887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 hours ago, DANISH RAZA said:

Not yet, has anyone got exemption who were on 489 and were stuck overseas ? 

I got ours yesterday we applied last Saturday, did you enter a recent intended flying date? We had booked our flights for 28th and put the flying date as 28th and they gave the outcome on 27th , i also contacted my local state senators office who called them to follow up

On 3/27/2020 at 9:19 AM, Megrand1 said:

They care for refugees only but they don't see us

There is no harm in caring refugees mate. Ideally they are not caring us.

We should be thankful to God that they have seen so much that they had to take refuge here. We cannot imagine level of circumstances they would have faced.

But, Yes I agree they are ignoring us....

• Like 1

We should be thankful to God that they have seen so much that they had to take refuge here. We cannot imagine level of circumstances they would have faced.

They are not just ignoring us but they lie to us. They set the rules that we stay in regional and work full time to contribute to the regional and then we will get our PR, we work so hard we be such good citizens but they change the game half way through and let us suffer for 4 or 5 years instead. It’s totally unfair. If people know from the beginning we have to wait 4-5 years I guess not many of us will choose this horrible pathway. So upset and cannot think of anything good about them especially now we are in risk of losing the job and there is no any support for us!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ashi said:

I can't agree with you. These people receive too much attention just because they declare themselves refugees though many of them come from countries without war. They receive benefits while we work hard and contribute to the economy to support them receiving the middle finger in return

Edited by Megrand1
  • Like 1

I can't agree with you. These people receive too much attention just because they declare themselves refugees though many of them come from countries without war. They receive benefits while we work hard and contribute to the economy to support them receiving the middle finger in return
My dear friend,
I respect your point of view. However, I slightly differ from you buddy.
War is not only reason Refuge.

Point is to give us attention our cases needs priority, however it does not mean they ignore this part of community.

I completely agree we work hard and contribute.
But they receive heaps of financial help from UNO from respective agencies on these cases....
I will close this argument here...
But you n me are struck here, everyday is frustration...no benefits...step behaviour.
I agree to all these points...

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Strategy

Be positive

• We needed to wait for this coronavirus dust to settle
  • The main idea to get media/politician attention.
  • One of the senior member who already got 887 needed to come forward
  • We will meet in Adelaide and raise the money for Lawyer /other stuffs
  • We lodge a complaint in court by one guy who got the 887 regarding the processing time and mental drama that go through this amount of time
  • We lodge another complaint by the same guy on human rights commission regarding the depression /mental strain etc
  • Both cases not needed to follow up. We just needed to have media/ politician attention.
  • We approach the opposition party regarding the peter Dutton PR visa cover-up. It’s already a few articles on it.
  • After the above steps, we will approach Media like SBS other news channels.
  • We make it work guys
  • Always remember, we should put one 887 grant guy in front. We don’t want anyone who is in 489 do above things, It may spoil his visa decision.
  • We must do something.
  • On the meantime, everyone collects the evidence for difficulties they face because of 489. For example, As a post-grad student., I can show seek ads showing the PR only applications, etc
  • We can make it work if everyone comes forward
Edited by John akhil
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dar8 said:

I got ours yesterday we applied last Saturday, did you enter a recent intended flying date? We had booked our flights for 28th and put the flying date as 28th and they gave the outcome on 27th , i also contacted my local state senators office who called them to follow up

Wow great! What compelling grounds you mentioned to get this exemption to come back Australia on 489 visa.

it will help me to submit the enquiry 

On 3/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, dar8 said:

means persons who stuck over cease on 489 can travel to australia???

14 hours ago, siffi said:

Just going to lodge my 887 application..wish me luck !!  Finger cross...waiting game begins!! 

Good luck mate. Always a good milestone when you have put your application in. Hopefully the members here will provide you with good info. The wait has been a bit long for all of us but best to ignore some members who will only tell you doom and gloom. It does not take 3 to 5 years to get an 887 grant.

Edited by TakeItOnTheChin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nudgee said:

Try 190 if you are eligible mate, processing time only 2-4 months.

Hi bro,

Just cross-checking. We can't apply for 190 after they issued the 489.isn it?

Only 489 or 190 at a time then we cannot change.

Is that right?

please reply

Edited by John akhil

Hi bro,
Just cross-checking. We can't apply for 190 after that issued  489.isn it?
Only 489 or 190 at a time then we cannot change.
Is that right?
please reply

You can still apply for 190 if you are on 489, but if you are on 491 you cannot apply for 189 or 190.