:

Yes mate we just got to Melbourne they put us In quarantine acc today , once you get the exemption airline will get approval to board you when you check in at the airport this could take couple of hours as in my flight they did this to all non Australian passport holders even prs had to wait for the approval to board the flight

Hi can you tell me from where did you travel to Australia and on what exemptions.
any help would be appreciated.

Hello guys

We are going through rough phase of our lives be it mentally and financially. However, we all have to strong like never before. 

Few suggestions I would like to give for the people who lost their jobs or stood down because of China Virus. 

- Apply for superannuation, all temporary visa holders are eligible to claim tax as we are all residents for tax purposes. 

- Be prepared for the processing time gonna hit up for all time record high in coming 6 months. Unfortunately, we all got struck in it. 

-making online petitions/SBS stories will not have any impact of reducing time. Department is aware of what’s going on. However, they won’t try to reduce it. 

- Peter Dutton is one kind of a guy where he never listen to the Australia public how can we expect him to listen to a temporary visa holder petitions. He just doesn’t care. 

- Just forget about processing. Just continue what you guys are doing. 

Amen

• Like 2

8 hours ago, March9th2019 said:

Hello guys

We are going through rough phase of our lives be it mentally and financially. However, we all have to strong like never before. 

Few suggestions I would like to give for the people who lost their jobs or stood down because of China Virus. 

- Apply for superannuation, all temporary visa holders are eligible to claim tax as we are all residents for tax purposes. 

- Be prepared for the processing time gonna hit up for all time record high in coming 6 months. Unfortunately, we all got struck in it. 

-making online petitions/SBS stories will not have any impact of reducing time. Department is aware of what’s going on. However, they won’t try to reduce it. 

- Peter Dutton is one kind of a guy where he never listen to the Australia public how can we expect him to listen to a temporary visa holder petitions. He just doesn’t care. 

Amen

Hard to accept but this is the truth 😞

8 hours ago, March9th2019 said:

Hello guys

Amen

IT IS NOT CHINA VIRUS!

IT IS NOT CHINA VIRUS!
Please don't say " it's china Virus".
At this time of circumstances, we all need to stand together n get over other side of this situation.
Please refer it as coronovirus instead naming any country...please humble request.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Please don't say " it's china Virus".
At this time of circumstances, we all need to stand together n get over other side of this situation.
Please refer it as coronovirus instead naming any country...please humble request.

I said not, I was calling the other person out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, horrible news, if we lose jobs we will have no monies to live, I just called ATO and they confirmed TR is not permitted to assess the superannuation early unless you leave the country and not coming back. This is bloody horrible we can’t even use our own money to support ourself in this horrible moment. Here is the reference from ATO website, I am living in fear now:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Dealing-with-disasters/In-detail/Specific-disasters/COVID-19/?anchor=Individuals#NonresidentstemporarilyinAustraliaasares

33b311e480f4ea0a04fa9548dd3bfc72.jpg

• Sad 1

It is China virus. 
This virus ruined complete world. All developed countries should kneel China down. China Virus. 
Please do not post this mate.... We have Chinese friends as well in group.
It's not healthy.
In the interest of discipline in this group...please don't post such type of terms.
I understand n agree with circumstances we are going through....
It will pass ...
Please...please refrain with such terms...

Skill 189, 190,491, student visa are still being granted. See my immitracker and on Facebook migration agents posting as well.

Its not because of corona virus or bush fires its just 887 but like why?

i just dont get what is wrong with being 887 applicant.? 
only reason i think of it is the application fees i guess.

hope they pay attention to 887 applications.

have a good day guys.

14 hours ago, dar8 said:

many thanks

16 minutes ago, toibz said:

Skill 189, 190,491, student visa are still being granted. See my immitracker and on Facebook migration agents posting as well.

Its not because of corona virus or bush fires its just 887 but like why?

i just dont get what is wrong with being 887 applicant.? 
only reason i think of it is the application fees i guess.

hope they pay attention to 887 applications.

have a good day guys.

Only thing wrong with 887 is that we are onshore hence delay.

1 hour ago, March9th2019 said:

It is China virus. 
This virus ruined complete world. All developed countries should kneel China down. China Virus. 

This is not good mate, you are using inappropriate language and trying to target one community.

BTW, I am not Chinese, but I don't support anyone who makes any racial comments. 

• Thanks 2

Just Read this article at ABC News:

Permanent residency applications need to be fast-tracked

A migration expert is calling on the Federal Government to fast-track permanent residency applications so people can access coronavirus welfare support.

The $130 billion JobKeeper package excludes non-citizens - like working holiday, temporary work and bridging visa holders - as well as international students.

Migration Solutions chief executive Mark Glazbrook says some people have followed the right procedures, but still can't access financial support, and says the Government needs to broaden the criteria.

"A lot of people are left with no way of supporting themselves, don't have access to meet their basic needs, for food and access to healthcare services," he said.

"I think as a country we have a responsibility to look after the people that are currently here in Australia.

"Some have been waiting over six months for a decision to be made. If the department had already made a decision on those permanent visa applications, they would now be eligible for some of the welfare and job keeper payments which have been announced by the Federal Government."
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, serry said:

Just Read this article at ABC News:

Permanent residency applications need to be fast-tracked

A migration expert is calling on the Federal Government to fast-track permanent residency applications so people can access coronavirus welfare support.

The $130 billion JobKeeper package excludes non-citizens - like working holiday, temporary work and bridging visa holders - as well as international students.

Migration Solutions chief executive Mark Glazbrook says some people have followed the right procedures, but still can't access financial support, and says the Government needs to broaden the criteria.

"A lot of people are left with no way of supporting themselves, don't have access to meet their basic needs, for food and access to healthcare services," he said.

"I think as a country we have a responsibility to look after the people that are currently here in Australia.

"Some have been waiting over six months for a decision to be made. If the department had already made a decision on those permanent visa applications, they would now be eligible for some of the welfare and job keeper payments which have been announced by the Federal Government."

Could you please share the link to this article?

1 minute ago, Kevinnnn said:

Could you please share the link to this article?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-31/coronavirus-live-updates-covid-19-australia-restrictions/12104716

I have copy and pasted it, so there is no more content in it. But good thing is that it is always good make a noise instead of waiting for help silently. Hope for the best....

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rocky7 said:

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum, I will be submitting my 887 application next month. I filled all details in IMMI account but application shows incomplete. Is that ok?

Do we need to get AFP clearance certificate before submit application or can i submit latter as there is now 2 year processing time ?

Start the application now. Keep adding the documents later, they are not going to look at your application till 2022 anyway. So better be quick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, amina umar said:

many thanks

Hi mate,

Getting in touch with you after reading your post of getting exemption to travel.

Unfortunately, we are in same boat and got stuck in India with current 489visa expiring on 26th May and our 887 is already in process.

Can you plz help me with few questions before i apply for exemption,

1. Are u an immediate family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident or are a New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia.

2. if u dont mind could you please tell me what was the reason you mention for getting exemption as it says on web that Case information: why this case should be considered for Commissioner discretion/exemption.

Appreciate your help, unfortunately this season has been so rough for us that i got email from my employer this morning that i have to stand down from my job too.

thx...

Edited by Jim83

17 hours ago, dar8 said:

Hi mate,

Getting in touch with you after reading your post of getting exemption to travel.

Unfortunately, we are in same boat and got stuck in India with current 489visa expiring on 26th May and our 887 is already in process.

Can you plz help me with few questions before i apply for exemption,

1. Are u an immediate family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident or are a New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia.

2. if u dont mind could you please tell me what was the reason you mention for getting exemption as it says on web that Case information: why this case should be considered for Commissioner discretion/exemption.

Appreciate your help, unfortunately this season has been so rough for us that i got email from my employer this morning that i have to stand down from my job too.

thx

Edited by Jim83

Re-editing my post as I took time to collect my thoughts and consider next steps:

I reached out to Mark (the migration agent who commented on the issue on ABC news of temporary residents during this crisis) personally to thank him as it meant a lot to me when we're in a very voiceless position. He mentioned that he did bring up the 887 issue with the same reporter from ABC and could put me in touch with him for a possible follow up story. 

Mark said it might better the chance we have to push the Government to review their position. This might be an opportunity for us to get some media attention and have a positive outcome. 

My partner and I aren't in the worst situation and are happy to chat but was wondering if anyone else would be interested in sharing their stories? 

I'm happy to be the point of contact but would need people willing to DM me with their current situation and how they're directly impacted by COVID-19 so that we can create traction and strike while the iron is hot. 

I personally think ABC news is a good platform as it reaches out to a wide audience. If this doesn't work, hey at least we tried. 🙂

Edited by Charpel887
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1.Why 887 is slow processing 

Ans- The number of application is relatively way lower then 190 and 189. They focus on to clear reduce the burden of 189 and 190. I would say  ration would be 1/10 ( 887/189,190) just my assumptions. 

2. Why 491 why processing writhing 2 months of time 

Ans- Newly commenced visa and they try to attract migrant to move and settle down in regional. Target to growth and expansion of regional area 

3. Can we receive $1500 forthnightly payment from our employer

ans - No not at this stage only PR, citizen, NZ holder or NZ holder settle after 2001 but at least stying here more than 10 years. 

4. Early access of superannuation..?

ans- No (leave this country for forever and claiming from overseas but full amount not refunded and deducting 30%

at last I would just relax and stay health. Keep spread the love and positivity. By the I am waiting for my grant last 20 months

cheers 🙏

• Like 1