887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

12 minutes ago, alsk said:

Your bridging visa will be active once 489 expires if you have lodged 887 application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, i have bridging visa and it will be active but problem is that one cannot enter into Australia on bridging visa A. What is the solution for that?

1 hour ago, Qasim Javed said:

Yes, i have bridging visa and it will be active but problem is that one cannot enter into Australia on bridging visa A. What is the solution for that?

You must apply for bridging visa b before 489 visa expired, so do it as soon as possible.

good morning everyone! It is so sad and frustrating what is going on around us, but I believe we all have the courage to stand firm and face this situation and get through it. Please be safe follow the instructions of COVID - 19, our visa comes second at this stage, our health should be the priority. 

However, just a quick question to anyone in the forum having similar experiences, I am completing my one-year waiting period by next month and I know that minimum one more year to go with new processing time. 

I am now planning (as soon as COVID-19, situation get cleared) to move to a regional area of NSW from where I am now. My question is anyone with an experience, who changed the address after applying for 887 and got questions from IMMI asking further payslips or any documents other than residential confirmation? 

I highly appriciate, if someone here can give me some idea. 

Thank you in advance and stay safe. PLEASE MAINTAIN PHYSICAL DISTANCE NOT SOCIAL DISTANCE (socially we should be connected)! 

kind regards!

ROMA

2 hours ago, Roma said:

good morning everyone! It is so sad and frustrating what is going on around us, but I believe we all have the courage to stand firm and face this situation and get through it. Please be safe follow the instructions of COVID - 19, our visa comes second at this stage, our health should be the priority. 

However, just a quick question to anyone in the forum having similar experiences, I am completing my one-year waiting period by next month and I know that minimum one more year to go with new processing time. 

I am now planning (as soon as COVID-19, situation get cleared) to move to a regional area of NSW from where I am now. My question is anyone with an experience, who changed the address after applying for 887 and got questions from IMMI asking further payslips or any documents other than residential confirmation? 

I highly appriciate, if someone here can give me some idea. 

Thank you in advance and stay safe. PLEASE MAINTAIN PHYSICAL DISTANCE NOT SOCIAL DISTANCE (socially we should be connected)! 

kind regards!

ROMA

Hi Roma, yes we had been asked to provide further evidence of the new address, so we provided new payslips, credit statement, tax assessment etc of the new address. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2020 at 5:20 PM, dar8 said:

Hi , Someone know if we are considered non residents? currently overseas with family and no flights to come tonight , looks like we are stuck overseas if we are considered non residents , no way to know dha closed :S

which country you are stuck. 489 consider non resident. 

On 3/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, Qasim Javed said:

Hello Guys, I have a very tough question.

I am on 489 visa and I have already applied 887. At this time I am stuck overseas. MY question is am I resident or non resident to return to Australia. My 489 is going to be expired in May. I am very much confused, What are options for me to get back onshore ASAP.

Qasim Javed. We are non resident. I am in position like you because my family stuck overseas but i am in Australia. my visa will expire on 4 july 2020.

If you find out any option so please let me know.

9 hours ago, Qasim Javed said:

Bridging visa b cannot be applied overseas. Thats the problem.

@Qasim Javed in your scenario you need to contact your nearest immigration office or may be contact to global feedback unit. As you are already in overseas in not eligible to apply for BB. You situation is little bit different that’s I I would suggest plz contact to the related authorities and believe they must be fliexible in the current scenario 

thanks 

6 hours ago, DANISH RAZA said:

dQasim Javed. We are non resident. I am in position like you because my family stuck overseas but i am in Australia. my visa will expire on 4 july 2020.

If you find out any option so please let me know.

@DANISH RAZA you need to contact to related authorities as soon as possible or contact global feedback unit as well and mentioned your situation or can contact nearest immigration office. They must be flexible in the current scenario.

Hi everyone,

For 489 to 887 does the 1year job requirement has to be continuous or it can be as 52 weeks in 4 years ? Cant find anything on DHA website. Its just word of mouth from everyone, i am very worried and dont want to risk specially when 887 processing time is more than 24 months now

Edited by jkfooty

Good morning mate! thank you so much for your response. Just a clarification please, did they ask payslips or you submitted to prove your address? Did they ask only address prove? 

Thank you in advance!

Roma

Edited by Roma

On 3/18/2020 at 4:33 PM, Maxzone said:

Mate @Seacity112, thanks a lot for your kind words.New processing time is 24 to 28 months,  that guy claimed he got grant within 13 months. Must have been lucky enough guy in the world or he must be close to Peter Dutton who knows. Good to see only you have been remembered about that not others, much appreciate mate . I can't comment on this one, not anymore. I have been blamed wrongly asking for a screenshot, I had enough. All I wanted to prevent the fake grant for everyone, people have an issue with that as well. From now on, I am not on anything don't count me in anymore. I wish everyone will get their grant soon. Peace!!

My friend my eyes are full of tears after reading how you were correctly victimized.

Karma is a bitch. What goes around comes around . You bullied me and somebody bullied you. 

Advanced issues found

😖
3 minutes ago, Ranjeet said:

My friend my eyes are full of tears after reading how you were correctly victimized.

Karma is a bitch. What goes around comes around . You bullied me and somebody bullied you. 

Hi, 

Get over it @Ranjeet. There are more reasons to worry than bitching about each other. 

Looking at the dead silence, I think our COs are not even working from home. 

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jkfooty said:

Hi everyone,

For 489 to 887 does the 1year job requirement has to be continuous or it can be as 52 weeks in 4 years ? Cant find anything on DHA website. Its just word of mouth from everyone, i am very worried and dont want to risk specially when 887 processing time is more than 24 months now

1 year full-time work and 2 years regional residency doesn't necessarily be continuous , you can break it and sum-up to satisfy conditions..

You have 4 years time to fulfill these conditions. 

29 minutes ago, Ranjeet said:

Can you see this @Maxzone the processing time was different for applicants and you blamed me when I said mine showed more time. 

@Ranjeet Did you tried clear cache to see any change? This is public website, there is no way that it is showing different processing times. If it shows differently in immi account, that is a different story. But website should  shows same for everyone. 

Hi Seniors

I have just joined the forum. Hav a question.

Till last week, I have been working full time like 35 n above hours. Now from today my hours have been reduced by almost 50% due to Corona Crisis. How I will justify my payslip for the period i am going to work with less hours incase any CO ask.

I have submitted my application in March 2019. Almost a year now.

Thanks

46 minutes ago, Scorpio2011 said:

Hi Seniors

I have just joined the forum. Hav a question.

Till last week, I have been working full time like 35 n above hours. Now from today my hours have been reduced by almost 50% due to Corona Crisis. How I will justify my payslip for the period i am going to work with less hours incase any CO ask.

I have submitted my application in March 2019. Almost a year now.

Thanks

You should be ok as you already met all the conditions when you applied 887 application. Anything that changes now wouldn't impact. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jkfooty said:

Hi everyone,

Not necessarily in a continuous basis. You can do within 4 years of time but make sure once applied your 887 it has to meet the one year employment requirement. 

• Like 1