887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guys,

I'am going to submit a long story with a bit of presentation gathering all web links, petitions, any comments on blogs to ABC news tomorrow. It's better if many people write the same thing. They will then think it would be a interesting topic.

I need more volunteers for this. Please comment if you can do the same...   

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BoddyFam said:

Could we invite that journalist to this Facebook Live or put him in contact with Mark from Migration Solutions? Just thinking before we invite him we should give Mark the heads up.

He's already in contact with Mark. I actually spoke to Mark and he referred me to the reporter 2 weeks ago. 

Let's focus our efforts on getting them to process our 887 visas faster 🙂

• Like 2

Last Canberra student was successful because they had chance to protest in-front of the parliament . All act together !!

my brother is PR who was holding the microphone in the news picture wearing the rain suit. 

Canberra government listen and acted fairly .https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/international-students-prepare-to-sue-act-govt-for-mismanagement-of-migration-program

Edited by Nov21/2018
  • Like 1

guys I only applied in August 2019. You reckon sending emails to those addresses is still adding value even though I haven't completed 1 year waiting? 

Yea more people send emails better because they will not look at it as individual case but the purpose is to create awareness and how widespread this issue is. We have members in the past contacting ministers but never get any positive responses because we are not working as a group so they can ignore us. So this time we need to get together and working as a group. This is the advise from Mark so we should listen to him and do our best.
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, SJay said:

guys I only applied in August 2019. You reckon sending emails to those addresses is still adding value even though I haven't completed 1 year waiting? 

Process time of this visa was 15 days before. 887 has one of the most easiest process for all visa types.

9 minutes ago, SJay said:

Yeah definitely! At the end of the day they advising you would have to wait 24-28 months too...and that's unacceptable. 

3 hours ago, nudgee said:

Hope everyone send emails. Hope we can finally see some grants today

In addition to emails which are being sent, please copy the media channels in order to get a parallel media  attention. This will make this event more significant in terms of getting appropriate action. 

Both the channels host Hon. PM and Immigration ministers frequently almost every week. If we send multiple emails surely they will cover the story. 

It is worth giving it a try when things are happening. 

Keep up the good work. 

For channel 7 morning show email id is  - 

themorningshow@seven.com.au

For Channel 9 morning show - https://9now.nine.com.au/today/tell-your-story

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 8:02 AM, serry said:

My Indian Police Clearance has expired and I have to renew it. Anyone here renewed it recently, just worried about how much time it will take to get it during this epidemic as we have to submit our passports. Many Thanks friends. 

Stay safe. 

I have applied few weeks ago and waiting for the report. when i checked my status it shows under progress.